Too broke for college

Yo Sup Forums i need advice on how to become a programmer
If i learn by myself can i become good enough to get a high paying job?

Other urls found in this thread:

fib.upc.edu/en/studies/bachelors-degrees/bachelor-degree-informatics-engineering/curriculum/syllabus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just go to trade school you nigger

Leave your shithole and go where people have human rights and education is mostly free.

I cant i live in greece and its a little more complicated to get in a free school

>high paying job
>learn by myself

lel, you need an MSc to get above code monkey tier

Too bad you're American

PAY DENBTS

I live in greece and what is MSc?

What about online universities?

>Too broke for college
That's a great thing, it means you have extra time to actually write code.
I wish I never went to college, just wasted my time there

Online "Universities" are nothing more than a scam, equivalent to Trump University. No employers are taking a BA from these online colleges right now.

High paying is literally relative,you should be grateful to get anything over 45K without a college degree

IMO try to focus on 1 language, focus on hammering out algorithms for about a year, then build mobile apps and other projects, create a resume, and then apply to places

Good fucking luck on the job search though, alot of HR people will turn you down purely on lack of experience, let alone on no college degree. If you live near a major city some of those have coding meetups and startup incubators you can intern at.

But you got the little piece of paper that makes employers actually take you seriously, so really you didn't waste your time, dumb jew.

no i haven't plz tell me more
What are the cheap options and how can i start?

If it's not an accredited institution don't waste your money or time. You are going to be thoroughly disappointed.

By, yourself, as in only practicing you will be a decent programer for basic jobs. To get a hight paying job you really should go to UNI, of not possible at least read the books (and do the exersices) recomended in each subject of the curse. Most of these can be found in .pdf through google, or you can also try at the library.

Anywhere but America?

great advice user thank you very much and i will be happy 30k a year because of low cost of life

>buy programming books
>read them
>???
>profit

This is from my UNI, just select a subject and go to biography: fib.upc.edu/en/studies/bachelors-degrees/bachelor-degree-informatics-engineering/curriculum/syllabus

If you have to pay more than 400€ for a year, you're getting ripped off.

at least 40k annual in 2 years learning js\go I guess
If you're not retarded and can spend all the time with it

You're not too poor for college. You're just too dumb. Anyone can get a full ride scholarship.

you are probably being ironic, but I'm gonna respond for OP
that little piece of paper means nothing, especially in CS, CE, SE and similar shit, and the things you learn in first year of college are already deprecated
the only thing that matters is previous working experience and the knowledge you show on interview and test they give you
also, recommendations and connections. being active in community and going to meetups and conferences really helps

is getting a masters in computer science worth it?

Good luck getting a 200k starting job doing jack shit at Snapchat without that piece of paper.

> things you learn in first year of college are already deprecated
This is bullshit. My first year was math (logic), physics (electricty), computer architecture (asm) and programming (c++). None is deprecated today. In fact I've not being given a single subject with deprecated content, and in most cases the core of the subject in not somethig that can become ever obsolete.

>Too broke for college
France doesn't have this problem

Can you?

Yes.

But it can be more of a struggle and you will NEED a good portfolio of apps/games/websies/whatever that you have SHIPPED.

If you are going against people with a piece of paper, you gotta stand out.

>200 k starting job
>working for snapchat
lol

yes. but it takes discipline which most people lack

>not getting student aid
>not getting scholarships
lel

France does have "any university other than the dozen or so extremely selective 'grandes ecoles' being absolute shit, like not even the worst community college in the U.S. is this bad" problem though.

depends on the college, yours is probably more EE oriented (and probably a lot better than mine). hell, i had qbasic on my first year
also, depends on what you want to be. if you want to be a webdev and write js for the rest of your life, then there is no point in going to college
in my opinion, most people that go to college still don't know what they want to do with their life. education is too broad, too many unnecessary classes, and the one that are interesting and useful are too basic. so if you know what you want to do with your life it's better not going to college

>2017
>People still think ,that they can program without knowledge in math

OP if you want to program real thinks, you have no other choice as visit college.
In Web dev you have maye a chance.

thanks to people like you being 90% of the market, my chances are higher

why is that?

just an assumption based on your race and IQ

i am the op and i am greek with 130 iq

Fuck you. Stay in quarantine. We don't want the greek infection to spread.

wow. you probably got 100% on that free online IQ test

it wasnt online and that was the results what can i tell you

at least i am not a jew or a nigger

μεταπτιχιαkο

They can program, most pajeets are like that after all.
They can't do any real CS work however.

>130 iq
lmao, kys

Greek unis are free you dumb fuck.
So are the unis of multiple other counties in the EU.

>especially in CS, CE, SE
Those are all heavily math-oriented (unless your uni is shit).

Does math somehow get deprecated?

I have a rather babby-tier job but have to rely on the math I was taught every single day.

This entire post sounds like a post fabrication to justify you not having gone to college.

Having a tech interest should be motivation enough to get an engineering degree, given that they're pretty much required to get any jobs worth having.

Yes, but he has his point. Front end WebDevs don't need to know ASM, or math, or algorithms, or pretty much anything you learn is collage. Hell, fron end devs (with exception to the ones that do actual logic on the frontend) cannot be considered engineers.

What is CE and SE short for?

speaking from my own experience. i'm done with college and i wish i never went.
it was just a waste of time, especially last 2 years, when i was already working fulltime while having a dozen sidejobs (and had to cancel some of those so i could write pointless papers)
my point is college is not for everyone, especially if you are going to be webdev
people still think diplomas are guaranteed job, but that was 20 years ago. now every fool has a degree. technology is evolving too fast and job market is offering us jobs colleges are not preparing us for. the curriculum used is at least 10 years old
also, college is not the only place to learn math and algorithms. and if you are looking for a good job, that quick sort you learned at college will make no difference

I agree, webdevs should skip collage. Specially if they plan to use templates. If you want to do anything else related to software or hardware, then you should go.

>that quick sort you learned at college will make no difference
Quick sort takes 20 seconds to look up on Wikipedia.

The math, physics and computer science subjects (!= programming) you were taught at uni does not. Without a degree you'll be weeded out and not even get a job interview for any sort of engineering position.

Your "college experience" was not that of an engineering degree, we can all tell that much.

Does your perfomance at UNI matter, or just having a degree is enough?

Just get a shit job like everyone else and attend night school.

Just having one.

post git repo and linkedin

Bump

Employers want experience and/or credentials. So unless you know the right person, you should probably work on those credentials.

It's just a piece of paper, but it can help you open doors more easily. I don't have a degree and work as a software developer, but I wouldn't recommend the same path for people who are still young.