Lockpicking

Can you get through this sort of security technology Sup Forums? I just ordered a lockpicking set from Amazon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yh46F3we1-M
youtu.be/fU7-r83Nx3Y
youtube.com/channel/UCp1orOGJwZvjLAvckyxC4Nw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Breaking into other's private propriety is illegal Jamal.

Alternatively, you could just make and use a bump key.

Subscribe to bosnianbill

Yes, but I built my own picks from the spring-steel of my old windscreen wipers. Practiced while watched movies and stuff, I'm not an expert but I figure it's good enough for everyday locks

From watching movies I learned you just need one kick to break a door so picking the lock would be a waste of time

Most basic locks and padlocks should be easy.

Also this
I picked it up while I was recovering from a leg injury it's basically like solving a linear rubiks cube. Also I like the look on peoples faces when I open their stuff on a dare and they start shitting themselves because of how fast it is to get mugged.

"M'lady"
*unsheathes katana shaped lockpick*
"Allow a gentleman like me to get that door for you"

Only criminals need military-grade lock picks.

These should be banned.

What are you hiding user? If you had nothing to hide you wouldn't care.

Nobody believes me when I tell them I managed to unlock one of these with just a hair clip. It sounds like movie bullshit but you can actually do it.

>how fast it is to get mugged
But that isn't a mugging. That's just theft. You think Jamal is going to pick the goddamn locks on anything I have during a mugging?

>banning hook shaped metal rods
Good luck.

don't go in there, tyrone

Are locks the biggest scam (((they))) have pulled off yet?

>lockpicking set
You only need a wrench, a wave, and triangle

kek.

Imagine a day where Dr Deletus can no longer annihilate your fetus.

I opened one of those brass master padlocks using two paperclips.

Anybody have any PDFs or infographics on the process?

play skyrim

lockpicking is fun, and you are able to make a job out of it if you get good.

the lock in the picture is a practice lock, these things are notoriously shit.

also, no locks are sold to keep people out, they are sold to buy you time when someone wants in.

here is a rule of thumb.

any padlock 1/4 inch thick is a deterrent to casual people who may see an opportunity and take it.

Hardened steel and hardened steel chain keeps anyone who wants in relatively silently out.

you will also want the pick second on the right for the times you have to get around low pins.

MIT Lockpicking Guide

bolt cutters are faster

Is it realistic to open a, say, $20 padlock using a paperclip? What with a picklick kit?

What're the rough dimensions of the picks? I have access to a cnc machine and tons of scrap metal at work and was thinking of making some

Seems like a cool hobby? How much did it cost?

unlike what the guy below you said skyrim is not accurate at all. go on youtube and look for the vids that show the clear seethru lock shown in op's post. i bought that exact set off amazon cheap. just google a lockpick training lock or locksmith training set. something like that set should appear, and they make these for all kinds of locks. padlocks are easy, you have to use the picks to lift the pins to the joint in them just like the key does, but unlike the key there is not constant pressure so you need to develop the skill of using the tension wrench to put a slight turn on the lock but not to much or else the pins can get stuck to high. do a little googling and youtubing for the vids i mentioned and it will explain this in better detail

$20

well, look at the opening, can you fit a tension bar and the paperclip in at the same time?

The main issue with a paperclip is going to be the home made nature of it, it's not going to be smooth unless you put some work into making it, making picking harder.

From my understanding, and this is comeing from someone who bought a 6$ lock pick set from china as I thought it would be a fun skill to master, and it is fun, all locks are picable with a tension bar, and a feeler/diamond pick until you get into specialty locks that have multiple different bibles and failsafes but at that point you know damn well you can't pick it from the get go.

just remember, rule of thumb, locks aren't meant to keep people out, they are deterrents for opportunists, a hassle for people who want to steal something silently, and something that buys you time when a person just does not care.

In my experience, many locks under 20$ don't have security pins and can be picked accidently.

looks fun to learn, saw a couple different clear locks on amazon too to try different ones might try it.

don't buy clear ones, these are almost all stupidly fucking easy to pick, I don't mean you see what you are doing, I mean I accidently picked the one I have with a toothpick, the only good they are for is showing you what is inside a lock and you can watch youtube for that.

You are better off buying a lot of keyless locks off ebay and a lock pick set, make sure you have at least one master lock though, those are a bit more challenging than a see through lock but are retardedly fucking easy to pick still.

Yea sure i just mean to get started and learn all about it, i have locks laying around the house too. Once i get comfortable doing it i can use the ones around the place to move onto.

Ive yet to encounter a lock II couldnt get through with just a single pick and an old flat screwdriver for tension. My pick is a jewellers screw driver with the end bent at 90 degrees

I mean see through locks are a complete waste of money, unless you are getting one for borderline free, and there are some lock pick sets on gearbest that come with a basically free see through lock, I wouldn't waste the money on one, especially to learn.

the tolerances are so shit you can jiggle some of the locks up and down and the pins fall into place, or in the case of mine, it's a 6 pin lock but only one pin needs to be picked and you accidently pick it by putting a tool inside.

If you want to get one, get one you can fully take apart and re pin it, that way you can get security pins and replace them and practice that way.

>Can you get through this sort of security technology Sup Forums?

Kinda takes the wind out of your sails when you live in Finland where basically every lock is an Abloy lock, and even the most basic Abloy Classics are some of the hardest locks in the world to pick.

In a way that is pretty cool in itself though.

Abloy locks are amazing
youtu.be/Yh46F3we1-M

In Germany there are lockpick clubs. It's like chess without an enemy but the lock.

This.

Holy fuck muricans have crappy houses when thinkingbof security. Thin walls, weak doors and sone ancient cheap locks.

American houses are bad in more ways than that. Weak beams, plywood, flimsy insulation, flimsy siding and roofing that either blows off in high winds or just rots away after a few years. Its really no wonder that come tornado or hurricane and houses are literally ripped off of their foundations and tossed into the air.

In contrast, houses and most buildings in Europe are much sturdier, being built with stone or cinder blocks or brick for the whole wall and inside walls. This is true for new houses and apartment blocks as well as old buildings. This is the reason we see buildings hundreds of years old still standing in good shape. In the US a 50 year old house is considered old and is torn down to make room for another flimsy yet expensive structure.

American houses sometimes do have the appearance of having brick walls, however these are just stuck onto the outside of the plywood walls giving a false sense of quality and strength. It is understandable that using flimsy wood is cheaper than using stone or concrete, but this is not really evidenced by the prices of houses. I have seen multi-million dollar new houses in the States that are building using the same plywood, insulation, shabby roofing material as cheaper houses. The fact that walls are paper thin and conversations can be heard 2 rooms away is nothing strange in American houses.

We also see quality problems in areas like rotting walls, water getting into insulation, termites and leaking roofs. Houses built of plywood and low quality beams will not last all that long. Using staple guns to hold plywood to beams is usually going to end up shabby. Contractors tend to use the cheapest materials and thrown up buildings as soon as they can in order to maximize profits. For some reason this shabby building tradition has become the norm in the US.

I was cleaning my house the other day and discovered my old lockbox. Of course the key was gone years ago so I decided to put my lockpicks to good use. Inside was a neatly pressed stack or rare bills, some rare coins, 60 British pounds, and 30 usd. I forgot what I was saving these for, but I moved them to a different secure location for another time.

>military-grade

good bait

youtu.be/fU7-r83Nx3Y

What's the military to do with lockpicks when they can blow the door up?

mcmansions are the greatest offense to architecture

>got a lockpick set a couple Christmases ago
>tfw still haven't managed to picked any locks that weren't specifically made to practice on

Sup Forums didn't answer my question regarding my brother's fingerprint lock, yet.

bump keys are lame

Cut his finger off there you go.

oh, it's easier than you think. They even banned vertain primes so it's just a matter of time

he says jif at 4:22

It's OK to remind people of that when teaching locksport.

Oh god, fingerprints are usernames, not passwords.

Can I just put the scanner on his finger in his sleep ?

No his finger will be asleep.

I got that exact same set from banggood for $7,3. You got jewed.

This is also the reason in countries like Germany and Italy several generations of family live together in the same house and more people rent while often in the US people people as young as 20-something own their own house with a yard. Our houses are cheap enough to actually buy for anyone with a marginal degree of financial aptitude.

Mandatory youtube channel.
youtube.com/channel/UCp1orOGJwZvjLAvckyxC4Nw

>what is whitehat hacking

Modern locks prevent those from being useful, don't they?

ive "picked" luggage locks for people in airports who lost their keys to their luggage with a nail file about a hundred times
usually takes

This needs to be a Sup Forumseneral

Do most people use modern locks instead of cheap locks?

Holy fuck my retarded fuck of a country uses these shit double lever keys EVERYWHERE, making traditional lockpicking basically a useless skill.

Modern design is still more resilient to earthquakes than old stone buildings

Suck a fat one europoor

Shut the fuck up you stupid fat american, you don't know what you're talking about

shocking lie.

street sweeper blades. find them on the street.

>In contrast, houses and most buildings in Europe are much sturdier, being built with stone or cinder blocks or brick for the whole wall and inside walls.
Europe is not one country, our construction methods vary WILDLY depending on country, city and even local climate. See Spanish stone buildings v.s western Norwegian wooden houses vs. eastern Norwegian wooden houses. Then compare all of those to Irish or British buildings, which hit all of your checkboxes of cinder blocks and concrete resulting in cold, damp shoeboxes.

There are so many details you've missed from your rant that I dare say there's nothing of value in it.

>live in a place with no seismic activity
>"at least my house is earthquake resilient stupid yuropoor"
>*flies away on a tornado*

Off topic thread

I keep a pick set in my EDC bag for those just in case times. I last used the hook to help pull a broken off key piece out of a guy's dirt bike ignition for him, and once to get into my own back door because my fiancee was retarded and locked the spare set of keys in the house

Regardless, if you need tip videos, Bosnianbill had a great YouTube channel for all your picking needs.

Lock picking is incredibly easy until it's not. And when it's not it's practically impossible.

Only criminals need privacy
Only wrongdoers need be worried goy (;

Just get a bump key OP, way easier to use and hitting things with a hammer is fun.