AMD RX VEGA 56 - sabotaged launch

Who has sabotaged the launch of the AMD RX VEGA 56?
Who is guilty? MINERS or AMD

By the way I got a MSI RX VEGA 56 for 399€.

Other urls found in this thread:

digitimes.com/news/a20170824PD207.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nividia gtx 1070 is better than RX 56

AMD VEGA 56 is more like 500$

no worse then a 1070 once undervolted and unless you are calling a 1080 shit, great performance to boot, vega 64 is a bit of a wild card though, as it's clearly bottlenecked hard, with no clear guarantee that a driver will come in a timely manner.

I'm in canada and the 56 here sells at 700$ CAD (560.99 USD).

I bought a 1080 GTX for 590$ CAD (470$ USD) last week and it's excellent.

When would be the best moment to get a new computer for gaming and prog stuff ? I know the GC prices are high right now but what time of the year is usually the best ?

>By the way I got a MSI RX VEGA 56 for 399€.

you didn't

Where ?

In germany , shop was Alternate , for 399€ an amd rx vega 56

Alternate was afer 15 mins out of stock. :) really nice

Are you fucking serious?

AMD has no control over retail prices

this is stores taking advantage of the mining craze

AMD make GPU chips they sell to partners. They make some reference cards but the reason they use AiB's to also make reference is because they don't have the capacity to make all of their own. If AiB's were willing to ship directly it might be possible but AiB's also want to make profit by selling to distributors for higher margins. This then increases prices to retailers who then hike the price again.

You can't blame AMD for this. Blame AiB's, Distributors and retailers/scalpers.

Would have bought one if it wasn't for the power limit. Waiting for custom models with raised power limits.

AMD VEGA 56 is shit

You have to accept that from AMD's perspective, its just more cheap hardware they push out from a manufacturing plant in some poverty stricken nation and making drivers only serves to make you less likely to reboot your computer. It just seems like they will never care about their customers.

>tfw i got a 56 for three hundred and ninety nine you ess dollars this morning

>By the way I got a MSI RX VEGA 56 for 399€.

indeed i did

AMD not fabricating enough is not a problem, it's always someone else at fault.

I'm contemplating a founders edition. But not before they release drivers.

Even on half finished drivers with at least one core uarch feature still missing, reference Vega 56 dumpsters AIB factory OC'd 1070s.

im just going to make my blower mine its own aio cooler

Not a bad idea.

Where are the 1070 OC in your pic?

>who is guilty

Retailers

who needs to compare a 1070 when its beating a 1080?

t. miner

If AMD had shipped 3x as many cards than they did today they would have still sold out in the first 20 seconds.

Wrong.

Amd has control of retail pricing through the supply side of the supply/demand equation.

If amd ordered more units produced, price would fall. The only reason it is so high is because there is a supply shortage.

>only supply matters, demand doesn't

This is what Sup Forumsermin actually believe.

I heard that miners are working on coding for Vega and one has claimed to double its performance for Monero.
Do the same for Eth and you are looking at 70-100 as rumored

Why should AMD care if miners are using the cards instead of gaymers? A sale is a sale.

hbm2 memory prices

It saves them some time and money from actually having to develop software.

AMD sabotages their own GPU releases by refusing to use voltage binning. It's been clear for three product cycles that they give no fucks about reviews and power usage.

Stock doesn't matter, production picks up as demand rises. If yields for Vega really were so bad AMD would have to charge more than $400-500 for the 56 model.

It's true if the demand curve is inflexible (that is, if demand is only weakly affected by price). There was an article on seekingalpha by some tech-industry analyst predicting that prices will remain high because AMD is content to harvest their good profit margins while they can to shore up their financial position, and Nvidia (their only competitor in the GPU market, mind you) is going to be inclined to let them, since they have no real reason to start a price war at the moment. They have a large chunk of the market, and if AMD isn't going to produce flat-out to fight for market share, that isn't under much threat, so they'll tacitly go along with AMD and enjoy the high prices.

Isn't this just price fixing then?
I remember nvidia and ati were fined for fixing the 7900gt and x1950 xt prices.

Kinda but not really. Price fixing is where firms collude to raise prices. There isn't likely any collusion here - you just have a situation where neither of the market participants are eager to compete on price at the moment.

It's less of a public-policy problem because in the absence of explicit collusion - execs from AMD and Nvidia contacting each other and agreeing 'this is how we'll price our products' - its an unstable equilibrium. If demand slackens (say Eth crashes, for instance) then they both face an incentive to cut prices to maintain sales and market share. That's probably what it will take since supply has limited flexibility - neither AMD nor Nvidia is likely to say "Yeah, this is the new normal, lets build another ten-billion-dollar fab to satisfy all this demand!" At least not unless the crypto craze keeps going for another few years.

I stayed up all night to get one and I was never even able to add one to a cart

>Card makers realise they can still shift units at these stupid prices
>Card prices rise

Would anyone be interested in an AMD Loyalty Club where you get the first chance to buy a single product from stocks of video cards?

Caveat: If they catch you mining with them they are legally allowed to come and cut a finger off.

digitimes.com/news/a20170824PD207.html

AMD is guilty. They and their partners are too incompetent to manufacture the Vega cards in sufficient numbers.

every single thread, in every single vega thread I see you post the same fanboy shit over and over again. and I know it's you because you keep using the exact same words in your posts. "oh look at me I'm a braindead AMD fanboy, and once they release these magical drivers that make use of this hardware feature it'll beat the shit out of nvidia!". every single fucking thread. you fucking idiot. shut the fuck up already.

but yes I do agree that when undervolted vega 56 is a pretty damn good card, I'm considering picking it up when the prices even out and aftermarket coolers come out

>loyalty club
>brand loyalty

wtf dude

>hardware sells out instantly at premium prices
>failure

I bet AMD are real sad.