Superclocked GTX 1060 3GB or Standard EVGA GTX 1060 6GB? Can't decide which one to buy (3GB is cheaper by $20)

Superclocked GTX 1060 3GB or Standard EVGA GTX 1060 6GB? Can't decide which one to buy (3GB is cheaper by $20)

Other urls found in this thread:

hothardware.com/reviews/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-gaming-review?page=6
gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2567-official-gtx-1060-3gb-specs-and-sm-disabled
youtube.com/watch?v=gNhvmP8yNE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

6GB

3 GB version is trash
6 GB

6GB, it has more shaders and the extra 3GB of RAM will be useful if you plan on keeping the card for more than 6 months.

Save for another month and get a 1070.

Can't mine worth shit on a 3GB card, so no point

Minefag degenerate please go.

Whatever you get, don't get the one with a single fan unless you really need it for a tiny case.

uninstall steam and start going to the gym

The SC version is fine

hothardware.com/reviews/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-gaming-review?page=6

Case in point. Only hits like 73C at over 1900MHz

What the fuck else are you gonna do with a video card? Play children's games? You know you need to be 18+ to post here right?

>not writing your own renderer so you can get a job with a medical company working on medical visualizations
>MUH MINING I CAN TOTALLY MAKE MONEY WHEN EVERY CRYPTO IS BEING MANIPULATED BY THE CHINKS AND MONGOLIANS
Minefag everyone

get the 1060 6gb superclocked. The non-superclocked one has a weak fan, and 3gb isn't enough.

not any of the previous posters but you minefags/chads need to gtfo

most people here or in general are buying video cards to game, especially if you your getting something from companies like evga or what have you

workstations and work station graphics cards are for productivity. fuck out with that too old to play games shit

>MORE expensive than at same point last year

REEEEEEEEEEEE

6gb
>6gb is a different/more powerful gpu from the 3gb version

Get the 6gb put pay $10 extra to also get it overclockef

It's either a meme or people with a complex from /r9k/ at this point. Because for whatever reason on a board with a boner for FOSS, you're not actually allowed to use your computer as you see fit.

got myself the 6gb from MSI. I'm happy with it

And instead of getting the 3gb version, isn't a 1050ti more cost effective in that case?

3gb is a cut down 6gb
literally a scam

what has Sup Forums become? how god damn stupid are you?

>don't buy gimped shit it's complete ass
>"lmao /gee/ is dumb
(You)

Except it's basically the same shit, but cheaper and you will never use more than 3GB gaming at 1080p.

Wait for Nvidia GV106 GTX 2060

For 20 a bit more wouldn't hurt especially if is true

For 20 bucks, I'd go with the 6GB model, but you're only gaining maybe 4 or 5 more fps performance from it.

I don't those 4 or 5 additional fps you stand to gain from a 6gb card is worth spending any more than 20 bucks on tho.

A 3GB card should still last you just fine for the next 2 years.

It depends. 1060 is a great 1080p at ultra high settings at 60fps card. If you're going to buy a 1440p monitor, than you need to get the 1060 6GB card.

Stepping down to the 1050 Ti is worth it if you don't mind turning down a few settings, but you'll have a difficult time running future triple A titles in a decent experience.
(Which might be okay for you if you're into e-sport games like dota and world of tanks.)

The size of the memory is not that relevant when the 3gb and 6gb have the same ram speed.
Both cards process stuff at the exact same rate, the 6gb doesn't process data any faster.

Someone recommend some AMDick so this user is happy.

Except 1060 6GB vs 1060 3GB isn't fucking about 6GB vs 3GB. The 6GB card has more shaders, whereas the 3GB is further cut down from the 6GB version.
Before you ask for source, you can literally go and look this shit up on Nvidia's website, or any review that lists the tech specs of each GPU.

GTX 1060 6GB = GTX 1060
GTX 1060 3GB = What should have been known as GTX 1050 Ti

Of the two you listed, the regular. You can simply overclock the regular a bit to match similar performance.
Heck, with GPU Boost 3.0, you probably won't have to bother overclocking it yourself.

You're saving $20. And I hit 4gb in some games at 1080p. Sold my RX 580 4gb basically for that reason. Also the 6gb is more powerful, added vram aside.

Get the 6gb, it mines faster

I never said it was... the 3 gb model has one of its 10 sm's(execution cores) disabled for a total of 9 sm's.
The shader reduction you're referring to is a result of having one less sm core running than the 6gb model.
So instead of 80TMU's, it's running at 72.
gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2567-official-gtx-1060-3gb-specs-and-sm-disabled

This translates in to a 10% reduction in performance, which is Nvidia's own figure. In real world usage though, it's more like 5%.

Whichever number you go with, be it 5% or 10%, it's still only a difference of 3 to 6fps at the most. So if you're able to run a game at 1080p at 60fps on ultra high detail on the 6gb card, you might only see 57fps on the 3gb card at those same ultra high detail settings.
And you can't tell the difference between 57fps and 60fps, especially on ultra high @ 1080p.

youtube.com/watch?v=gNhvmP8yNE4