Why do all cyberpunk shows/movies suck...

Why do all cyberpunk shows/movies suck? Why do none of them focus on the proprietary botnets and corporotocracies that Sup Forums complain about? It it because the genre is for normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49vZhQlAEyk
my.mixtape.moe/kpzony.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/tgogfr.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=OSpsAauvEXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mr. Robot is literally that (mostly because it's plagiarising Fight Club every chance it gets)

Try SAO

ghost in the shell is fine. policenauts is also probably more along those lines you specified.

It's because most of the shows were made before cryptocurrencies were even worth talking about. Even normal animu like Zankyou no Terror, which is about two terrorists blowing p buildings, talks about using Tor and cryptocurrencies. Most cryptocurrencies including bitcoin only became popular in the last, what, two years? Five? Before that the stable of the cyberpunk genre was focused on high tech, low life. Putting it in Saiga Joji's words, "to defy an inhuman system and build a more human one". Sometimes cyberpunk isn't about the depth of the tech, but it's about the aesthetics

You suck

pic unrelated i assume.

Not OP obviously, but I think he's hinting it's a good anime

Season 1 was great, season 2 was basically fucking convoluted shit with no substance, trying to replicate season 1's formula but realizing they can't just rebrand shit like an iphone, so they stopped making it.

> Why do none of them focus on the proprietary botnets and corporotocracies that Sup Forums complain about?
You mean, why does no one but some boring twit (like the one who wrote ) make shows and movies about the USA today rather than the after-botnet-takeover or post-human times?

Gee, I wonder.

S2 was a result of Ubukata following Butcher's guidelines but failing because he's different kind of writer.
Standalone Ubukata is bretty good, see Fafner.

First it has nothing to do with /cyb/.
Second Mr.Robot is fucking Hollywood as fuck and only script kiddies on Sup Forums think it's real.

This.

New shows/films are shit, can't legitimately tell 1 good and only recall tron legacy talking against proprietary software.

But seriously, our day to day has already become cyberpunk and we no longer depend on Hollywood to imagine a cyberpunk world youtube.com/watch?v=49vZhQlAEyk

Why is there no a single cypherpunk movie to exist? I mean an actual cypherpunk, not yet another snowden documentary.

What about blade runner?

There's not a big enough demographic of people who will understand it

Watch the film :^)

Nobody understand computer security or hacking yet they keep chugging out cyberpunk films about rapidly scrolling text and fast typing commands.

Hackers were sensationalized on the 80s/90s that's why they are popular. Now the media covers the ass of the NSA/CIA/GCHQ and don't scare enough about their mass surveillance.
Give good material to trigger the imagination and they will cling to cypherpunk.

>blade runner is bad
Do everybody a favor and suicide yourself.

autism detected

Funny thing about the sensationalism regarding "hackers" around that time was that people saw statements like "13 year old hacked the pentagon" and assumed the kid was a fucking grand master wizard. The reality was usually that someone had forgot to change the default admin password on some netowkr so literally anyone could just log in with admin/password.

what a shit anime

It's all shit. Fags watch it.

Not a movie, but hey.
my.mixtape.moe/kpzony.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/tgogfr.mp3

You think that blade runner 2049 sequel will be any good. It's a sequel to a very well known and respected film, so they can fuck this up pretty easily.

Manga is better at things like Blame! and Akira than at classic cyberpunk.

a weeb friend told me to watch this because he said its "2deep4u" but its just pretentious shit until the end, all the main characters are boring and predictable, and the secondary are literally useless. The plot is bland and stereotypical, and the cheaply 3d animated gun doesnt make up for that
The only good thing about psycho pass is the opening theme

Blade Runner influenced cyberpunk, but I wouldn't call it cyberpunk.

This.
We now live in a world where every degenerate and their mother has a computer in their pocket, is huffing on electronic cigarettes, hooked on pills, watching news stories about your digital security/privacy, self driving cars and major corporations influencing politics. The only difference between some slice of life drama and cyberpunk as we knew it would be tossing the word "hacker" around a bunch and showing some Sup Forumstard sitting at his computer. It's just an out moded genre sadly.

They need to make a deus ex movie, has a better plot then most of those shitty animes and shows.

Good point. Kinda hoping that new cyberpunk movies comes out that take this into account.

youtube.com/watch?v=OSpsAauvEXU

Johnny Mnemonic is good, fuck off. Altered Carbon should be good as well.

Just started a rewatch of Psycho Pass. What am I in for?

Can't see any way producers would fund such a thing without turning it into holocaust propaganda

>rewatch
>What am I in for?

Wrong board.

fuck you I thought it was good. First season anyway. Though it is in no way '2deep4u', that's just some retarded ass shit to say

I don't deny it would be turned into garbage, look at the new deus ex games, they miss the point completely.