Everything is turning into a subscription (music, photoshop, 1password, other apps)

>everything is turning into a subscription (music, photoshop, 1password, other apps)
>you will never "own" anything

Where did it all go so wrong?

You should read das Kapital. It's explained in that book.

Truth is you don't really need to own them, the real problems are:
- the price that adds up over time and it will be bigger than a one-time payment
- it needs a verifiable subscription and an internet connection
- it will be harder to get stuff for "free".

>Owning things that become obsolete as they hit the market

>Truth is you don't really need to own them

until the subscription runs out, then you do. IDIOT FUCK YOU IDIOT FUCK YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN YOU DUMB KID

>being this mad

More money for the devs and more convenience for us.

paying $5,000 in software licenses vs paying $20/month

In most cases you'll only need the software for a year or two anyway.

>having a early adopter license for 1pass
:D

That's why I'm still using ancient software for some tasks. Paint Shop Pro 7 is still perfectly viable and only needs a key.

mein negger

>>>/tumblr/

Fuck off Julian

We thought we had to worry about what Orwell warned us about, turns out we should have been worrying about what Huxley warned us about.

At least the silver lining is that we get the newest version and don't need to repurchase photoshop, etc?

>you were born just in time to join antifa and smash liberalism

make your own

That's a good start, but OP won't truly understand until he's listened to Strasser's speeches.

you never owned anything, you were merely given permission to use it, the medium is irrelevant

advertising as a revenue model is dying, so this is the result

>what is renting?

luckily my vinylz will be safe

This is why you pirate expensive software and music.

Because you didn't listen

Omg youre so fucking edgy man!!!!!!!!!

because companies want to stay alive
subscription is the virtual mass production and planned obsolesce

>everything is turning into a subscription
not everything, but many things, unfortunately.
Although there ARE people that would like to see EVERYTHING turned into a subscription.Your car, tools, clothes, everything.
Just don't buy into that model as long as you can. And support the competition.

>music,
you can still buy music.
Don't support the subscription services.

>photoshop,
Decent alternatives do exist and I don't mean gimp.
Do not rent adobe software. They should just die already so something better can take their place.

>1password,
find alternatives

>other apps
find alternatives

>you will never "own" anything
Only if you let them take it away from you

>join antifa
lol

>You can still buy music.
You sure as hell don't own it. The RIAA is simply allowing you to listen to it and make copies for personal use.

>i want to freeload
>i'm a waste of space
>i'm a millennial hear me roar

get a job ya bum, i pay for a few subscriptions and only pay around 25 a month all together, that's as much as my phone bill. it's not even a lot compared to your anime dolls

But user, this isn't exclusive.
This isn't even a competition.

USA is not the whole world

Price doesn't add up. Take music for example. How much would the hundreds of new singles that come out monthly cost to buy at a dollar or two each, compared to a few dollars a month for the subscription?

I've seen this reddit comic (the one about Huxley and Orwell) reposted here like 10 times already.

Depends on what the content is. Buying Photoshop CS6 will pay itself off compared to the subscription bullshit after a few years.