Can Sup Forums recommend a good modem/router?

can Sup Forums recommend a good modem/router?

What are the pros and cons of having a two in one versus two separate units?

I'm really only looking for reliability and range.The house that I'm moving in isn't very big,only 1700 sq ft altogether.

Pic unrelated

Haven't had any problems with my Netgear N600 combo.

Sup Forums will probably want you to buy something much more expensive.

Asus - Seperate so you can install Merlin fw

that pizza looks fucking delicious

looking comfy lad

lol fat boy

The Sup Forums answer is some Arris cable modem + pfSense + AP (Ubiquiti, Ruckus, etc.).

If you're looking for something simple a modem and an Asus RT-N66U with Tomato served me well for years.

>Arris
I never understood why they couldn't keep the Motorola name on it. But it's still a good product.

>turns 360 and walks away

Thank you lads

I guess my next question is,I'm sure that whatever I get, it SHOULD be good for a few years,granted I don't have a defective product.Will a DOCSIS 3.0 modem give me okay speeds should a 1gb connection ever become available in my area?

Probably gonna go to my local deep dish place and get one later,I'll make sure to eat some for you user

UwU

Do you know the difference between a mode & a router?

two different functions as far as I know.

A modem is for a single direct connection to a device.

While a router takes the signal and provides additional connections to the modem.

I'm not the most familiar with online networks,which is why I came to ask Sup Forums. I really just want a solid connection for myself,my roommate,and all of our friends when they come over.I'm not really interested in paying a rental fee for my ISP's basic modem when they charge for troubleshooting and repair/replacement calls that don't involve the physical cable connection itself.

>>turns 360 and walks away.

how did you manage that lad?

How much of a router do I need to properly handle gaming, video streaming, a couple wireless devices, and the occasional torrent? Do more expensive routers provide any benefit to things like latency? Or is the extra cost of more expensive routers mainly due to stuff like USB and wifi functionality (it seems like all the really expensive routers just have more antennas)? How much router does one man really need to be satisfied?

Ahhh poor newfag.

Just make a pfSense box with Intel Gbit NICs

>modem/router
That's called a gateway senpai

memeposting is not an excuse for mistyping and yet somehow feel superior for that. that was the 90s way

but sempai wont that be difficult?

>cheese pizza
reported
called the cops
called the fbi
called Chris Hansen
we're having a pizza party

It's 100% not a mistype, user, come on.

Meh it's pretty easy as long as you know a little bit about networking to setup a basic pfSense box. If you don't trust yourself I'm pretty sure Netgate sells a little ARM computer with pfSense out of the box.

The mistype is the meme, newfag

I just acknowledged it's a meme... Are you dyslexic or just plain retarded?

Where do you think you are :^)

i think that you are subhuman shit head that really don't deserve any acknowledgement and I do feel sorry for you shitting on any parade you can find is the only remaining means of your effective communications with the world, even if it just compressed down to an anonymous image board on your phone.

It didn't have to end up like that, but you chose the world of misery for you and all around you.
Feel sorry for your existence and eliminate your ways (or just knock yourself out by hitting a corner of your table with your temple really hard, you stupid dumbass)

Daily reminder that pulsed fields at microwave frequencies, eg "wi-fi", cause brain damage, infertility, immune dysfunction, and potentiate cancer. Do not get a wireless router if you at all value your working memory, dendritic arborization, spatial memory, or overall mental health.

U ned 2 kool of nufrend

>dude, literally just turn off your brain
just like you did years ago

no need to be angry pal

dude, i'm completely chill - you are projecting out of your anus and look like a retard right now.

Don't care for routers. I do wan't a pizza now though :P

Lol

very thoughtful of you, Fred... Now be dear, try to pretend you're not from elementary school and spell a full sentence next time

ooh sorry about that.
it's all kicked off now

Get a load of this guy.