What are you using now that uBlock is fucking broken on Firefux lads?

What are you using now that uBlock is fucking broken on Firefux lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

adguard.com/en/adguard-adblock-browser-extension/overview.html
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest-beta/ublock-origin/addon-607454-latest.xpi?src=dp-btn-devchannel
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im using my brain and downloading the webext version from gorhills gitbub page

Iridium

works fine on waterfox

just reinstall it you brainlet

I have used the Internet since it first existed. I never used UUCP, though occasionally I sent emails to addresses that involved transmission via UUCP.

I am careful in how I connect to the internet. Specifically, I refuse to connect through portals that would require me to identify myself, or to run any nontrivialnonfree Javascript code. I don't mind giving an identity that isn't really me, if that works.

I often connect in a person's home. Thepersonof course knows who I am, but that does not bother me. What I would object to is putting my identity in a database that can be searched. I prevent that by changing my mac address at each location.

I am careful in how I use the Internet.

I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git://git.gnu.org/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

I occasionally also browse unrelated sites using IceCat via Tor. Except for rare cases, I do not identify myself to them. I think that is enough to prevent my browsing from being connected with me. IceCat blocks tracking tags and most fingerprinting methods.

I never pay for anything on the Web. Anything on the net that requires payment, I don't do. (I made an exception for the fees for the stallman.org domain, since that is connected with me anyway.) I also avoid paying withcredit cards.

I would not mind paying for a copy ofan e-bookormusic recordingon the Internet if I could do so anonymously, and it were ethical in other ways (no DRM or EULA). But that option almost never exists. I keep looking for ways to make it exist.

Ublock Origin.

How does this shit even happen? Was it a pozilla fuck-up? Gorhill seems to take his code seriously enough so I doubt it was his fault

REINSTALL IT

Still broken. Sup Forums ads are auto playing audio and video. Kill me.

I'm running Firefox 55.0.3 and uBlock 1.13.10, what I'm supposed to see? The extension still seems to work as expected.

Works fine for me on Nightly.

Broke on my Waterfox, have to run the old version until it's fixed.

Either the icon disappears or is unresponsive, no ads blocked either.

>Using add-ons

>Not having a dedicated ad blocker hardware.

The lastest ublock update is broken.
Use 1.13.8 and disable addon auto-updates.

>tfw too much of a brainlet to use umatrix

ublock origin works for me. icecat 52.1.0

AdGuard
adguard.com/en/adguard-adblock-browser-extension/overview.html

You guys don't use origin? What's wrong with you?

Issue is native to Firefox 55. It's apparently fixed in version 56. Apparently uninstalling, quitting FF, and then reinstalling it fixes it for some. Otherwise you gotta use 1.13.8.

Who remembers Ad Muncher?

It's Sup Forums. They also use thinkpads and mechanical keyboards. They're stuck in the 90s. Bunch of old graybeards.

Works for me on Firefox 55.0.2

Chrome. I should have switched earlier.

Ublock on Opera.

It literally functions on my device, I don't see ads on Youtube, Sup Forums or anywhere. Maybe I'm just extremely lucky.

>glorified hosts list
Lmaoing at your life.

>He doesn't have his Intel me cpu run a dedicated ad blocker

github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

>he doesn't use pi-hole

Works on my machine.

If on Windows, utilize this with Acrylic DNS Proxy's hosts file along with all known Microsoft telemetry IPs, as Acrylic can block even the IPs hardcoded into Windows that Windows' hosts file ignores.

>still just a glorified hosts list
Still lmaoing at your life. The only way to block ads embedded into the page is by using extensions.

Simply using ublock origin no longer works.

But Adnauseam(which has built in ublocker) works for some reason.

Weird.

>What are you using now that uBlock is fucking broken on Firefux lads?
52 ESR. Everything Just Werks. :^)

I will wait for ffox57 stable release like a normal person. the nightly one has issues

the adblock that is included in my VPN

Ad Nauseam

uBlock Origin. git gud.

0,4$ has been deposited to your referral accounts.

The latest beta fixes this
addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest-beta/ublock-origin/addon-607454-latest.xpi?src=dp-btn-devchannel

Stop using Firefox

I fucking wish

>have router firewall doing the blocking
>youre in a hurry, doing something important, when you notice that the site is broken because resource x doesnt load
>you have to either ssh into your router and disable the firewall, losing all of your protections
>or inspect the source code of the website, find out which domain needs to be unblocked, ssh into your router, find the entry for that domain and remove it
vs
>use ublock
>click on stuff
>ez

It's still working for me

adnauseam

Chrome

A non shit browser.

>works for me, but for some reason blocks me from opening Sup Forums images in a new tab

NoScript, It kind of already does UBlocks job.

It's not broken

I just use IceCat with javascript disabled.

just use the dev channel of the extension

this. didn't even notice it disappear until i saw this thread.

also ABP. because i'm a retard who likes uB's "right click to block element feature", while wanting to keep ABP's "here's a URL of every single element and script on this page"

the old version of ublock.

what the fuck? what's with all the dumbfuck niggers who think you have to have the latest shit?

stop upgrading you fucking NIGGERS

>he uses shitty old versions that can't block all of the ads

>ABP's "here's a URL of every single element and script on this page"
uBlock has a similar logger

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases

>open pfsense webinterface
>whitelist domain
>???
>profit

uMatrix and I like it.

I hope you succeed, Richard

what the fuck are you talking about?

what nigger told you that you need the latest version to block ads? are you a fucking nigger monkey?

i have ublock origin installed and its working like a charm

>fucking nigger monkey

You're laying it on a bit too thick, dear boy.

Wow, so there's auto updating lists and websites function perfectly fine with no issue?

it blocks all scripts by default, you can then pick which script you allow execution.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works.

I installed it again following the latest update and it works fine

Wats wrong with a host file?
I use it to block ads in Skype and Spotify. Just werks.

So all websites don't work automatically, and require tweaking?

That's like saying a vacuum cleaner works the same as a Roomba.

It works on Edge, so I switched to it

Better than Chrome at least...

Waterfox

edge fucking sucks. keep being in denial

for one, you can't add wildcards for subdomains

for example, if you want to completely block access to cnn.com, you can't add *.cnn.com to
your hosts list since it doesn't work

you have to add www.cnn.com, edition.cnn.com and all the other variations
and you have to do that for every other site you want to block access to

Literally just disable and re-enable it

Disabling and re-enabling fixed it immediately.

You're just dumb.

You can do this at the DNS server level, though. For instance, I have my pfSense router running Unbound, so I can set anything with the domain cnn.com to be resolved from the DNS server at 0.0.0.0.

you can further customize your web experience, thus making it safer or more effective for you

how i do dis

help

i am retarded

Doesn't work for everyone. I did that, uninstalled, restarted FF, and reinstalled. Nothing. I had to go back to 1.13.8

My has updated and I don't even have the problem.

This. A 5 second reinstall completely fixed the issue. On one of my machines it was being pesky but when I deleted the cache it started working properly as well.

uBlock origin on palemoon

Still works on my Cyberfox machine

Here it is still blocking ads on Nightly.
Get your shit together OP.

I tried everything that's been outlined so far. It doesn't work.

1.13.8 does, however.

Try deleting your cache folder manually. That worked on one of my computers.

Icecat doesn't have this problem

W A T E R F O X
A
T
E
R
F
O
X

Palememe

If you weren't a stupid piece of shit, I wouldn't have to shut your mouth for you.

How does decentraleyes work? In my previous setup I blocked google ajax which is needed for a lot of courses on codeacademy and instead included a link to the official jquery site. Now if I activate decentral eyes could I unblock google ajax and it would load a local copy of jquery instead?

You're trying way too hard kid. Making me physically cringe because I used to be the same way.

Don't want to bother opening a new thread for this.
Is anyone else having trouble opening direct links of images with uBlock?
It just opens an empty tab, the image is loaded but won't display. Whitelisting/deactivating does jack, only real solution is to completely disable uBlock and restart FF.
I don't use any filterlists besides the default ones and have no custom filtering in place.

Don't know but I on rule34hentai whenever I try to open an image in a new tab, the tab force closes itself. I just assumed it was the dev up to his old tricks again with fucking with users who use any kind of adblock. Eventually I was able to get the tab to stay open but I just get some kind of site error.

Gorhill is trying to do some complicated shit to make uBO for Firefox webextension, yet he can just simply port over the Chrome version. Wtf?

I was having issues like that on Sankaku and some other sites. It would either give me no image, or not allow me to save it (even Down Them All wouldn't work).

Once I reverted back to 1.13.8, everything was working perfectly like always.