Is 4k a meme?

Is 4k a meme?

Most cheap 4k monitors are 27". Who the fuck sits at more than 1.2m from his screen?

Wrong image, weird.

No, it's the next standard

I sure as fuck don't. I sit at most 2 feet away, usually closer to 1.5 feet. Shit looks great.

i've been on 4k for a couple of years now, the only thing that pisses me off is i like a bit of vidya and having to buy the top end graphics cards is annoying

Why not just get a 1080p/1440p monitor as a secondary? That's what I've done.

It will be, but there isn't enough media in 4k. And most older (ie better) movies and programs will never get a true 4k uhd. But there will be plenty of capeshit, so I guess there's that.

For smaller screen a.k.a computer monitors it isn't useful for media consumption but for real work it does help.

4K only makes sense for media consumption on larger screens.

I've already got a pair of 4k screens, and at 27" each it's already pushing desk space as it is

still considering getting a 1440p monitor just for vidya though

I bought a 4k monitor last year. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me a lot since then. The first thing you notice is how great text looks.

On TVs. Not on monitors.

>most new shows are now recorded in 4k
>nearly all big games support 4k or even 8k
>movies are starting to get 4k dvd releases in HEVC so it's the same file size as a normal 1080p movie
Literally no reason to not get it unless you're poor.

Ultra-legible text is worth it. Especially if you use Windows. Its text rendering isn't so bad when you throw that many pixels at it.

how about windows just fixes its shit instead of people buying a meme-monitor

As you can see in the pic, large 4k screens are worth it, small ones are not.

40" is the optimal size

On computer could use 8K,10K and 16K in 21:9, people sit around 2 feet monitor.

In TV 4K over 40" and 8K over 65".

>Making every 3D application 4x harder to run and having half of your applications not scale properly just so some letters on your screen are slightly smoother

I want to buy a 43 inch 4k tv and i'm around 4 to 5 feet from it away. Shouldn't I buy one?

Nevermind I'm retarded it's 16 feet, fucking imperial units

High resolution pictures and audio are noticeably better. All of the study showing otherwise were looking at synthetic pictures and sounds.

Nah you should look at larger sizes.

Regardless of that chart, newer TV's are all 4K.

The images is supposed to be for TV's

I use a 43" 4k tv as a monitor. It's similar to using a 2x2 array of smaller monitors.

It's really good for programming, but a little too big for gaming.

I use a 43" 4k LG monitor, ZERO REGRETS. Loads of space, no bezels.

I recently purchase a 55'' LG OLED B7 for use as a monitor, I'm going to mount it on the wall and scooch my desk back a foot or two from the wall with a couch behind so I can use it as a tv too

good idea or is that a dumb idea?? I bought OLED for picture quality + low response times + 4:4:4 chroma

>he dosen't have hawk eyes

was it this model?
43UD79-B

>upgraded my 24" 1080p 60hz to a 24" 1440p 144hz
>literally can't tell the difference in 90% of games, gpu can't run the games either anymore

I got trolled lads. It's a fucking TN panel too. I'm returning and buying a 1080p IPS

Must be nice being rich.

Yep. Only problem is that you see shadows on the edges if you sit too close.

Really? I hear so many people say 60hz and 144hz is like night and day. Granted this is always coming from people who have 144hz monitors. Is 144hz a meme?

Don't forget to test for bleeding.

I dunno if I made the right decision tho, 55 might be too damn big

Did you try ULMB?

I think 55 is way too big for a monitor IMO. You're gonna have to sit back from it quite far.

I have a 60" TV and can definitely see an appreciable difference at 3m away. Maybe you're just blind.