I'm very tired

>Decide it's time for a clean OS installation
>Spend a couple of days figuring how to remove spybloat from Windows 10 and learn about LTSB
>Discover that LTSB won't get any feature updates until 2019
>Concludes on making a custom ISO with all the crap removed with MSMG
>New update arrives and TAKES A SHIT EVERYWHERE REINSTALLING ALL CRAPWARE GALORE
>Red-pilled about Windows 10 and finally confidant of my conclusion to switch to Linux
>Trying to decide on a distro (I thought that shit would be easy, that there would be some gold standard distro)
>After some research I made my mind to use Debian (stable) since it seemed to be a serious OS and all the others are memes
>Learn about systemd and how it was compromised
> SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Decide to become Amish

FFS I CAN'T FUCKING DO THIS ANYMORE!!!
I NEED A GOOD STABLE SERIOUS DISTRO!
WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
>inb4 install gentoo

What you do is use Windows 8.1 and not give two single fucks.

Quite honestly, just get ubuntu gnome.

>systemd
did you even read the op

Stop giving a single fuck about systemd. Only muh-freedom faggots are complaining about its complexity. Just go with anything that werks for you. I'm using Mint and I feel good about it

linux mint
you can't go wrong:
> install and forget
> install and use
> install and get on with your life

I'm going to be controversial and say that you don't matter enough that you would need to get away from systemd or even plain Windows 10.

Use what is convenient for you and gets the work done.

this

OpenBSD is your answer
And no it's not backdoored as well. They literally funded an imdependent security audit to prove otherwise

Deuvan is Debian without the systemd idiocy. Torvalds is tired of systemd so hopefully it is going away soon.

Why do you losers have to make everything convoluted. Encrypt your disks, use a VPN and be done with it.

I would disagree, Windows 10 collects data on everyone that uses it.
They use it for Brainwash-Advertising and are probably feeding it to the NSA/Pentagon or something. So, that if you ever do something they don't want.
They can find and neutralize you.

>muh austistic screeching about systemd

Nigger get serious, you've been using linux for 1 day and you're already acting like a fucking faggot.

mint is high-tier, bit too bloated for my tastes, kubuntu is juuuuust right, maximum comfiness

Slackware. It's the oldest distro maintained (which proves that it's serious (whatever it means)) and it has no systemd botnet.

I have similar problem that i want usable stable Distro but whenever i try something new i just go back to Slackware because it's fucking stupid shit.

Lately tried openSUSE, and it lagged my computer so much that even changing tab in Control Panel something made me wait 30s or more.

Next time i tried Fedora, it works fast enough, but its Selinux or something like that spammed msgs all time that some "error occurred and info is logged" every fucking 3 secs. How come that fresh install is bugged? No tweaking, just fresh install. And its bootloader detected my other systems but these entries were not working, i needed to manually change them to work properly.

I just wanted x64_86 distro for learning docker and stuff, but these new distros are making me puke. Is there any normal Distro that is not modified beyond reason and is not Gentoo?

I want vanilla Linux, not modified shit with systemd and other fad things attached. It's not that i hate systemd because it's evil or something like that. I use Linux since 2.6 (it was Debian) and sysvinit is good for me and everything works like it should.

What the fuck is wrong with systemd? Its free software.

It does something which is natively easy (with sysvinit) the hard way.

Or you just could get a Mac and get the only good desktop OS available nowadays.

>he needs feature updates
Stopped reading there.

>New update arrives and TAKES A SHIT EVERYWHERE REINSTALLING ALL CRAPWARE GALORE
>not doing security updates manually only
>not using LTSB like he first planned
this is too much, kek

>Learn about systemd and how it was compromised
What do you mean by compromised? People yell about systemd because it's developed by redhat (which is tied TOO closely to the US government) and that it's developed so fast that it's hard to audit the code. I haven't heard of any backdoors or any other way systemd was compromised.

Windows 7

Get a Mac

srs tho, slackware is great. It's just not hip enough for most linux cucks on Sup Forums.

No joke just get Linux Mint with Cinnamon, the latest release is based of Ubuntu LTS (this is a good thing) and its very Debian-like, I personally use Mint as my daily OS and Debian (without systemd) as my server OS. Its nice to have the Debian feel without having to deal with outdated packages.

>systemd
Just because some people on the internet shit on systemd, doesn't mean it's been "compromised".

Most of the people complaining about it don't know why it's bad and just repeat what other people say.

The most solid argument i've head on why systemd is bad is "well, it was developed by the guy i don't like... and there are better implementations out there, i guess... don't know much about them but well... people say it's bad!!! REEEEEE"

Tried void yet?

Install Windows 7, it is the best OS you can get atm

>performance same or better than W10
>no ads
>no bloatware / preinstalled apps
>no apps at all
>preinstalled apps like photos and calculator and groove are slow compared to W7 default programs
>more privacy
>more control over your OS in general and much more control over updates
>1 control panel that gets the job done

get W7 and u dont have to worry about it anymore

This for fucks sake
Systemd is bad
Its not fatal
Its miles better than windows
Just deal with it until you learn how to into linux well enough to install gentoo or source mage, you wont even notice its issues

systemd breaks the modularity concept of unix and replaces it with shit on a stick.

systemd must die.

Systemd is not (only) a init system. Of course it does much more than sysvinit does.

For the most part, I like systemd. There's one thing that annoys me though, and it's fairly high on the annoyance scale. Updates to systemd are relatively major and somewhat frequent causing surprise changes in behavior at boot. It can be legitimately scary sometimes. I sometimes feel like systemd has no direct focus on where it's going and that it's sort of being made up as it goes along.

Arch OpenRC. Any other post is retarded.

Sysvinit is still supported on debian...
And I'm pretty sure opened works fine too

openrc*

Devuan

Void GNU/Linux OP. It does require a bit of GNU/Linux experience but it doesn't use systemd. If you are a total noob then honestly you should probably start with Ubuntu, as even though it has the systemd cancer a noob probably won't be touching any of its commands.

Manjaro

>agreeing unironically with a mint user.
Wew
>Compromised init is non fatal.
oh. Youre retarded.
ITT: shills shill.

OP, if youre srs, bite the bullet and install gentoo. Jesus christ you babbies cant install a fucking linux distro?

Calling it compromised is just misinformed but that doesn't make systemd good. The problem with systemd is that it doesn't even intend to just be an init system, the systemd team wants systemd to be the "plumbing" for all GNU/Linux systems, they want any program doing low level things to use their APIs, just look at how GNOME now depends on systemd. Also all the *kit programs now depend on systemd (except in systemd free distros) so basic functionality like shutting down your computer via the xfce GUI doesn't work if you try removing systemd from most distros. The systemd team keeps adding all this stuff that we already had ways of doing to systemd and getting more and more programs to depend on it for no apparent reason (udev doesn't even need systemd to run but it's been absorbed into it anyway) and all this shit is running in PID 1 meaning that whenever systemd adds another stupid feature you need to reboot your system to update and if systemd crashes (remember that tweet with a command any user could run to crash systemd?) it brings down the whole system.

>More privacy
Keep telling yourself that buddy

While it is true that you can install openrc or sysvinit on Arch or Debian and use those as init instead, you will still need systemd installed if you want any desktop environment to be able to shut down your computer, as they use polkit which for some reason has systemd as a dependency even though it works without it (as seen in void, devuan, and gentoo).

ITT

>And no it's not backdoored as well. They literally funded an imdependent security audit to prove otherwise
But what if the independent security audit was backdoored, too?

void linux - get the xfce flovor iso, install forget.

>haven't even successfully installed the chosen distro
>wailing about the systemd meme

unplug your computer and go outside, there, no more worrying about init systems and tech vulnerabilities.

Operating systems are a sack of semen stained bull testicles. You're basically selling your first born child to Bush's secret Hitler youth program by using a god damn computer. There's no way to get away from the government's spying.
I wake up, have a raw steak and a glass of red wine for breakfast every day and then go vomit blood on my collection of used thinkpads. It's ok though, these fuckers are invincible. After i'm done smearing bloody vomit on some cheap knockoff business computers I go volunteer at my church and teach people about free software. 8::::::::::::::::::::D~
The nsa puts listening devices in our dogs.