Someone recommended I use 2015 LTSB over 2016

Someone recommended I use 2015 LTSB over 2016.

Is there any good reason for why?

Wouldn't 2016 be more secure and shit?

Any input appreciated.

Does LTSB actually have most Windows 10 garbage disabled?

If your desktop is an ATM or a very limited hardware machine that should stay online all the time and barely touch 2015 LTSB is the best option, good luck friend.

Isn't it enterprise that you're supposed to use? LTSB has botnet that can't be disabled now. Or do I have that in reverse?

>windows 10
>secure

>Is there any good reason for why?
Less bloated than regular windows. Quicker and doesn't update at all.
>Wouldn't 2016 be more secure and shit?
Ubuntu would be more secure than this shit. You still get security updates.
>Does LTSB actually have most Windows 10 garbage disabled?
A lot of it is cut out.
>Isn't it enterprise that you're supposed to use? LTSB has botnet that can't be disabled now. Or do I have that in reverse?
Enterprise has better policy options and "respects" your right to turn off telemetry.

>windows 10
>respecting your rights

2015 is just an older build before the anniversary update.
If you want the features and bug fixes from after the anniversary update, i dont see why you would still need to be on 2015. just use 2016.

yes

Enterprise versions have to enforce no data out due to the nature of corporate security, you flat-chested anime abomination.

What software do you need ir for?

>flat chest
>bad
you take that back right now

use 2016 LTSB

you have it in reverse.

with 2016 LTSB version is a lot better for gaymin/general usage due to it not having all the bloatwares like Cortana and appstore, it take about 5-10min disable the other telemetry craps after installation.

Is there a guide for this?

Also can you still install Windows Store exclusive programs despite not having Windows Store?

It hasn't been said if Monster Hunter World is gonna be on Steam/

how unsafe is a cracked version (pirate Bay)?
should I just buy a code off of ebay?

it's windows. what else do you think?
you're getting a virus either way so why pay for it?

OP Install LTSB 2015 because 2016 version have more shit and botnet there.
That is why people always say that less your windows is updated, it will have less microsoft shit out there.

I tried both and in LTSB 2016 services like explorer.exe and svchost is constantly trying to make connection so I need to block them with tinywall while in 2015 these microsoft services are disfunctional and don't make any connections.

Bonus:
In LTSB 2015 you have option to turn telemetry options to off while in 2016 you can only turn to security options.But I am not sure how true is this it's probably their attempt to make it clear what are they really collecting.

for activating windows, search VLMCSD (Open source) for activation and don't use any KMSpico or MStoolkit malware.

IT is unsafe entirely, find LTSB ISO hash on Sup Forums archive (fuuka or rebeccablacktech) and activate it using VLMCSD, avoid KMStoolkit and kmspico malware.

why would you need to download a pre-cracked version when it's so easy to crack it yourself?

>Microsoft Toolkit and KMSPico are malware
[citation needed]

>Wouldn't 2016 be more secure and shit?
no. LTSB receives security updates. it's "feature updates" and a bunch of questionable features which are disabled.

They are closed source and they use same techonology like VLMCSD.
Difference is you need to make Virtual Machine and run KMS-server using VLMCSD while MStoolkit and KMSpico are doing automatically.
Problem is MStoolkit and KMSpico is closed source and you will never know what shit is there.
Only tech illiterate are using MSToolkit and KMSPICO

Is Windows Subsystems for Linux (what a fking stupid name) available on LTSB. Also does it work on Surface Pro 4 with proper pen functionality?

There's a zip file out there that a guy made to install Store and Xbox (or just store) if you want. It's just click and run and it only downloads the required packages. Fair warning though, once it installs all the packages it is not possible to uninstall them.

how do I check if I have the 2016 version or the 2015 version?

Check your build version (just open CMD and look at the decimal numbers that pop up in the first message) against the Anniversary update's build number

thank you very much

I use 2016 one, it's fine

>muh closed software on windows

Go back to using arch faggot, if you complain about using closed software on windows you're like the biggest hypocrite ever, most people use windows because for the most part it works without much stress, not because muh ethical and moral high ground

so basically

its the most barebones win10 option you have, even going as far as
>no store
>no appx/UWP nonsense
>just straight win7 tier
>but it if had nothing but IE to begin with
>not even any codecs

unfortunately it still has telemetry and other various forms of nonsense. thankfully you have the option to use the debloat scripts to stop the shitty services.

i went one step further for N LTSB because i want to be autistic

>using LTSB

retard alert, have fun with software incompatibility and crashes

No
Yes

So you are willing to use closed source activator crack from some dude that you never met instead vlmcsd that is easy to activate like kmstoolkit.

Yes Windows is propiertary but that doesn't mean that you should infest yourself with chinese and russian mining programs you fucking cuck.

If you can't activate kms-server then your place is or >>>/reddit/

Only incompatibility you can get on LTSB is using N version.

That is fixable by installing windows media player.

>N
ope

You fucked up

No, you get incompatibility issues with everything. Software, video games, etc. LTSB is meant for custom written software by companies using it.

>kms auto
>muh mining botnet
>he doesn't do it the autistic hard way therefore he's a gaymer
You love projecting like an idiot don't you?
Also if you can't find legitimate non infected closed source cracking software that doesn't mean everything closed source is bad. You probably just got something bonded with malware and you're butthurt about it.

>UWP
>nonsense
The store is nonsense, UWP is not. UWP is honestly the best feature 10 has apart from WSL and I wish more developers would start adopting it.

Name one thing. I tested LTSB on my desktop and everything worked. Drivers, software, games, multimedia, everything.

As I said you can always activate windows with kms-server using vlmcsd and these steps are really easy.
It is better to activate your windows with something that is legit safe 100% than some program made by unknown.
I don't think that closed source are bad and didn't even mention it but having closed source software made by some stranger from internet is really bad and potential security risk.So you are projecting one.
If you think that activating windows with safer solution is stupid then okay but don't complain that someone posted your gf's nude on Sup Forums.

Is it really hard to configure kms-server with vlmcsd? Stop being ignorant and learn if you browse this board.Activating with vlmcsd needs only three commands and 10 minutes to setup virtual machine.

I don't know why more devs aren't adopting it. They're just leaving their users entirely vulnerable.
But fuck that 'no other browsers' nonsense microsoft is using. For some reason they love to sabotage themselves and any good thing they have going.

Do tell. You have my attention
I can still install uwp things and sideload but I have no store or other thingd

The store is comfy though, they should allow it to be separately installed like they do media codecs for N users.

The lack of store means the lack of the one thing I use it for, which unfortunately means I need a VM to do what I normally do, or a second system with pro installed, and I'm not giving in

The store is only useful for me when someone fucked up and deploys a dev/debug version of a game instead of the release one (Killer Instinct did this, Forza horizon 3 had a dev update, stuff like that). It's just funny how frequently they fuck up

Are you fucking retarded?

Let him be, he is fucking retard who don't belong here.

He thinks that shady programs made by some unknown stranger are better than using open source kms emulator, because it is non autistic way to activate Windows.

And somehow having a piece of software that does just that but automatically is bad? Unless you prove it by fully reverse engineering it your argument doesn't stand, the clean version doesn't do any "mining" or other botnet stuff, compare the resources taken and meter the connection between your method and this one click app and you'll realize you're talking out of your ass. If it was so shit it wouldn't be used by so many people, and on top of that you can fully remove it from your machine after the activation.

Also nobody cares about your fucking nude pics phantasy, this is a technology board

Stop using this windows lgbt garbage, it bring nothing to the table and the telemetry is still on.
YOU CAN'T TURN IT OFF UNLESS YOU BLOCK ALL THE FREAKIN MICROSOFT SERVERS.
In standard windows 10 you can delete all windows apps and remove auto update, this outdated version is shit.

>If it was so shit it wouldn't be used by so many people
What a great arguement.
If the majority of people started drinking deadly poison, then you're saying ingesting poison is fine?
Fucking Christ.

Do you realize that people generally are tech illiterate? Did you ever worked as IT technician or Help desk?
So many fucking people are doing a lot nasty shit and download windows 10 from piratebay with name like Windows_10_ltsb_blackh4ck3r_version_10540_clean.iso

I didn't say that having a piece of software that does just that automatically is bad.I am saying that having piece of software made by some stranger that you never met seen or don't belong to any corporation and he closed sourced his software is fucking shady as hell.

Do you know that you can configure kms emulator for fucking 15 minutes(Installing os in vbox and type three fucking command lines)?
This is technology board and every sane person from here would never touch that malware.
I told you this same shit already three times if you can't understund then that is it.I am outta of here and have a good day.

I said many not the majority you dumb shit, most people using 10 buy their keys and pay for it actually.
Lmao, first of all I'm pretty sure the guy /team who makes it are no "strangers" and since they put their names out there they aren't exactly wanting to spread their botnet since it could lead back to them, specially that they're doing it now for years or some shit.
Second of all, if you can't figure out that getting that software from a public tracker instead of a private one where there is way lower risk of having it bonded with some stupid shit is a bad idea then that's not my problem. Just because you see it infected with malware on massive trackers doesn't mean the people who made it did it purposefully.

If you just talk shit on something just to claim your ethical & moral high ground without actual evidence/proof then you're a fucking idiot.

And again, you're complaining about transparency and open software while using windows, how low can you go?

what, you mean like alcohol?

Neither is secure since both are made pre-wannacry and neither includes security patches for those.
Also, security is in the hands of the user.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
-The Reply

Who is "someone?" Credentials? Or do (you) just do whatever the the last random crazy (you) ran into on the Internets told (you) to do?

Let's say I theoretically want to use LTSB. Where do I get an LTSB ISO? Where do I get an LTSB key?

microsoftstore.com

>microsoftstore.com
I don't want to have to pay for it.

You don't sweetie, just enter your credit card information and upon checkout it'll be free.

Your supposed to get Education edition since its the only one without Cortana.

This. Don't use windows, OP.

>Enterprise versions have to enforce no data out due to the nature of corporate security.

This

>cpu vs gpu rendering