April 11, 2017

Was anybody else sad about vista's death?
It was arguably Microsoft's best looking operating system.
It got some shit at launch, but even after\before so, what went wrong?
And why cant you use it in 2017?

> best looking
> not windows 2000

Shit driver support at launch and it being installed on systems that couldn't handle it well.
That's it.

>> best looking
>> not windows 98

>> best looking
>> not windows 3.1

>>> best looking
>>> not windows 10

>> best looking
>> not GNU/linux

i bought a new laptop with vista installed and went on a working trip overseas

it was so comfy.. i still dont get the hate (yeah hardware i know) i think it was just lack of ram and machines at the time ended up hammering the page file on those crappy HDD's mixed with windows wanting to index everything and hammer the HDD too on single core machines was just too much ..

but yeah comfy - pretty - gadgets - just werked for me - i have great memories particulary CCCP on win media player and Opera kicking ass

AFAIK you can still update it. The updates from some Windows Server I can't remember are compatible with it and that version still is supported.

It is the last good Microsoft OS
Windows 7 has the telemetry now and the updates are broken on it.

Vista was the only one good by the end.

Vista was beautiful.

8.1 was the best and most advanced operating system Microsoft ever put out. That was Microsoft at its peak. 7 is overrated because a bunch of baby manchildren were upset about a new UI. Grow the fuck up, 8.1 blows 7 out of the water.

Wanna know why 10 is so sloppy? Because they took 8 and just slapped a bunch of code and .dlls on top of it instead of making a new operating system. That's why it's so broken. Should have just kept improving and updating 8.1

>It was arguably Microsoft's best looking operating system

Keep arguing you fucking faggot

>8.1 blows 7 out of the water.
Do you have actual facts to back that up or are you just shitposting?

>being installed on systems that couldn't handle it well.

Exactly this. They were marketed as "Vista Ready" with only 1GB RAM.

im using it rn lmao

>8.1 looks like a literal kids color tile game
>calls 7 users manchildren

what do you think user?

the only thing 8.1 had over 7 was UEFI boot.

>and windows "apps", but that really doesn't count for much.

7 4lyfe

>slow af

Nah, even the gadgets were worse than its linux counterparts

You can easily block and remove any and all telemetry KB packages in win 7 though (spybot even made a GUI program for this), whereas in win8 and onwards it's practically baked in from the get-go aka mandatory

Updates do take a while thanks to servers being phased out but you can circumvent this easily by manually downloading from the M$ site or using stuff like WSUS/AutoPatcher, if you don't want svchost hogging resources just turn off the update service temporarily

It would be the only Windows OS I would use today. The UAC is batshit insane on it, but it's the closest Windows ever came to creating a relatively safe OS.

Operating systems don't die just because someone tells you to stop using them so you'll buy a new one.

>What are vm's and linux hosts?
>What is joy?

Vista was muh favrit, peak Windows.