Where to buy music?

Serious question:
Im now 22, downloaded shitton of music all my life, now i came to a conclusion where i want to pay for the music, ideally pay the musicians at least some portion of my payment.
Now i dont want to pay for streaming services, it unpersonalise the listening experience, id rather buy the albums (digital).
What is the best place to buy music online that respects the musicians ?
>inb4 iTunes
Im stucked in Apple ecosystem with mac and iphone that i bought few years back and although i dont want to support apple anymore, throwing the devices away doesnt make sense for me now. So i dont want to be bound with apple stuff furthermore.

Other urls found in this thread:

us.7digital.com/artist/yoko-shimomura/release/final-fantasy-xv-original-game-soundtrack-6375181
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

same situation with me. I chose apple music even though spotify was better.

Just buy original CD's and rip them.

Bandcamp is pretty decent, only takes 15%. The other ones like iTunes take more.
Then you have some like Indietorrent, which take 10% but very few people use it.
Or just buy directly from the musician if they offer the option.

Purchase physical CDs and then rip them.

i guess this is the most fair option,
although with macbook air, ill have to invest into external cd drive, but it feels like worth it

If you're doing it to support the musician this is not the best option, distributing CDs costs more than selling online (not counting iTunes and shit).

The only place I buy music on is bandcamp.

If you're doing it to support the musician, you buy tickets. Record labels take the lion's share of the profits, and the artist gets the same percentage regardless.

Used to pirate albums, switched to Spotify two months ago. It's really worth it.

But if you wanna "personalize" your experience, get your music through bandcamp and itunes.

>If you're doing it to support the musician, you buy tickets. Record labels take the lion's share of the profits
That depends entirely on the deal they made with the label (if they even have one, some really small bands don't).

>buying music

Many music labels sell music online, e.g. on Bleep. Bandcamp is another option that is much fairer to the musician.

Nowadays though its much better to support the musician by going to a live show.

>>buying music

wheres the buy music comic?

son you have disgraced our family

I just listen on soundcloud. Artists still get a percentage I think?

on piratebay

>If you're doing it to support the musician, you buy tickets.

This doesn't help if you live in the middle of nowhere.

7digital sells FLAC music as well. It's where I got the Final Fantasy XV soundtrack album for cheaper ($12.99) than what the lossy versions cost on iTunes and Amazon ($27.99), which is pretty interesting.

us.7digital.com/artist/yoko-shimomura/release/final-fantasy-xv-original-game-soundtrack-6375181

Buy murch instead.

>tfw pirate music and buy LP to rip it because I'm too autistic
Feels good and bad at the same time man.

donate to their patreon