/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY: In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

nt-build-bot.rvx86.net
spit.mixtape.moe/view/36dd7e98
spit.mixtape.moe/view/d564fd85
my.mixtape.moe/yxasht.zip
my.mixtape.moe/exebyr.zip
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_HTML5_and_Flash
nt-build-bot.rvx86.net/job/netrunner-winnt-amd64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/337401435975057441/351602369110343691/unknown.png
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/337401435975057441/351602467743465472/unknown.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Love OP's pic :^)

First for moon man

Post all nice-looking logos.

I think we should use a modern language like Rust for this.

So many symbols of HATE and it doesn't render shit right.

nice meme

>chromeshill was presumed dead
>in reality it was just replaced by rust shill

>writing anything in rust
lmao rust was designed for shilling not for dev

This. There's a reason our lord and savior mosjwilla chose rust for servo.

It should be done with LISP to stay true to THE book and bring back some fun in computing.

>ports to Rust
>./netrunner
>Failed to load dynamic library kernel32.dll. C:\WINDOWS\System\kernel32.dll: undefined symbol: SetVectoredExceptionHandler

Activated proper SSL cert, you can drop the port number from the URI now: nt-build-bot.rvx86.net

Very good, keep up the good work

It's fine as C++

What about restarting the project in ANSI C '89?

Will it have a Flash plugin wrapper?
I need my flash for that juicy, juicy /f/. Besides, Flash is superior to HTML5 in basically every way, especially when you know what the fuck you're doing.
Then again, you could probably handle flash externally just like videos and network streams.

Fuck Flash.

Would have considered it for DOS, no longer necessary, as I've pretty much bootstrapped a proper environment. Stay tuned, it will have pdcurses and svgalib (at first. Will probably port to GLUT to use Mesa3D 6.5)

spit.mixtape.moe/view/36dd7e98
spit.mixtape.moe/view/d564fd85

I have glew installed but I get this error:
"./netrunner: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and run ldconfig

How do i build from source? Please add compilation instructions on github.

Make sure you have the dependencies installed and just type make

Nigga
Just
make

where do i put the md5sum file? Although that's not the error about.

I have installed the dependencies and got udilin's master repo.

All dependencies are to be from your package manager, what distro are you using?

OpenBSD

gcc or llvm
opengl
glew (2.0 works, 1.3 doesn't work)
glfw (3.2.1 works)
freetype2 (2.8 works)
harfbuzz (1.4.6 works)
mbedtls (2.5.1 works)
md5sum (for shader compilation)

You should have the above dependencies, if you don't have a dependency like md5sum you need to install it.

I have installed these dependencies.

The error is in the Makefile, not the dependecies.

The error is because i used bsd make instead of gnu make.
However, using clang i get this error.

Your version of make is probably fucked. Note that the makefile is probably a GNU makefile which might be different from what your make expects.

No clue why they're using lto by default lmao.
Anyway, don't use clang faggot.

I'm using the clang on OSX but probably the gcc frontend of clang. You can also easily just remove -flto=8 it's just an optmization

I removed flto and then i got new errors.

>Anyway, don't use clang faggot.
I think clang is not really supported?

Have you tried it with just gcc and GNU make only?

Yep. Still errors.

Wow, this thing just hates BSD since it works perfectly under GNU/Linux, MacOS, and Windows

Is it botnet?
Can I be sure that hacker named "Sup Forums" didn't implemented keylogger on netrunner..?

if only you could view the source for yourself... but we'll never know

I guess we won't...
Otherwise I would try it

It needs to have the makefile configured to accept OpeBSD's flags.

>a lot of work

Fuck off Mozilla shill

New OSX package
First since some major path work, please test and let me know how broken it is
my.mixtape.moe/yxasht.zip

Working with user, so we can include OpenBSD support in the mainline Makefile

Install the 32bit version.

Would have been nice if the designers had posted the vectors for all of these.

neetrunner*

Use gmake instead of make. Your "make" command is BSD make and it's using GNU Makefile syntax.

Im a faggot. Can someone explain this one to me

Under features of the browser:

"- Written in C."

Why C over C++?

Someone can take a screenshot of this browser in action so i can see how it looks like?

It is being written in C++, the original plan to make this a browser written in C got changed.

/r/ optional snek icon.

Why not Rust?

I have the stuff from brew installed but how do I run nr from this zip? It's an exe

Why not Haskell?

Rust doesn't have a runtime and it's faster than C and C++ in practice, as well as being mostly immune to memory-related errors. Moreover, it's a lot more powerful than C/C++.

Screenshots are on the website

That zip doesn't have an exe, don't need brew stuff for the zip. You just run ./netrunner binary that's in there.

Rust is maintained by Mozilla. Defeats the purpose of this project.

Why? It never matters who maintains a language's compiler.

rust is java for ctards

That literally doesn't even make sense.

Java is """safe""" like rust is from buffer overflows, and the only reason you'd use rust is for """performance""" or it's shitty concepts

Why not Holy C?

tarball?

cia niggers don't use holyc
unironically though, do regular compilers even support it?

Rust has no VM and no GC. It doesn't leak memory, there are no use-after-free. Java can't do that.

>rust doesn't leak memory
>made by mozilla, creators of the worlds most memory leaking browser

>updated parser to terminate with an error if source files contain abelist language

Like fuck it doesn't.

Another reason to not use rust

>ff57 leaked 2.8GB the other day
>mfw

neet is spelled with two e's. please correct this. thank you

fuck you, companies pushing to kill flash for worse software is a stupid idea

Can't wait for the world's most autistic browser

Flash is worse than HTML5 on every account except "baww I don't like thing" whining by people who made one Flash project ten years ago.

it's Sup Forums. no waiting for autism required.

Why C++ over C? Libraries? Because fuck C++.

>smaller file size than HTML5
>unlike HTML or HTML5 actually looks exactly the same no matter what browser or even device you're using
>isn't a laggy piece of shit
>usually implemented through a wrapper to an external plugin, therefore you can just kill the wrapper and never have to worry about muh security ever again
>compressed but easy to use file format, unlike HTML5's fucktarded plaintext
>files that you can actually fucking download without two hours worth of effort
>ability to embed fonts

The list goes on. Go fuckeddy fuck yourself, WHATWG shill.

on windows, run and instantly closes
running the my.mixtape.moe/exebyr.zip

build from the website

inb4 ratted

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_HTML5_and_Flash
hmm, look at all of those N/A standard boxes, could it be that html5 is worse than flash? Could it be that having to program and debug html5 for 2 - 4 different browsers puts way too much pressure on the developer?

I don't see anything out of order in this table. Everything important is supported.

define important

Almost universally supported across all operating systems. Works on phones. Works on video game consoles. Has access to camera, microphone, gps, etc. Used throughout the market. Supports SVG. Supports bitmap. Has vector text display. Most browsers support anti-aliasing if you're not in 1999, has JavaScript, which is a massive language with a massive community and a massive amount of MIT-licensed libraries, supports gzip compression for HTML, JS, and CSS. JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc are all supported throughout almost every single browser. Depending on browser, almost all video formats are supported. Same for audio. Fullscreen is obviously supported, DRM is becoming a standard, file system access is generally available, offline storage is provided by localStorage, cookies, etc. Meta tags are a thing.

What is it missing?

where's the desktop player?

your web browser?

offline desktop application, I don't want to have to be limited to a webbrowser if I want to watch a javascript animation, now do I?

Do you implement HTML DOM yet?

I'm actually inclined to agree with this.

Native code >>

it's like wrongthink, but on the web-desktop divide. god bless this man

nt-build-bot.rvx86.net/job/netrunner-winnt-amd64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/*zip*/archive.zip

(if you still have prot-mode Windows, change amd64 to i686 in URI)

also, we've just started implementing multiple windows, it's still rough on the edges

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/337401435975057441/351602369110343691/unknown.png
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/337401435975057441/351602467743465472/unknown.png

Excellent

C++ is infinitely superior as well as infinitely safer.

It's better to stick with C++ because it'll make it easy for developers of other browsers to just jump right in.