Please remind me again why I should use Spotify

Please remind me again why I should use Spotify.

Because you're a beta cocksucker

no

Because you like to pay for music?
Because you like your data being harvested by proprietary "music players"?
Because you like to support the current record labels?
Because you don't like the idea that a significant fraction of your money flow to the actual artists?

I don't know...

only if youre not paying for it.

my sister and her friends is paying monthly for family premium

Because the application looks like pic related every time it's started before you do the restore/maximize routine?

>That font rendering
Holy shit

Free, comfy, you can find and discover whatever you want, it has a good design... The only bad is the mass publicity with the free account.

Well, I'll forward the compliments to the geniuses at Microsoft : ^ )

Font rendering in Win is indeed complete shit (like window managing, apparently) but this is my work laptop.

>Free

If you mean as in free beer, then sure, it's ""free''''.

Tell me why isnt free?

Who told you that?

I use Pandora. Roku via HDMI to soundbar. Don't want to download an app to play music, and I have flash completely eliminated from my computer, so it won't work on my laptop.

It's not free as in freedom. You don't get to play the music other then a third party allows you to or when they allow you to.

>still using wangdowns in the current year of 2017

Yeah, can't say I like it but my employer kind of demands it. At home I'm running comfy Devuan Jessie.

The moment they disallow me to listen to music is the moment I stop paying for their service.

C O N V E N I E N C E

It's fucking annoying having to download every track you want to listen to from random ass websites.

yeah this hey

you like jews more than artists

>jessie
Get stretched

t. retard

it's convenient, and easy to use?

Devuan isn't stretched, yet.

use youtube

If this is how you perceive downloading music then I can see how you need an app for that. I do wonder, though, which app you need to breath and shit.

I've heard that they're pretty useful for discovering new music, as they can just serve up random music that's similar to music you listen to. This isn't as easy to do with downloads, because you'd need to consciously decide what you want to download to expand your library, and the downloading takes a little bit of time.
Aside from that, being so retarded you don't know how to use other methods?

Breathing and shitting is automated just like Spotify
Not everyone has time to find the torrent they want off the music tracker download it then move it over to my phone when I could spend literal seconds just listening to music immediately on Spotify

>literally every artist is on Spotify
>easy to discover new artists
>can download songs
>family account: up to 6 different accounts of premium for a total of 12€/month (2€ each)
>playlist sharing

I don't know, maybe I'm not aspie enough to care about m-muh freedum when listening to fucking music

It's possible to do with last.fm scrobbling
But yeah the Spotify discover new music is very convenient I always find at least 10 songs out of the 30 they give you nice each week

Finding a torrent is literally the same effort as finding a song in spotify

\
i use hacked spotify for android. It's free. I did not update that apk in 2 years. I've yet to see or hear an advertisement.
I used web player built with flash on my desktop, but it was shitty. Now they have remade UI so it's complete trash. You can switch your browseragent to fool sppotify into giving you old design, but it's still shit, and one day will stop working.

on android it's godsend.

what other alternative you suggest? Downloading all this shit from all over the place and the manually tagging and catalogging? Do you have a life? Diferent naming schemes, different audio gain, different tagging. Fuck that shit.

Spotify is for cucks who think black people and "wub wub" hipsters are good at composing music.

I've been using last.fm lately, and it seems kind shit. Just a bunch of people that happen to also make anime/game soundtracks I think.

>Not everyone has time to find the torrent they want off the music tracker
Same effort as Spotify.

>download it
Literally effortless.

>then move it over to my phone
Can be automated, so literally effortless as well.
In short, it's as effortless as Spotify. If you don't have shit connection it's as fast as well in practice.

>free

You keep using that word but I don't think you know what it means. . .

Enlighten me
I do not spend a single dime
I listen to any music I want
I get stuff for free?

>...manually tagging and catalogging? Do you have a life? Diferent naming schemes, different audio gain, different tagging...

This doesn't contribute to downloading being a hassle. You autism does.

Free as in free beer, not as in freedom
Lord have mercy on those bitch ass newfags

Have you ever considered the stuff you give "them" for free as well? : ^ )

It's a trade. Not a fair trade for you, but you're to dumb to notice anyway.

Debian stable or testing for a relatively new Linux user?
>inb4 systemdick

good luck finding somethin a little less popular, even with the help of private trackers
then you need to rename it to your liking
if you have broad tastes in music then even 128gb card is not enough
every torrent out there has different tags and quality

on spotify you just search "nick mercy" and pick out album you need. 3 seconds and music is playing

I use it for finding out new music and then I just download everything.

Using a modded APK with VPN.

Devuan without NSA/systemd.

Spend time creating the playlists and updating everytime lol

Gmail can legally publish all of your emails. Would you consider that a "free" email service? I mean, you're not paying a dime, right?

Haha. I guess you run win10 with ""mods'''' do """disable'''''' all these telemetry stuff as well!

spotify -> search -> digitalism
full discography, pick and start playing
piratebay/whatever -> load up webpage ridden with adds, wasting your cpu cycles on adblocks, search digitalism -> find 4 same upload of 1 album, 2 uploads of second album and a discography until ~2014. 5-7 seeders.

>then you need to rename it to your liking
Can be automated as well.

>if you have broad tastes in music then even 128gb card is not enough
There are ways around that, besides you can get them at quadruple the size.

>every torrent out there has different ... quality
Not if you're not a retard.

Music discovery. No idea how good it is on Spotify, but on Deezer it works fairly well for me.

and what can spotify publish? my taste in music? OH NO! CALL BATMAN!
private trackers can publish your ip
your government can tax you for shit you do on your own land in your own time
grow up

Playlists constantly updated. Checkmate freetards.

Better guess again, friend.

Do you realize you have an application running on your phone/pc?

>Can be automated as well.
writing a perfect script for that will take ages, and it will still make mistakes because you cannot predict every case scenario. And use time. Updating mp3 tags for 2000 songs will take you AT LEAST a minute on a quad core.
>every torrent out there has different ... quality
>Not if you're not a retard.
I'm willing to bet that I name 4 different albums from my "collection"your go to private tracker will do not have them completely, or at least not formatted in same way. With useless extra shit bundled.

It's great for newcomers. After 3-6 months it's is populated and recommends same shit over and over (aside from new releases)

2BCool

do you realize said application has no privileges? If not spotify, that there would be your usual music player running in the background. Or torrent running in a background. Or both.

Holy fuck! You realize this is a board for technology enthusiasts? You're just an apathetic consumer. GTFO.

>writing a perfect script for that will take ages
Good thing you don't need to write it yourself you fucking dipshit.

>>every torrent out there has different ... quality
>>Not if you're not a retard.
>I'm willing to bet that I name 4 different albums from my "collection"your go to private tracker will do not have them completely, or at least not formatted in same way. With useless extra shit bundled.
Learn to read what you quoted, your reply is unrelated to it.

>Or both.

And both are FOSS, so that's not a problem, fa.m

does modded Spotify allow the highest quality music and downloading?

Nope. Both features are tied to your account so there's no going around it.

It does remove adds and other retarted thing like forcing shuffle on you.

>It does remove adds and other retarted thing
Nice English.

sounds good enough. I only pay $5 a month for mine so it's not too much of a hassle but I might try to skip a bit and see how the modded one holds up

Cause it lets me easily share and collaboratively create playlists with my friends, because switching between devices without interrupting playback works well.

Because I have an unlimited data plan, because I can't be arsed to fuck with torrents.
Because it lets me discover music easy as fuck, and the discover weekly playlist is actually pretty neat.
Because I have a vinyl collection and I couldn't give a fuck about the audio quality of my digital content as long as it is listenable and not obviously garbage to a normie.

My bad.

I never felt like I was missing any of the paid features that the modded APK doesn't fix, but I don't use it as a main player. Just for music discovery.

you're just another fag in programming socks, not a technology enthusiast. You do not have to be neckbeard autist in regards to every field. You can code while watching netflix. Or you can develop commercial grade software on a mac. I'm willing to bet that in reality you are much more fitting description of an apathetic consumer than me.

shall I automate me fucking your mom every other night as well? You've probably have a script hoarded for that occasion.

there are no true FOSS smartphones, so it's a moot point. I run mine without any google framework shit (which sometimes is penalizing) but they still have their greasy hands on your hardware. And IIRC there was an open source half baked player for spotify, which talked to their servers.
It's impossible to completely enjoy your tech using only FOSS solutions

Wew lad, nice arguments.

>Spotify
>Load it up
>Type song
>Press play done

>Click torrent site
>Make sure to check your ratio like a good cuck
>Type song you want to download
>Find the best quality and download it
>No flac release
>Sperg out in the comments
>10 minutes later after your tantrum is finished download 128kb/s release
>Plug your phone into the computer and transfer the music files
>Due to slow transfer rate wait another 3minutes
>Finally load up your autistic obscure music player of choice
>Type in the command line your command to play the music
>Finally get to listen to your song 1 hour later

No thanks cucks

>>Make sure to check your ratio like a good cuck
>>Find the best quality and download it
>>No flac release
>>Sperg out in the comments
minutes later after your tantrum is finished download 128kb/s release
>>Plug your phone into the computer and transfer the music files
>>Due to slow transfer rate wait another 3minutes
>>Type in the command line your command to play the music
>>Finally get to listen to your song 1 hour later
Not needed.

i can choose 320 in my apk. Downloading is unavailable tho.

can you link where you got it from?

ezblocker is one of the great pieces of software of our time desu

because you need to #bendtheknee

>Downloading FLAC instead of mp3
>Slow internet connection
>Manually copying to phone instead of just streaming them from your NAS.

How is it to live in a 3rd word country 10 years ago?

WEW
EWE
WEW

Or I could just save time space and money and pay $5 a month to Spotify rather than have a space heater in my home to listen to fucking music

essentially this

sorry no, it was a WHILE ago
7.1.0.966 beta modded apk

do you carry your nas with you?

>discover whatever you want
Yeah, about that...

>use youtube
If you treat music as pleasant background noise, sure. Not to mention that it offers 192 kbps MP3 at best. It's great for discovering music, but not much else.

>literally every artists is on Spotify
That's one of the main complaints.

>does modded Spotify allow the highest quality music and downloading?
>Nope. Both features are tied to your account so there's no going around it.
>It does remove adds and other retarted thing like forcing shuffle on you.
What's even the point?

the point is having access to all of Spotify for free and without forced shuffle

If you can't access "your" music without an Internet connection and a fast enough one at that, what's the point of making a modded app?

the point is having access to all of Spotify for free and without forced shuffle

>not hosting your own Ampache Server

Who cares about forced shuffle? Isn't actually downloading your music an important task for a modded app? What's stopping them from adding that option?

Not a lot of house music but I understand that.

>Who cares about forced shuffle
I do and apparently the mod maker
> Isn't actually downloading your music an important task for a modded app
not for me, I don't have much in the way of "my music", I like discovering new stuff
>What's stopping them from adding that option
I assume the premium features require a server side handshake unlike the ads which can be blocked locally

not enough people caring I guess?
I don't live in a 3rd word country and can stream music to my heart's content. If I couldn't I'd probably still use torrents, but the hassle of going through whole process really hampers broadening of your musical horizons.
It's probably really easy to rip from spotify, but noone cares.

>>>limited cpu cycles
kek

if you're multitasking at the moment, then yes, they are limited
as well as storage access and all kinds of other bandwith, battery charge, power usage, whatever

>broadening of your musical horizons
>limited exclusively to whatever spotify has available

Because you're too dumb for torrents.

Spotify has almost everything. I literally shared a hotel apartment with this guy during my vacation in Bulgaria and he's on there. I mean I suppose they don't have whatever india Japanese vaporwave shit Sup Forums likes but they exclusively like obscure shit so who cares

I feel like I listened to and became attached to entire albums more often when i used torrents. Now I just know a couple songs from whatever artist that I forget about in a couple weeks or months.

Lmao, keep listening to your top40 trash,

Where do you download music on 2017 anyway? Ru?

Bullshit. There's no obscure (italo) disco on spotify, electro is also severely lacking

He's right a lot of time they'll have like only one album or single from an artist. Still got to dig for music when you have time.