/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY: In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>TODO:
- Nothing right now, it was decided that savannah wasn't needed and gitgud was good enough.

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/servo/html5ever
git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/pulls/2
youtube.com/watch?v=3UzVqZdK1tw).
nt-build-bot.rvx86.net:7421/job/netrunner-winnt-i686/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for make the menu look like Lynx

The state of netrunner

Dev in previous thread said that it was cleaned up, but hasn't been merged into master repo yet.

No that was referring just to this indentation clusterfuck.

The parser is going to stay shit because the whole design is just wrong.
They tried to do both lexing and parsing at the same time because apparently nobody has any idea how to write that kind of thing.

Nobody said it was going to be perfect the first time.

It doesn't need to be perfect. But I'd expect anyone who wants to write a parser to first learn something about formal language theory.
This is what incompetence looks like.

Are we there yet

If you know how to write a parser, please contribute to the project.

I heard this one is pretty good github.com/servo/html5ever

Whoever maintains the website, you should remove the old work plan since it's deprecated and the new work plan has been updated.

t. nodev

Patches welcome shitlord.

Sorry, I made a pull request.
git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/pulls/2

ur so smart

So the gitgud is the main repo and the teknik is the mirror or is it the other way around?

>Remove bad code from the parser
>There is no content yet.
:^)

In time my friend

That's the description, retard. He deleted the entire contents of the file.

So a bunch of brainlet code monkeys with no real jobs or experience are trying to build a browser? From scratch? Top fuckin kek good luck spergs

Okay, shill

>I can't stand nice things and people having a hobby
How sad.

>using moonman as the image.

In case people aren't aware, moonman is an actual honest to god neo-nazi symbol (youtube.com/watch?v=3UzVqZdK1tw). Not like Pepe, not a haha joke but actually exclusively paired with messages to smash non-white skulls.

It's just to keep SJWs and normalfags out

Bye chromeshill

see

There's a difference between using "'banned memes" (ie things not acceptable to SJWs and etc.) and an actual propaganda symbol for the Neo-nazi movement.

You're taking shit way too seriously.
Are you a minority by any change? Kek.

nobody gives a fuck

You do realize there does come a point where you're actually supporting and encouraging real life racism and hate crimes, right?

Like being offensive for offense sake and for the right to be offensive makes sense, but then saying "Yeah I like that guy who says 'nigger lives are worth less than fecal matter'"

It literally is a Sup Forums meme.
Please evaporate, newshit.

Actual real life racism is preferable to SJWs and corporate censorship. Eat a dick.

Yup, it's a minority.
The plan to keep SJWs out dosen't work on autistic Sup Forums SJWs sadly.

wut anime?

This is a technology board, not politics.
Please take your politics to Sup Forums.

>dae le edge xDDDD am i fitting in yet?

come on buddy, i am LE LIETERALLY """cringing""" over here

>being this mad

It's not an anime, some animated movie but I can't remember the name of it.

>You do realize there does come a point where you're actually supporting and encouraging real life racism and hate crimes, right?
As a CIS white male living in a white country, I say: piss off, couldn't care less.

Bringing back this from the other thread. One dev suggested keybinds the vim way, cool af, I wanted to remind it before going to bed because thread move too fast.

When did Sup Forums because cripplechan?

why are we still using cursor keys like we are using a terminal in the 70's?

Don't reserve Ctrl-A, I need it for GNU Screen

Remember.
Report and hide.

>Shills are trying to derail and shut down the thread by arguing about moonman

This, is no secret what kind of browser our Friend use

These are application level keybinds, not global. Ctrl-A won't mess with screen.

This

Remember, not topic posts:

Put a warning in the next OP

It's a 3D animated canadian-french movie called leap in the US and ballerina in the rest of the world. Something about an orphaned girl and wannabe inventor friend.

FF messes with my Ratpoison bindings so I suspected it was the same, are you sure I can still use Screen with NetRunner when in the framebuffer?

saved

Applications that draw directly on the framebuffer can't be used inside of screen or tmux or fbterm. You'll have to dedicate a separate TTY for the browser and one for your terminals.

I had other impression after using ranger under screen

I was able to successfully run elinks in tmux, it looked kinda funny, but I think I can fix it by adjusting config file.

That's fbterm using image support, not ranger using the framebuffer directly.

Where can I get more information on this? I mean keywords to put into google, sounds interesting

Some terminals like xterm, libvte/termite/gnome-terminal, urxvt, or certain framebuffer terminals support an extension for displaying static jpg/png/gif images instead of text in a set of cells. The most popular program for doing this is w3m.

vt340 has sixels, can only do 16 colors

This isn't sixels, it's at least 16 bit color.

Cool

Thanks

found the nigger

Early moonman was just a joke about an 80s mascot doing songs about race wars based on 90s hip-hop.

Reviewed what w3m is doing, it requires X. We have OGL for X. Netrunner isn't likely to prioritize a feature like this.

Stop impersonating odilitime

It crashes on WIndows.

that version is outdated, grab a native version from nt-build-bot.rvx86.net:7421/job/netrunner-winnt-i686/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip

Yes most browsers do after 5,000 tabs

Can you update the website with newer binaries and remove the old work plan, it's not in the OP anymore and doesn't need to be on the website anymore.

I don't update the website, and a link to the nightly builds is already posted....

I'll make new packages. Not likely to change the work plan.

How do I change the anime girl to something else? I tried replacing the pnm file, but that didn't do anything.

has to a P8 pnm (an "unofficial" type, but it's just RGBA instead of RGB (P6)) also I believe it has to be 1024x1024

And apparently it also keeps the people who can actually code out

You're proof of concept of why people are using it. You have no programming or constructive criticism to add to this project. People like you are why we use it. It sets up a red flag for everyone to see who the would be gate keepers would be in the project. People like you come in and start making everything a socio political non issue instead of focusing on the actual project at hand.

That being said, eat a dick and kill yourself.

>/ntr/
literally a cuck browser ahahaha

>supporting and encouraging real life racism and hate crimes
pixels arranged in a particular way is murder! we must make it stop!!!

> habrahabr.ru
Go home, Ivan

how hard is it to hack your own DIY browser?

1. Get a parser that works.
2. Get a lexer that works.
3. Get a website downloader that works.
4. Get a layout painter that works.
5. ???
6. The perfect browser!

>there does come a point where you're actually supporting and encouraging real life racism and hate crimes, right?
Yes, and that point came a long time ago for me and had nothing to do with a browser logo.

Your point?

This is retarded any all know it

You're assuming a lot there friend, I'm not him but I'm not contributing to some Sup Forums browser, I will enjoy watching it fall apart over the next few months as you idiots who have no idea what you're doing make no substantial progress

I've made my own browser that uses the WebKit engine. Its better than this netrunner shite

>webkit
LOL

What would you use instead?

[spoiler]Blink[/spoiler]

>Sup Forums makes a ...

gecko

I really like the features, can't wait to see a release of this!

Will this look like 90s Netscape?

Not out of the box, but I'm sure someone will make a UI of netscape 4 or whatever since the UI is supposed to be customizable and easy to make.

Should we use Rust for this?

It's not going to use rust

>the UI is supposed to be customizable and easy to make
Sounds fabulous.

funny, the last thing Sup Forums( did was to, which still a good project, while development may be slow its still ongoing.

how about you stfu and go back to your desktop threads

fucking pleb

*tox

It's either someone who can't contribute and is mad or a shill trying to stop this project. Does Sup Forums even know about this browser project?

Ayo this is pretty cool. I work with C++ daily but don't know shit about browsers or anything like that. Can I join in?