Anyone got a raspberry pi set up as an old school emulator? Can they handle ps1 games?

Anyone got a raspberry pi set up as an old school emulator? Can they handle ps1 games?

>>>/google/

yes, everything up to PS1 works great
N64 and Saturn are dogshit though

my brother got morrowind working on raspberry

either or >>>/kys/

Not even my desktop can handle Saturn emulation properly.

I know your grandpa told you schools in his times were much better, but do you really need to emulate an old school? go to a normal modern school you silly fucktard

Proofs

probably openMW

raspbian jessie, exagear desktop manager software, play on linux, xterminal and some libraries

Surprised by this, I thought N64 was one of the better emulated platforms. I was playing N64 games on my pc perfectly in 2008.

>I thought N64 was one of the better emulated platforms
N64 is one of the worst emulated platforms.

No one knows exactly how the N64 worked, still, to this day, so all the emulators are still just guesswork and hackjobs for every single game.

The main/most popular games work fine, even perfectly, but anything outside that small group runs badly, has massive bugs and glitches or don't run at all.

Most 8 and 16 bit consoles can be emulated on any Pi but for the newer ones you'll need a Pi2 or 3. They can handle PS1 games without any issues, N64 is a pain in the ass, though...

>RPi
>Can handle PS1 games
Stupid piece of shit can't even handle SNES games for christsakes

What's the difference?

Nothing

just install retropie , a Pi3 shud handle n64/ps1 afaik

basically a joke to suggest the pi can do anything. my i5 NUC struggles to do n64 emulation at 1080p. the pi can't do it at all unless you like 5 FPS.

My Snapdragon 820 handles n64
emulation at 60fps and PSP emulation at 30+ fps.

If your i5 struggles then PEBKAC

>this nigga can't emulate N64 on an i5

I can emulate n64 oh a i3, get your shit together.

Wtf? i emulated n64 on an intel celeron 1ghz back in the days. lol look these childs

you can emulate N64 on a pentium 4...the absolute state of Sup Forums

Maybe you are running the emulation of the n64 on a emulated i3 that is emulating a i7.

PS1 emulation is lighter than GBA emulation, depending on what level of abstraction.

No one knows exactly how the N64's processor works

After all this time? Why?

Hey, at least we have (mostly) working n64 emulators.
Good luck running Xbox exclusives on your PC now.

Pi 3 does PS1 emulation amazingly well. In fact many titles can even be played at double resolution

N64 runs like shit. On the Pi 3, on ARM, just in general.
Some games work alright, Banjo Kazooie for example, but a ton of the run badly or not at all

If you have the space, an equivalently priced used laptop will work a lot better. The powerdraw might be a bit more but you'll get built-in storage as well as a built-in server monitor since it's a laptop.

MIPS was apparently very poorly documented or something. Same reason why PS2 emulation isn't up to snuff.

A Wii is better though.

all of the N64 emulators are C interpreters, they don't actually emulate the CPU