/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3BOxUZ8Zl7A
sweep-hand.org/the-x8-cosmotron/
creationwatches.com/products/casio-g-shock-57/casio-g-shock-dw-6900ms-1d-dw-6900ms-1-mens-watch-2947.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tH2J2_XkDaY&t=220s
youtube.com/watch?v=3QAHK1Uy9ao
massdrop.com/buy/seiko-snzh-watch?1=1&utm_placement=2&referer=B5X5FW&mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Automated Daily Promotional 2017-08-27&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily Promotional&utm_content=1503831854233.714059763914959950777160
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for gravity-operated day/date quickset

Whats the best luxury watch for a newbie?
My price is 700-100 euro.
My current collection isn't any thing great.
I own a Casio f91w, Casio AQ-230A, Braun BN0032 and a orient although I'm not sure what type.

sarb033 or hamilton khaki

Shit, I meant 1000.
My first choice was gonna be a omega seamaster.
Just wanted some input.

Kill yourself my man

*wink*

Not knowing the superior irish viper.
youtube.com/watch?v=3BOxUZ8Zl7A

how????????????????????????

sweephand has a good writeup of the cosmotron series.
sweep-hand.org/the-x8-cosmotron/

What the heck?

>Cosmotron

What an inappropriate name

Yeah but it's the 60s/70s so every watch that has a battery in it needs to have a "tron"somewhere in the name to make it sound like it's a piece of tech from Star Trek. Accutron, Astron, Cosmotron, Computron, etc.
Also I guess it could be named after the equally pop-sci named particle accelerator from the 50s.

or "onic". Speedsonic, tissonic, hisonic, ...

Special prize for Ultronic with both.

Got a very nice gray perlon for this and now it's more balanced for casual wear

very nice collection

let's see the perlon

finally someone does the OP right

that's a weird perlon

Reminder that at $300 Seiko offers a better model than a $2000 Omega.

here you go

>2-piece perlon

Well, it's better than canvas.

not bad, nice

>two piece perlon strap
Why

Thoughts?

creationwatches.com/products/casio-g-shock-57/casio-g-shock-dw-6900ms-1d-dw-6900ms-1-mens-watch-2947.html

I definitely don't want to hide the detailed case back with a 1 piece perlon, just a personal preference for now

What do you think?

bait/10

> No Gucci watch

got me

Are these Armani and Michael kors mechanical at least?

Hell no, they're all made by Fossil.

There's no fucking way this is right.

You aren't the only one lad.

Why not?

My two regulated ones did +8 and -5 secs per day and the non regulated does 12+ per day.

>luxury watch
>700-1000
Save up more kiddo.

Yea man get on my slavshit level.

>so fat -86spd is the best I've had.

>watch with most horoligical value in the collection is a Casio G-Shock.

Russian watch very good. Run faster. Faster means is better.

This is true. Faster watch moves makes time in gulag seem shorter ))))))

So, I wanted a high quality dressy watch (already have a Poljot DeLuxe), was thinking about an Omega Deville (vintage) and almost saved up the money for it.

Then this shows up, and I'm a sucker for guilloche and patterned dials in general.

What do?

And the back.

kek

Should I get an alligator or calf skin hirsch strap if I'm putting it on a dressy watch that I would like to wear with both formal and casual attire?

Find someone willing to sell you their imperial

I never liked alligator for dress watches, I prefer lizard skin both in texture, bulk (lack of), and pliability. They're slim, soft and look classy, especially with the shiny treatment.

Anyway, alligator is more versatile. And it's fine with casual wear too, most fashion and mall watches, even sporty ones, are on (fake) alligator so it's not like you'd stick out if you wear jeans and an alligator strap.

That said, calf is far more comfy and soft, but also boring. It'd look great on a Bauhaus or other minimal watch though.

nice watch but fuck it's tight on your pork wrist

Tested a braceket on my orient, its a bit narrow but all ive found from my collection that fits and doesnt look bad
I believe its an 18mm band whwn this orient uses 20mm(could be wrong), it came with my purchase og a vintage watch itf have looked better on, but the lug width on that is 16mm

thanks for the information. this is what I will be wearing it on. it's not considered minimal is it?

don't do that
just get the correct sized bracelet

Been searching for a waffle-seiko for ages. How many of these were even made? (5856-800x).

It waa more to see how itd look with a netal bracelet than THIS metal bracelet

Tfw cant trash skagen shit watch bc gift from gf

What's so bad about ultra high frequency quartz movements (UHF) in current Bulova models?
The smooth second sweep is nice, too bad the designs are ugly and bulky dinnerplates though.

Not like your other watches are better lmao.

I mean atkeast theyre from legit horological companies, tissot, seiko, orient, hamilton
Exception is the gshock but that has legit uses
If you dont pull the crown during storage it burns through batters v. Fast

>Japanese date wheels
do you live in Japan?

No, but he definitely jerks to Jap cartoons of underage girls.

>Archie wants to sell his Patek World Time for 25k and apply for another 25k loan
>He wants to buy a fucking early 2000s Maserati
>He doesn't even know these "luxury" cars sell for so cheap because they are literally crap, bad performance and reliability.
>He is still unemployed

Who is he trying to impress? lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=tH2J2_XkDaY&t=220s

Explanation why old Maseratis suck so much

youtube.com/watch?v=3QAHK1Uy9ao

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Should I?

>people still think this is cheeky in 2017

what 2000 dollar omega even is there?

2 big omega will look a hundred times classier

Archie went from being sort of funny and making watch videos to full fucking retard in not that long.

maseratis look and sound like shit. no wonder posers love them so much

>borrowing 25k to buy a money-pit
>not paying someone $200 to snip those fucking boils off the side of his head

Get an omega, then put a red face in an orient bambino and copy that design

the irony is that Maseratis are the shitters of the sports car industry

what do you guys think of this?

great movement, super quality case

Dial is not so good, just mod it with a different dial and it's honestly an amazing watch for the price

>the price
you mean $300 right?

I bought mine for under $200, brand new from Amazon. Spend $30-$60 on a dial, if you do it yourself save another $20 on having some gypsy jeweler put the dial on. Great watch for the price, yes.

should i go for it?

I'm not a fan of divers, but Seiko 5s are fantastic watches given their low price.

*oink* thanks

yes, and please link that is a great deal

>I'm not a fan of divers

massdrop.com/buy/seiko-snzh-watch?1=1&utm_placement=2&referer=B5X5FW&mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Automated Daily Promotional 2017-08-27&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily Promotional&utm_content=1503831854233.714059763914959950777160

i think i'll try to get this

Hey Sup Forums, looking to buy a used high-end mid tier watch OR an entry-level luxury watch on Ebay. My budget is $400-$500. No quartz shit, stainless steel band, nothing too big in size as my wrists are fairly small.

Would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

>high-end mid tier watch OR an entry-level luxury watch on Ebay.
>My budget is $400-$500.
My friend, I have the perfect watch for you. Steinhart.

Lol good luck

hey, can anyone help? ive got this old seiko 5 and im not sure how to link the bracelet. the bigger hook kind of thing doesn't go into the spring bar. what's wrong?

seiko 5

just buy a fucking seiko skx, get a nice dial/hands/bezel aftermarket, and a shapphire crystal

Remove the springbar in the clasp top and put it in the hole in the other half of the bracelet, then put it back in.

i think i did it backwards. it's not coming out. what do?

never mind, got it. it's real hard to get those out, i think they're too small or something. anyways, i ended up doing what you told me to do, so thanks.

nice bracelet, they were shit even before swatch

Wow, now I don't know whether to buy this or the sarb033, I know the sarb has a better movement and lume but this looks equally as nice in my opinion.
..do you think I can wear this watch casually with jeans and a t shirt, I'm never really in that many formal situations and I am worried about it looking odd

Looks comfy.

After being able to see both this and the black SARB035 in person i can guarantee that the SARB is the better option.

The quality of the finish is much better, and the only reason not to get the SARB is if you want a white dial and the cream dial is off putting.

Get the SARB if you want a smaller watch.

I think you/re missing one of these