Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1kMW4G9VuA
youtube.com/channel/UC2eYFnH61tmytImy1mTYvhA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=omqLU53it40
youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7vDZpniNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no but he's not the worst

No, AvE is /ourguy/

He's alright. I wish he would do less unboxings and more oddware and tech tales.

someone posted his juicero video on /ck/ and I started watching his channel. I don't understand most of what he talks about but hes really fucking good at being a stereotypical canadian. I've also started saying son of a diddly

He's North Carolinian.

I was going to say no, but given the technical skill of Sup Forums... maybe.

same thing

>AvE
>/Our/guy

You faggot do not know shit and simply believe in him cause he sounds right even though he has a disclaimer.

He has a family and Grand children things you faggots will never do.

He goes outside in hikes, he travel the world. All shit u don't do.

He's fun to watch every so often.

Not amazing though.

This isn't /r9k/ fucktard, there's plenty of people here with families and jobs.

That particular video bugged me actually because he went out of his way to get old mechanical hard disks for that old thinkpad, I understand wanting to keep it original but considering how old those drives where it would make life easier to just use a compact flash card especially if your going to be using it a fair bit

well don't you want to be the guy? have something to aspire to?

He disgusts me. Hoarding garbage is a sickness.

Maybe if you're one of those retarded casual hipsters that won't shut the fuck up about their base spec PMMX 300 series shitpad like it's some kind of one-in-a-million collector's item. Why are these pieces of shit so overhyped? Is it really that hard to find a good 700 series system?

It's not like they're really all that failure prone or anything unless you treat them like shit, most of the duds died out forever ago and a CF card isn't really going to be that convenient compared to a network solution or just using a PCMCIA secondary/callunacard.

What are you even going on about?

300 series systems are overhyped, can you not read?

>XD
No.

>installs a new HDD and wipes it with a paper towel
>U GUYZ IM TOTALLY RESTORING THIS LAPTOP
>HURR WOOD GRAIN

Are they? I've met neither.

hey he probably ordered a new RTC battery for it too

Oh damn, my bad.

This. His tech related videos are kino as fuck to watch at lunch. It's like watching Forgotten Weapons, but tech related.

This particular video actually kind of pissed me off.
All he did was replace the hard drive and wipe it down.
He said it himself, "superficially clean".

>lazy in his channel's name
>muh hard work

The fuck you want nigga? It was essentially in working order to begin with.

No, clive is our guy. Fuck off

HA.

He also installed win95 and showed it running some games?

What were you expecting?

KEK

Truth in advertising, user.

People here were getting the pitchforks out when the PC AT video came out, and now he's /ourguy/... If there's anything to take from this, it's that on Sup Forums, Nobody's Ever Happy™

What niche tech will you obsess over after you lose your sense of taste and never have the ability to enjoy food ever again, Sup Forums?

his last video made me fall asleep to the thought of owning wm-dd9.
FUCK

That thing he does with his fingers when he touches something bothers me. Kind of like a shuffling/molesting motion.

>restoring
LGR sold out years ago

That video was as heart warming as watching Jesus save a puppy from a burning orphanage

Sup Forums is far too angsty to get a solid stable opinion from

Fuck this guy. He steals ideas from databits and gets away with it. Plus everything he makes videos about gets more expensive every time he uploads them. Oh, and he doesn't know shit about technology, he doesn't even know how to solder, ffs.

No. This is our guy:
youtube.com/watch?v=C1kMW4G9VuA

And so is this guy:
youtube.com/channel/UC2eYFnH61tmytImy1mTYvhA/videos

No, he's /diy/

>Restoring a 1997 IBM ThinkPad 380XD

>XD

Cancer.

/ck/ has Jack
Sup Forums has DSP (and LTG)
who does Sup Forums have? Logan and Pistol?

>>XD
>Cancer.
'XD' is actually the name IBM gave this model, you fucking moron.

ahahahahahaha

B A I T E D

ahahahahahaha

>resturingus a muh ibm
>toothbrush this shit with vinager and its done
No.

>IBM
>XD
>Cancer
I always knew thinkfags were cancer all along.

Clive is gay though, so most of 4chins already hates him.

I really enjoy his thrifts. He's convinced me to go out to Goodwill, and I've found some neat shit there.

>actually fell for the bait

Is he?

Yes? I thought this was common knowledge? It's not he parades it around his channel, so I suppose it'd be hard to tell.

*not like

>Video titled "repair".

I dont know... FIXING something that is broke.

ITTFami.
youtube.com/watch?v=omqLU53it40

No, he's pretty neo-Sup Forums though. Hipster and kinda dumb about his hobby, etc.

>>Video titled "repair".
no it's not

What's the hype with LGR recently?
His channels is years old, nobody has given a shit.
His videos are Wikipedia presentations for the most part. He mostly makes money off of his videos and patreon, no real work.
He's a wannabe retro faggot. He doesn't know actually much about the hardware/software, mostly jerking off to old hardware because "I was 4 years old when I saw this at my relatives house, muh nostalgia" and then when he shows something he goes: "Uhghgagaha tis maeks meh happpeh!"

Also hes a fat/chubby manchild and got cucked by PUS.

What's more to talk about?

No, he is Sup Forums's guy. Now go suck some more Jew cock and play manchild video games.

>What were you expecting?
Full teardown and proper cleaning, maybe with a full recap?

>Also hes a fat/chubby manchild and got cucked by PUS.
anyone still have the PUS blog entries where she talks about him? or even internet archive links?
I should have fucking saved them, that was some hilarious shit

>green crocs
yup, literally me

I don't know who any of those people are.

Whatever the title was, what he did wasnt it.

I wasnt loading the page again to give him another view.

>i was just pretending to be retarded :*)
Bait or not, you still deserve to be skinned alive.

He seems to irrationally piss off the literally autistic manchildren of Sup Forums, so he must be doing something right.

>man makes pleasant video talking about an old laptop
>Sup Forums users have autistic shitfits

>Restoring an I Thinkpad
>Proceeds to restore an IBM Thinkpad
Gee user, really makes you think

He pisses of Sup Forums because he is the manchild.

Shouldn't Sup Forums relate to him then?

To answer the question. I'd obsess over 3D printers, and old Sun computers.

>PUS
Who? What happened?

No, Sup Forums is normie central now.

>Sup Forums larper as he has a family larping being/g/

PushingUpRoses, a "nerdy" chick with daddy issues, the "love interest" of LGR.
LGR has tried to move on her since forever, but he's always in the friend zone because PUS likes to just screw around with "real men".

There where blog posts on PUS blog years ago, before LGR became popular, they are removed now, they made Clint (LGR) seem pretty darn pathetic.
There are some pretty awkward videos still what they have made together, where LGR goes like: "Eh...yeah...uh, I like didn't know you hard a boyfriend".

>hard
had*

Do you have brain damage?

you must be the fun of the party

>defending a shitty, barely Sup Forums related thread

Is that buzzfeed?

yeah, got it from tumblr

Hi Sup Forums

Bullshit

That isnt restoring.

What he did would be like me buying a dusty piece of furniture that is a little wobbly at goodwill, wiping it off, tightening a screw, and saying I "restored it".

I fucking cleaned it.

Of course user
I have a ED, not an XD

>"THAT'S NOT RESTORING REEEEE HE CLEANED IT"
Did you skip over the parts where he replaced the CMOS battery, hard drive, nipple, and a fresh install of Windows? I mean, for a restoration it was pretty minimal but it was still more than just spraying stuff and wiping it with a cloth.

those are all easily removable components that were designed to be user-serviceable, maybe it's a "restoration" if you really want to be that way but it's still giving him way too much credit for just buying some shit from ebay and burning a CD, even I don't jerk myself off that hard

this is a real restoration:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7vDZpniNI

I've watched a fair amount of this dude's videos. How does he come off as a hipster?

>XD

fuck off

Yeah, the joke's already been done like seven times already in this thread. Good job trying hard to fit in, though.

I know xD

>How does he come off as a hipster?
>Literary a manchild with minimal knowledge of tech and old hardware/software in a hobby about old hardware/software and mostly "muh it's cool"
literary hipster

I like how the definition of "hipster" changes every week or so. It's like "meme" and "botnet". Dude isn't anything remotely close to a hipster. He's just a guy who grew up during a specific period of computer history and has a sentimental attachment to it. If that's all it takes to be a hipster, then I'm one as well. You probably are, too.

>He's just a guy who grew up during a specific period of computer history and has a sentimental attachment to it.
he's 28
he didn't know up with most of the shit he shows in his videos, except the occasional "I remember when I was 5 years old and played Doom on my relative's computer"
he has no nostalgic feelings to IBM PCs he's jerking off to so much, they came out 10 years before he was even born
that's literary hipster, he played it off as nostalgia, instead it should be just curiosity

He bass boosts his voice and it's really annoying

oh god
don't even remind mem

fucking cringe/10

THIS
I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed that

LGR is for childlike glee and stolen nostalgia.