So I see you're running GNOME

So I see you're running GNOME

I'm more of a homosexual myself.

Epic win thread family!
I would like to be included in the picture of this epic win

nice

Didn't he use KDE himself? What a fucking joke.

>I use WDM because i'm 5

cinnamon is the best de honestly

Jesus that was such a contrived fucking scene

The way he talks about DE's is just completely incongruent with power users and was clearly meant to cater to techlets

Yes, I am.

He was teasing Elliot. Even on Sup Forums you have tens of Gnome vs KDE arguments daily

They were bullying us :(

why does KDE make me so angry >:o

Post wallpaper pleasa senpai

>Discord
>Chromium
kys

Gnome, GTK, and Red Hat are a fucking cancer on Linux.

ye

>everyone I don't like is cancer

Not ironically, this was the exact moment i stopped watching the show. The episode was cringy all over but this part just made me go "that's it, I'm done".

well done. It just gets worse.

fuck off

the most relevant thing you lost is an explicit gay anal sex in the next episode. The main character became more pussy and the story just got worse.

an executive running linux?

ok so not far from technologically illiterate, how awful is this show at representing tech? I quite enjoyed watching it but then again i don't know shit about computers lol

Mostly meme shit, like using protonmail instead of PGP, GPG, or even tutanota, which is both better and cheaper.

If your server encryption is good, you don't need to hide it in a mountain. That's just a waste of money.

>KDE is QT and has cute mascot and is great
>GNOME is GTK, has no cute mascot, and is shit

would you mind explaining the steel mountain thing? the premise was raising the temperature would melt the tape... was this just really old data on literal cassettes? as it was basically a giant data dump, wouln't they have had some digitized data as well that may not have been affected by the increase in temperature in the same manner?

Arch and anime:
Double the faggotry.

guten tag, is this the new desktop thread??

Someones new here, huh?

Far from it, silly weeaboo.

Yes, I am.

>not running icewm

Isn't it pronounced "guh-nome?"

more like
>Chromium
>Chromium

fpbp

>Tfw also have cheap old Intel CPU with no dedicated graphics

Feels poor man

>he doesn't build his own DE from scratch

What do you think of MATE, Sup Forumsuys?

>Full GTK3 support
Cool on my books. Easy, fast, not many bs effects.

my goto for chinkpadding, since i don't want to even get in tiling wm.
leave that to tmux on my terminal emulator.

this

Technically speaking, storing your data on tape is far superior as a redundancy backup. Tapes have a greater lifespan than hard drives and have no mechanical parts in themselves so they're fine. They also last decades, some claim to even last centuries (which could be bullshit). Now the temperature thingy is elliot was gonna hack the thermostat in the building to raise the temperature by installing a raspberry pi behind a thermostat. Obviously he wouldn't be able to burn the tapes like he did on a hot plate because literally everyone would die from heat stroke, but it'd get hot enough that the tape itself will distort the data and become useless. Tape likes room temperature. Whether this is even possible I question, but from my knowledge it's basically possible. Also steel mountain isn't actually a mountain it's a backup site made of, you guessed it, steel. Hence the name. The building is just so massive that it's almost like a mountain. Just remember: E-Corps is a massive world-wide conglomerate so their backups will be fucking massive. They even had like 6 fire trucks in their facility just in case.

Have a fox being tickled.

i stopped when the kde guy went to a gay club
some other guy was trying to rip some rap cd that was really malware
not sure when that was

>don't want to even get in tiling wm.
you don't have to, i3 tabbed is maximum comfy

Its actually pronounced G-NOME as in Genome.

isn't the g kinda silent

DWARF

I think you're overestimating tape.
Tape has been known to distort due to magnetic fields. Even earths relatively weak field fucks it up in the long run.
A decade maybe. a century? You might be able to dig up that something was on the tape. what? Well thats anybodies guess.

RedHat - yes, certainly.
GNOME - not really
GTK - could be better

Arch Linux isn't an appropriate distribution for a workstation, it's only for home use. For example Google's employees use Engoogled Ubuntu.

May be in your domestic opinion absolutely unrelated to the actual problems in production. Just three letters: KVM.

:( that's why installed linux on it

GNOME is finished and bankrupt

>first episode
>takes molly, fucks qtpi, has 6 pack, still finds time to cry in the corner

I only do one of those, how.

>lol gay sex scene dude lmao
Holy shit did you all actually miss the point of that scene completely? How the fuck do you people even breathe?

CEO guy was autistic, he planned and practiced all his social encounters in advance, hence his conversation being so stilted and awkward.

Too bad the writers only showed this after several episodes of him being indistinguishable from a bad actor with bad dialogue.

KDE was made for people who work.

you could do 3 of those when dark net markets were still up

yes and im also a racist nazi bigot white supremist Drumpf supporter

>Also steel mountain isn't actually a mountain it's a backup site made of, you guessed it, steel. Hence the name.
I always assumed steel mountain was a parody of sillicon valley.

What taskbar are you using to get it not totally shit on Gnome?

They may have intended for it to be pronounced like that, but that's just retarded so I won't. It's written as Gnome so I'll say it as Gnome.

dash to panel

>being this booty blasted

You wanna know how i know you're from 2010?

is this a tv-show on muh tech?enlgihten the newb

enlighten
>spare me the nazis

No one cares, stop being that insecure

a weaboo stuck in home, stuck with every fuckin problem in the world and trying to desperately live off as a software guy.
Let it be that way

wrong reply kms, was for Sup Forums

Yes, but it discusses other themes too. It's a critique of the consumerist culture that shackles US citizens in debt. The tech aspect is semi accurate but it's the best we've had IMO. Watch out for spoilers though.

So I see you are wearing a poor man's suit.

Just like every time you hear the word hack or hacker in movies, tv shows or in the news.
Nobody cares that it is all fake shit meant to mock people who know what is up.

gimp it up

Iron Mountain is the real life version, I have seen their trucks around where I live.

Now that Ubuntu died GNOME will rein supreme.

>that Lucio shirt
BLACKED

has this entered timeless Sup Forums meme territory

>a meme makes fun of you
>"i-it's shit"

Ubuntu is a distro you fag

What's the show called?

>VeraCrypt
>not LUKS

kys onii-chan :3

>using 4GB RAM
what the fuck

What do you need a GPU for?

>Now that Ubuntu died
You mean Unity?

You don't need a fancy GPU unless you're running graphics heavy games, even games from around 2005 still supported software mode.