WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/5/31/15717534/brutalist-web-design-app-facebook-google-pierre-buttin
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gL9lmAU0A
youtube.com/watch?v=uEmcfTQtQ_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS

The web 2.0 faux-3d icons always looked like cheap shit, just fyi

>implying apple was ever good

>imagine having such a shit taste

>I like glossy glass icons

This reminds me of those terrible music player skins.

Skeuomorphism was a mistake

>flat gradients aren't cheap

Thanks for reminding me how good old iOS looked.

Right > Left #facts

Yes you can. You can downgrade to iOS 6 every device that supported it as long as it has a jailbreak with tfp0 enabled

The only best design

meh i still have an iphone 1g and ipod touch 1g that i use as a music time capsule and skeumorphism aint that got.. > ios7 is more polished

Different design trends. Designers will eventually get fed up with Flat UI and move on to something else.

MIPS for bitmaps and vector graphics for everything else is how it all should have been from the start.

>1g

I legit miss some of the skeuomorphic elements.

Also, win 98 had the best interface.

> abreviating first gen
> i have absolutely no idea what you are implying sir

Right looks like some shitty Flash game on miniclips

WHY NOT HAVE THE FUCKING CHANCE TO USE THE THEME YOU FUCKING WANT?

EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO GO A CUSTOM ONE YOU CAN MAKE YOURSELF?

Flat looks way better

Flat turns me on! ~

skeuomorphism a shit
we're moving toward brutalism now tho, flat ui might look as dated in a bit
although it isnt as radical a change as skeuo to flat was

>all those 4 billion colors
>to show only two of them

So left pic is depressing to look at, right?

>being able to customize in any way your device that you paid for
That kind of thinking is not what apple is about.

>what is a jailbreak

i love winterboard / glaskart ... its just the cydia substate chaned every ios release and then the tweaks took months to work again... it was a real pain in the ass but worth it to have something different ... i had a black version of this... actually might give it another try on my 6s thisafternoon desu :)

it's odd how as the displays went up in res, the UI assets just became simpler and flatter even though the skeuomorphic icons would really pop on IPS due to the finer detail

goddamn you Jony Ive.

I wish Tim would grow some balls.

Apple is the only one that gets the flat design style right. Microsoft and google's new designs look like garbage. Even then wish would could go back to the early 2000s 3D and glass stuff.

So fucking ugly.

install diferent launcher asshole

Do you even know who he is?

Microsoft has already moved on.

Left one looks like shit. I never considered buying an iPhone until they changed it.

while flat doesn't look the greatest, I think its the best option as a default theme because its the easiest to keep elements uniform. back in the day on iOS even if the default design looked nice there was no design consistency among third party apps so it looked really fucking bad.

Looks like any other cheap mid-2000s chinkshit

Sh

that designer is a retard, he almost could've done it right but went off to make "brutalism lmao" jokes instead
it doesn't simplify forms right, and those borders everywhere? come on.

we're moving toward PURE TEXT PURE CONTENT interfaces
black on white text only, or white on black, even less useless chrome.
everything, every single piece of text will be actionable
apple and samsung are leading the way, and who would've thought that touchwiz would actually be better than stock android now
apple has cleanest layouts, and samsung is moving towards using the text instead of ambigious icons

of course, windows phone 7 pioneered such interface and it's still the best

it's like he wanted to strawman this to say shit like "see this? simple design is bad!" because he purposedly made terrible visual decisions
ok, ok, I get it, it's a meme brutalism where "everything must be square and with a thick ass outline introduced to make everything look ugly despite it making no sense "

I like poo poos

Too many images, replace those contact thumbnails with letters.

wow iOS is almost windows phone aesthetic with that dark theme... i like it ... also might save some battery on an oled

What's your favourite colour?

They literally changed the mobile industry.
I remember playing on a gameboy emulator for the first iphone. Shit was magical

that looks bad fyi

Fucking hated that UI on my first gen Win7 HTC HD7 too much padding and wasted space plus the whole horizontal scrolling thing never did it for me

WHEN THE BLACKS WHERE SLAVES

you would hate this article:
theverge.com/2017/5/31/15717534/brutalist-web-design-app-facebook-google-pierre-buttin

if this is what brutalist ux design turns into i will be seriously pissed off

we need shit more like on brutalistwebsites.com

Brutalism is off-putting to normies. That reason alone is enough for it to never go mainstream.

That's a stupid decision and I wish it would go away.
First letters there don't give you new or meaningful information. Neither do random colors.
Thumbnails make contacts more glanceable and recognizeable.

If there's anything to remove in that picture, it's the arrows next to the relative date. And that edit button, it's stupid both in it's placement and function, it offers you to select multiple conversations and mark them as read or delete them, which could be done through tapping the thumbnail or long press/3d touch. You also could replace that icon with text.

Who the fuck started the circular avatar trend anyway? There is no way to make them not look hideous.

it's already being used by some normieish websites-- see vice news and bloomberg. it's only off-putting if it's done poorly

WTF. That shit just suddenly came out of nowhere.

I can see it working for contest with a serious tone. But I wonder how women especially would prefer an iPhone with that.

Oh, and the list dividers. Duh.

I know, I've seen it, that's why I said it plays out like a strawman and a joke. It doesn't offer better design, which could be done with a right approach and use of that idea. I hate that cocksucker.

Yeah, sorry mate, but it's now a fundamental part of some design languages, if not all of them. "People are not square", shit like that. Even MS has adopted that.
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that such types of items - people, artists, and other things like apps and content just don't get presented together in a mix. It doesn't remove any ambiguity.
It does look more "harmonious" and self-contained though.

>wasted space
I wish I could fill all that wasted space in your mouth with my dick.

'CAUSE NOW THE GUILT IS ALL MINE

i hate the internet's new found fascination with "brutalism" as an aesthetic, because it's 100% completely wrong.

If anything it's some new form of neo-modernism that takes some ideals from brutalism, but generally falls more into the modernist and post-modernism set of ideals.

Brutalism is 1000% utilitarian in design, almost to a fault. in UX design it would look nothing like all the websites that claim to be designed based off of it's principals. Honestly the closest thing to true brutalism is , as barring certain elements (like the circular avatars and bold, over designed headers) it still boils down to function first and form second.

So something like this spotify redesign is the closest thing to accurate really.

hell, craigslist is "brutalist".
one could argue that mobile wikipedia is (it's actually better than normal version now, even on desktop).
you wouldn't normally call instagram brutal, but it's design is very, very clean. google is very clean as well, if you hate rounded corners that much you can disable border-radius everywhere
did you really never notice that?

the "brutalist" concept is a sham anyway, mainly because it isn't even a proper concept

for the record, this is the highest point of meme brutalism

that with a black background was what i running in 2011.. thats old its improved alot

NIGGERS NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT

Downgraded from 9.3.5 last night.
Couldn't be happier.

>diagonal text
Fuck that. (that fucking prick oh my god)

Okay, you know what, I'm actually angry enough to do it myself.

I'd really like to have it display full album name, because even though scrolling text is a convenient solution, it's user-hostile and annoying. Eh, anyway. It's the source that is diplayed there, be it a mix, an album or a playlist, so maybe it makes sense to place it there, and not down below the track name and artist. You could, though, but then you'd get album name spelled out twice quite often. Their system is more about individual tracks with less regard to albums, it kinda feels like that. Also, it could be just redundant information as the album art is there.
You don't need "more" button, both the track name and artist name should be actionable by themselves.
>devices available
Well, now what? Which devices are? What can I do about it? The fuck.
I know I'm kinda disregarding spotify's device system, but you're just casting your music anyway.

is brutalism like forced 2000s era website tier design? thats horrible.

I actually love classic windows minus the gradients

the original is better desu
i doubt text in place of icons will ever catch on for apps

google's flat is really inconsistent. some of it looks like dogshit and some of it looks fine

You can't argue that diagonal text and borders are better.
It might. Not all of them, like search icon, but text could replace fucking paper airplanes, boxes with arrows going in all directions and shit.

nah by original i meant the current actual spotify app
yeah that verge shit is trash

>First gen
>Implying

Even that site is filled with nothing but overdesigned crap. Websites should frankly all look like drudgereport.com.

I'm more concerned about phone security than how the UI looks.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gL9lmAU0A

or

youtube.com/watch?v=uEmcfTQtQ_4

I remember having a 1G iPod Touch and jailbreaking it. I think it was running iOS 1, and you had to visit a site in Safari to jailbreak it.

Good times.

this is objectively false because jailbreaking was a long a tedious process until the website jailbreak.me was released around the time of the iPhone 4

Both are pretty shit but iOS7 is less shit.

You can disable the gradients by setting the same color on the right and on the left.

>she likes those awful disgusting glossy icons and glass everywhere

>MS Paint mockups being used unironically
>Design is actually post-modern but insists on calling it "brutalism" for indie cred

Why are nu-males so fucking dumb?

christ I fucking hope so but I've started doubting my ability to predict anything lately.

don't underestimate the abilities of shit web designers to take a trend and run it into the ground.

Touchscreens were a mistake

>98
>Not ME
Oh god and the different sounds, maximum comfy.

a e s t h e t i c

everything used to be so sharp and clear
CRTs were unironically superior in terms of black levels, contrast, and general picture quality
now the Jews ahve convinced retards to buy shitty LCD panels with like 10:1 contrast ratios and every OS has a flat UI with "muh divergence" tablet integration and other such bullshit, even Linux
fucking kill me now

AMOLED screens are superior to LCD, but
>burn in

kys

>where
are you sure you want back in the fields ?

Flat design looks fine when it's done right, but iOS 7 objectively looked like shit

I really dont like flat. It's effectively the same as textured, but uglier.

>You can't argue that diagonal text and borders are better

Like fuck they are. Properly designed icons convey their meaning instantly and are compact. Your retarded meme text crunched together on a handheld device is not. Brutalism is fucking retarded, even cavemen were not this fucking stupid.

Short single words are just as easily and quickly recognizeable as icons.
Also, mostly you don't actually "read" the word letter by letter, but recognize it by it's shape as a whole.
If the icon is some uncommon, nonstandard bullshit it will actually take more time to understand it, leading to frustrations like "the fuck does that thing mean", deciphering these fucking designer hieroglyphics. (Or you fucking long press or hover to see a tooltip to fucking read what the button does when it could've had it just spelled out right there instead of icon.)
Look, I'm not saying we should replace all the icons with text, but in some cases designers really should've just done that instead of coming up with some incomprehensible monstrosity.

Anyone has that screenshot of macfags saying leaked screenshots of iOS 7's UI were bullshit because they thought it looked like shit and Apple wouldn't adopt flat design?

i have this one :^)

i like it

The first iPhone was 2g, because it only connected to the (already outdated at the time) 2g mobile networks.

Don't look now but youtube is now brutal.

lmao
that pure red color pick is something, though

Subconscious advertising for YouTube Red

>>/out/