I have -4months to get over 24.4WPM

I have -4months to get over 24.4WPM
Am I boned?

Other urls found in this thread:

how-to-type.com/touch-typing-lessons/how-to-type-home-keys/
keyhero.com/free-typing-test/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>9.17 WPM
user, do you have some sort of motor dysfunction? Or are you searching and pecking?

Like, here's my results while laying down using a shitty island-style keyboard. I'm seriously willing to help you, you just gotta tell me what you're doing.

your first game was 35wpm????

What the hell OP, stop being a faggot, you can't suck dick and type at the same time and expect to be good at it.

Nope. Full not looking.
I get a better score mixing s&p with general kybd comfort. (Ctrl + Scrllock -> open chromium)

If you can post a video of how you type in different ways (no looking, s&p, etc.) that'd speed this up. Just point your webcam at your keyboard or use your phone.

Too long. Busy typing.

Give me the site faggot

First result on google for typing test.
Good luck with your brute force then.

Mixing Again

65WPM, for never having had typing classes, not too shabby

Ok. 10min, I have Big hands dude.

>9.17WPM
What the fuck user?

how-to-type.com/touch-typing-lessons/how-to-type-home-keys/
This is probably the most logical progression. Once you get a feel for where all the letter keys are, practice typing random words on something like Klavaro.

the way I learned how to type fast was to play video games that needed me to type fast to communicate with my team mates. But you probably don't have enough time for that

>not bad
>7wpm
participation medal for everyone i guess

spider pls go

I am truly impressive

>Am I boned?
Impossible to say without a video of you typing. Record a short video and upload.

A. No webcam.
B. Shit cell

>B. Shit cell
that's not even an excuse. do it

Install Dasher, OP

No.,

No.,>Dasher
no

Use gtypist

Then fuck off

Mixing methods

this

OP here. Btw I'm 23

Underage confirmed. Only middleschoolers and MAYBE highschoolers have these kinds of tests

keybr.com

Seriously, I'm dumbfounded. Pic related is me typing on Workman, which I haven't practiced too much on.

And here's good old qwerty

keybr is genuinely shit for learning anything else apart from lowercase a-z, after you're basically forced to pick up other software like tipp10 to practice caps, numbers and symbols.

I mean, I suppose it's good for getting the absolute basics of touch typing down if you're the type of person that has absolutely no mechanical understanding of touchtyping.

>caps
Uhh how hard is it to press Shift?

>symbols
I don't think touch-typing symbols is the top priority when you're doing

When I was learning to touchtype properly, shift was a genuine nightmare in keybr. I had some weird hybridized typing skillset (3-4 fingers on the left hand whilst using index exclusively on the right hand) where I only used the left shift key and had to basically unprogram my brain to use the opposite hand for typing caps.

Symbols was another nightmare and still kind of is for me: anything other than commas and periods requires retarded hand gymnastics to reach.

I have a similar experience. I'm typing with 10 fingers but they are still all over the place.

I use 4 fingers on my left hand and 1-2 on my right.

How shit am I?

I have been up for ~27hrs

>9.17 WPM
Nigga I just swapped keyboard layouts and I'm ahead of you. Get some help, friendo.

same here and I type at 100. all from warcraft I think.

huh...

I passed a typing test with a software exploit. I just held down one key for the time limit and it gave me a bajillion typing speed which was above the required. I can only type ~45wpm irl.

Am I a bad person?

I use the same method but get 120-130 wpm max, so you have room to improve with our retarded way of doing things.

No.

I'm not trying to be rude but are you sure you don't have some kind of physical or mental disability? I got this result by using my right hand on my blank keycaps, so using just f and j to reorient my hand.

And here's me legitimately typing. I don't type with a really proper form(pinkies, etc) but I think it's pretty decent.

What website is this?

keyhero.com/free-typing-test/

I can't vouch for how useful it is, I just looked for the same one OP was using.

Resourcefulness is a highly marketable trait.

>keep fucking up my 100% accuracy due to shitty American punctuation and inconsistent grammar from authors

reeeeeeee

In my middle school ~45 WPM was required to pass, and then again in high school. And our keyboarding teacher was a fukken meme. She had the keyboards covered to prevent looking and the backspace keys were all pryed off.

I just got ~65 on keyhero. I use only my middle, index and thumb on an old dell keyboard. Did I pass? Will the next release have j-pop and cartoon waifus? It might improve my score.

thanks senpai

Keep on-screen keyboard or just a picture of your layout to give you a visual hint.
Work on making less typos first. Brain learns how to make mistakes too - just like anything else, you don't want that. Correction of typos takes a lot of time as well.
Make it your first priority, the speed will come with it and practice.
4 months should be plentiful if you exercise regularly. Take a break when you feel fatigued, and don't force or be harsh on yourself over mishaps. It will feed the frustration but won't speed up learning. You'll be okay.

t. learned Dvorak and touch-typing (and it felt like I was recovering from stroke).

gettin' better ;)

Nah you'll get it in less than a week.

What the fuck op
Get your shit together

>tfw you decided to learn to touchtype
>tfw your wpm was 90 with just 3 - 4 fingers
>tfw your wpm is now 50 for both the proper way and the shit way

I think I made a mistake Sup Forums

Never trained or anything, I am not used to punctuation because Sup Forums

I can touch type but I probably do it on a retarded and nonfunctional way

>play wasd games with 0 voice chat but huge amounts of people talking
>10 years later still fastest typer against anyone I can find

>cannot into punctuation because of Sup Forums

Don't even blame that on us. We have impeccable punctuation of the highest class and more grammar nazis than neo nazis.

>Spend 10 years learning something

>Switch to a way you've being doing for 10 minutes

>Not as good

K

Fucking runescape

DAMN

>using punctuation on Sup Forums
Lol nerd

It would be extremely painful

using capitals and symbols on Sup Forums

fucking normie

All those motivational speeches are making me depressed.

Calling people "normies" like a newfriend dum-dum, good show!

>First result on google for typing test.
i must have got a different site but i'm lying down on my bed with my laptop and cba to move and got this

Yeah, those screenshots are from keyhero, the
third result on google.

>9WPM
How? I type using one finger with my left hand's finger responsible for the left side of the keyboard and my right hand's finger responsible for the right side of the keyboard with my ring finger on the shift key and thumb on the spacebar. The way I type is objectively dog shit, if I actually used all my fingers like I should I could easily type way faster since I already have the keyboard and key placements memorized but I'm just too lazy to fix my mistake.

There's a 99% chance that I can thank old online games for this

pking in runescape as a child is how I learned to type properly, i nearly had an anxiety attack everytime I had to look down and s&p.

Maplestory and those shitty pokemon online games did it for me. I didn't get into Runescape until it was too late.

Playing an online game will let you be able to type past 20wpm.

Pretty good, John

This is clever, fingerprinting different users by their typing style.

It will be used to enhance the botnet.

Take off your tinfoil hat.

>never learned to type right
>can only type this "fast" on keyboard I know

>thinking they don't have a frame relay to google syncing the database at all times
pfft, nothin personnel kid

Nigga I just rode 5 miles on stationary bike and have had 3 shots.

GIT GUD, your future depends on it.

Start dvorak now. 4months, and you cuold be way past 24.4 wpm. Maybe the qwerty layout just doesn't click with you.

Online games before voip, and typing of the dead actually made me a better office goon.

>not getting above 100 wpm

>typing classes

*breathes in*

Damn, and I thought I was shit with my 92.7 WPM score (not a programmer tho...)
Seriously user get yourself checked...

If you can accurately touch-type with your own "non-traditional" form then it's not retarded. We each have our own styles.
My left pinky never touches q a z though I was taught to do so in 3rd grade or whatever. Plus years of gaming makes the spacebar exclusive to the left thumb.

Looks like I'm fucked too. Are any of the sites that help you learn touch typing any good?

Nigga, why are you drinking right after aerobic exercise? Are you trying to suicide your heart?
As a Dvorak user for a few years I have doubts recommending it on a time limit. While it's super comfy, initial learning is pretty tough, because QWERTY is going to interject. Plus there are some compatibility issues with Windose and keyboard shortcuts in it would be everywhere (Linux allows to preserve their places, doesn't it?). The worst part of it is that some computers might have layout locked or their owner reluctant to add another. And you'll have to embarrassingly peek at the keys.

>QWERTY is going to interject
I don't think that's going to be much of a problem when they're typing at some computers might have layout locked or their owner reluctant to add another
Isn't there a layout-on-a-stick solution that lets you plug in a USB into any PC and use your personal layout without having to change any settings? Though that might also cause issues if plugging in USB devices is restricted.

That being said Dvorak is outdated and shit. Some guy came up with it by hand, and for the time it was great, but nowadays simulations and models can create much better layouts. Colemak is probably the most popular one; Workman is my personal favourite, but less widely known/used.

Dvorak is neither outdated nor shit. The only layout that is, is Qwerty - the biggest "baby duck syndrome" in the world. Modern layouts try to optimise while preserving locations of some of the common shortcuts i.e. bowing down to that giant baby duck.

>while preserving locations of some of the common shortcuts
Not necessarily, at least not in a way that harms the ergonomics of the layout.
Dvorak, on the other hand, makes some questionable decisions such as placing all the vowels in a row for no real reason, to the point that there are a few "patches" which improve dvorak simply by swapping a few letters around.

Dvorak was created by a guy looking at a keyboard and thinking, "hmm, how do I make this more comfortable?" Meanwhile, most modern layouts were created using simulations running over hundreds of thousands of words, thousands of times, to come up with an optimised layout. Even Colemak, which does have as one of its """selling points""" the similarity to qwerty, consistently performs better in almost all layout tests with many metrics.

There's no objectively 'best' keyboard layout, just use whatever works for you

OP here. Using Pic Related for training Dez Hands. Always fucked off in typing class [3rd-4th grade]. Use to play runescape (wasnet good) I play mmorps but usually keep to myself. Learning how to type faster for a tier 1 IT job I was offered. Working to type everyday till the test.

My wpm went down a bit after switching to a mechanical keyboard, not to "almost non-existent" but still noticeable.
If all else fails, get one for pic related, I don't know what fairy magic they used in these but they add at least 15wpm just from plugging them in