Why doesn't Sup Forums use Adblock Plus?

I'm starting to see it miss a few ads and I'm considering replacing it, however I know that Sup Forums has been against it for years, even if I never bothered to find out why. What have I missed? What's so good/bad about ABP and what should it be replaced with?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_fraud
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they don't block adds that pay them

Too mainstream

trusted ads, aka, these fucks paid us for us to display this shit

ublock origin is faster and wasn't sold off to an ad company.

>new adblock comes along to replace the last one
>advertisers put pressure on the authors or pay them money or both
>adblock becomes compromised and isn't as good as it used to be
>new adblock comes along to replace the last one
...and so the cycle continues

I think gorhill might be incorruptible though, the whole ublock ublock origin shenanigans really showed it.

he's too autistic to be corrupted, he likes sticking it to the ad networks more than he likes money

"""""acceptable""""" ads

Isn't Ad Nauseam popular?

uBlock Origin vs ABP. What's the pros/cons?

ABP is bloated.
uBlock uses less memory and more modern.

Shit performance when compared to uBlock origin. ABP gets exponentially slower the more filters you add while uBlock performs the same no matter how much shit you add.

Ad Nauseam is shit.
uBlock Origin is the way to go.

>blacklists instead of whitelists

are you really defending the guy who gave FULL OWNERSHIP of the extension out of the blue with not previous discussion to the first shady teenager who picked it up?

/Thread

don't use this, it's illegal and it hurts small sites in the long run

And I bet you made this thread to get people off of AdNauseam.

I don't need to, the internet's made up its mind and now there's only like 20 people using it.

>illegal
Citation needed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_fraud

Unless you uncheck a checkbox, which takes 2 seconds.

also add ublock origin extra
reeeeealy nice

but feels so good to fuck them over, m80

Only if the sites are not funded by the business or group they represent.

Has anyone had issues with uBlock suddenly shitting itself? Was working fine earlier, then ads started sneaking through and I could not even access uBlock's menu. I switched to ABP in the mean-time. ButvI've never had uBlock shit itself like that.

I used it but it coudln't block popups that abused the base64 application/pdf thing, so I moved to uBlock origin.
Now, suddenly ublock isn't working on firefox, like, at all, checking this shit as we speak.

>I switched to ABP
Switching ad blockers does nothing. The problem is the filters. If ads sneak in make sure you are subscribed to the right filters or they are updated. I used to know a retard that installed 4 ad blockers.

and then made ublock origin

whats your point

UBLOCK ORIGIN ISN'T WORKING ON FIREFOX RIGHT NOW
WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO!?

But ABP is blocking things normally as uBlock would. I didn't change anything from uBlock, it just started shitting itself. LikevI said I couldn't even open the uBlock menu when I clicked on the icon. It was all so sudden.

install the newest beta version
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta

Firefox "updated" and fucked us all in the process. Now Ublock and DownloadThemAll are labeled as legacy software.

Time to head over to Mozilla and download the "outdated" version of Firefox.

>gorhill is too autistic to be corrupted
Bingo. And we're fortunate as fuck to benefit from it. I DM'd him a thank you message and I hope you guys all do the same. It's super rare for a best-in-class piece of software to be incorruptible for so long.

Samefagging here. Just went to downgraded to Firefox 54.0.1 en-US. Be sure to turn off automatic updates, then download all of your normal add-ons.

As if that makes it okay. That's been the business model of Google, Facebook, and all the rest - start out focused on users, then slowly take away their control and privacy bit by bit. ABP is untrustworthy because it has the ability to enable this option at all. They shouldn't be accepting money from any advertisers for whitelisting, at all. They've already started down the path of working against me and for advertisers, and any company that starts down that path doesn't stop.

>opt out is fine
>0.001c has been deposited into your account

>Using botnetchrome
>Remove UBO
>Reinstall from AMO

Good goy.

uBlock is 100 times better

SOPA MACACO
UMA DELICIA

C U C K A L E R T

>goy just jump through the hoop they provide you.