Why didn't anybody tell me that programming would be HARD! All my things just crash or loop! I've seen those words...

Why didn't anybody tell me that programming would be HARD! All my things just crash or loop! I've seen those words segmentation fault more times in the past week than I even heard the word 'fault' to describe me in my LIFE! Is there like a universal program that can just tell me if my program is going to crash or not? Just installing one of those seems a lot easier than dealing with this every time I try to do anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>babby needs a GUI to program

aww

there's a coder working on making code look node-based where you could just drag and drop and assign values

>there's a coder working on making code look node-based where you could just drag and drop and assign values
Isn't that already a thing?
Like thats how we coded the lego robots things

dumb frogposter

Scratch, the NXT thing, code::blocks, pick your favorite kindergarten tool for babby's "I'm a real coder now" experience at this point

Keep calm, it goes better with time, after some years you will be able to write and organize complex things :-)

none of you answered my question

No there isn't. Halting problem. 1/10 made me reply.

The CIA makes things complicated on purpose to ensure the world is full of nigger poos doing irrelevant shit forever while the people who already know how to code control the jobs.

You're going to have to find someone to tutor you. There is no learning on your own.

It's called learning. Btw if you made you a loop, you are actually getting somewhere. Maybe you started too late to just learn without expectations.

>! Is there like a universal program that can just tell me if my program is going to crash or not?
I suggest making this as your first programming project.

git gud

the main reason a program made by a beginner crash or loop is not knowing what his program is really doing. Is it's C, it's even worse. Don't rush things, always test what your doing and if it's not working, go line by line and explain to yourself what your program is doing.

If it is stressing you, then stop, don't force it. Maybe go back a little and practice the basics more. Also, always try to understand your code, when I started, I would spend lots of hours reading StackOverflow questions explaining the details of how a language works. It helped a lot to understand why my code didn't worked

You will get there eventually. You just need to change your attitude. There is no easy way to do this where everything is just handed to you, like what you're used to.

Let me guess. Windows user? Start by changing that. Windows users are the niggers of the tech world, and it shows, with posts like these.

What OS do you recommend.

>Is there like a universal program that can just tell me if my program is going to crash or not?
jumping to the heart of computational theory right out the door
you might actually have some potential op

Lol sounds like somebody is doing linked lists.

underrated

>Is there like a universal program that can just tell me if my program is going to crash or not?
There is provably no such possible program.

how would you prove such a thing

Gee, I wonder....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem
"Alan Turing proved in 1936 that a general algorithm to solve the halting problem for all possible program-input pairs cannot exist. A key part of the proof was a mathematical definition of a computer and program, which became known as a Turing machine; the halting problem is undecidable over Turing machines. It is one of the first examples of a decision problem."
I'm sure you can find Turing's proof online somewhere.

Gentoo ofc

Welcome to the real world.