/SQT/ - Short/Stupid Questions Thread

Previous Thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

bug.qbittorrent.org
kali.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/kali
addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/quicktab/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is 1920x1080 having the same dimensions as 1360x768?

Anyone knows why I keep getting these messages in Soulseek even though I am sharing my library and have a ton of uploads?

How do I go about finding code monkey work

I want to build a NAS, as cheap as posible in the mobo aspect. So I want to use a C32 motherboard and a Opteron EE processor.
What Linux Distro can I use? I dont want to use FreeNAS. FreeBSD meme is real: They don't play good with AMD, and they don't have drivers.

Don't settle for less, start a project

When I try to open qBittorrent it shows the splash screen for half a second and then if closes.
It is the only client to open multiple magnet links so I can't switch.
I tried reinstalling and restarting.
I'm using Linux Mint KDE

Start it via the terminal and look for any errors in the output.

Catching signal: SIGABRT
Please file a bug report at bug.qbittorrent.org and provide the following information:

qBittorrent version: v3.4.0beta
stack trace:
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : gsignal()+0x38 [0x7f19ba2f6428]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : abort()+0x16a [0x7f19ba2f802a]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 : __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler()+0x16d [0x7f19bac3984d]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 : ()+0x8d6b6 [0x7f19bac376b6]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 : ()+0x8d701 [0x7f19bac37701]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 : ()+0x8d919 [0x7f19bac37919]
qbittorrent : BitTorrent::Session::initResumeFolder()+0x246 [0x54f5e6]
qbittorrent : BitTorrent::Session::Session(QObject*)+0x1cb2 [0x5512f2]
qbittorrent : BitTorrent::Session::initInstance()+0x37 [0x553367]
qbittorrent : Application::exec(QStringList const&)+0x39 [0x4e6709]
qbittorrent : main()+0x3de [0x4de0ae]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : __libc_start_main()+0xf0 [0x7f19ba2e1830]
qbittorrent : _start()+0x29 [0x4e1859]
Aborted

I can't understand it

Is mech keyboards meme?
I want keyboard withouth right side of numpad (compact size) and with 2 (two) cmd (windows key) buttons (on left and right).
Is it too much to ask?
Can't seem to find anything decent... :,(

Is there a Chrome/Brave/Vivaldi equivalent to DownThemAll?

file a bug report. Try downgrading from beta in the memetime.

Thanks, my friend.

Need thermal paste. dont know shit about it. Dont really want to. Suggestions? Its going in a dinosour of a laptop if that makes any difference.

So, I have a mid-range laptop (i5-4200U, 4GB, etc) and I'm running Debian on it pretty well.

Now I need to do stuff in Visual Studio so I'm wondering if this machine can handle Windows 8.1 + Visual Studio running inside a QEMU VM?

What windows 10 version should I go for? Anything but ltsb desu since that shit barely gets updated and I might as well embrace the Botnet

My T450s is running Win10 and is starting to get really slow and misbehaving for some reason. Should I reformat or install unix? Ubunu perhaps?

Just need Chrome and MATLAB

Agnitum Outpost Firewall years ago, used to have an adblock element to it, that blocked ads based on size, whats todays equivalent to block ads as a third party app, not an extension, not hosts file, but a program that runs on the background blocking ads.

1920 / 1080 = 1.777777...
1360 / 768 = 1.770833...

What's a good free retard proof youtube video download firefox addon for my dad?

All the ones I've tried so far require a paid "pro" version to use different options like ripping the audio only for example.

YouTube Center dev build. Adds bunch of other useful features, too.

Does anyone know of a budget laptop that would work well for OpenGL3.3 programming??

>can't install because it's not authorized by firefox

neat

>wanting non standard key layout
>is it too much to ask
Yes

Greasemonkey, bruh. Install as a userscript.

Yeah I did in the end, but I literally had 5 minutes to set it up before heading out and wanted a retard proof 20 second option. Thanks though.

I take TrueCrypt. I choose a folder. I encrypt it. Now anyone can only access it if he decrypts it with TrueCrypt and TrueCrypt must be running to access the folder. Deleting folder is still possible.
I got all this right?

Truecrypt is depecated for veracrypt.
Truecrypt has 2 large vulnerabilites that arent being fixed, because no one manages the source code anymore.
Use veracrypt.

Is it technically impossible for a fanless laptop to have a discrete GPU?

No, external gpu

what are the essential tech stuff that you can buy for cheap?

Yes, I've been expecting VeraCrypt heathens.
But you didn't answer my question.

CVE-2015-7358 and CVE-2015-7359

Or dont be secure

I guess this is the best thread to ask this.
Im looking for speakers for my new flat. The plan is to have them connect to my tv, but still be able to play music trough them (preferably bluetooth but aux works too). Do I need a separate amplifier to do this or are active speakers enough?
Budget is 400 euros for a pair, less if possible

What should I know if I want to write an imageboard engine? I'm asking this because I know shit of back-end. I don't want anything to do with PHP or JavaScript though.

Thank you for that

Yes, yes, I got this. But that doesn't help me at this moment.

Im not going to help you use insecure software that is a literal harm to your safety if you use it.

But my question wasn't about software? TrueCrypt was just the example of an encryption software?

>I take TrueCrypt.

This is the last one.

Hello, new rig wont POST. I've checked and reseated everything almost twice now. First time building pc maybe I'm missing something. What should I do

>But my question wasn't about software
>I take TrueCrypt.

If you arent talking about software, then what exactly what are you talking about? You're asking software specific questions.

Find red led on motherbaord, reference mobo manual to see what that led means.Diagnose

>almost twice

ASP, wasm and any flat file db framework should get you going in the right direction. Iirc thats what that guy pre-hiro did.

Is Tox encryption acceptable?

Replace TrueCrypt with your beloved VeraCrypt in my question and try reading it again.
inb4: I'm choosing GnuPG

So my defy turns itself off every time you press against the lower right corner of the display, even if only done gently, the screen simply just goes blank and wham it's shut off like that (i also noticed that the touch screen is barely responsive in that area now)

This all started happening approximately after i dropped it the other day on the bathroom floor by accident

Has the battery just come loose (already tried changing it once) or what could cause this? Is it fugged? I'd hate to throw that fucker away, shit served me well the years over and getting it rooted was a pretty herculean process aswell

Try dropping it from approximately the same height on the other side?

How do I make opening in a new tab for everything in Firefox the default behaviour.

I don't mean to open in new tabs what would be open in new windows.

webms aren't working for me on waterfox with important settings and plugins from firefox yet it works just fine in firefox. where did i go wrong?

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but how can I go about upgrading this.
More specifically, I want an SSD and I need more ram, which ones specifically should I get. I don't know good SSDs. I can just get another 2 sticks of the 8 gb ram that I bought.
I just basically need to know a good SSD for this build.

I doubt this will solve my predicament

The end of your post does exhibit an intriguing cominbation consisting of three identical numericals though

How the h*ck would i know, why the fuck are you even responding to my post

Any modern ssd that suits your storage needs

>CPU
Should i reseat the whole cpu? or reapply thermal grease and heatsink

I didn't mean to quote.

Does anyone know any good business card generator website or how to do it manually? Do I have to use Gimp?

Laptops onboard wifi card (802 b/g 2.4GHz) gets faster speed test results than dedicated 802 b/g/n 5GHz USB stick

why is this?

What was that Y2k-like problem that would happen to computers coming up soon? Something to do with Linux clock counters or something, a 1 turning to a 0 somewhere, something that would happen in like 2038?

I don't know what I'm trying to talk about to even google the goddamn issue.

Year 2038 problem
>The latest time that can be represented in Unix's signed 32-bit integer time format is 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, 19 January 2038 (2^31-1 = 2,147,483,647 seconds after 1 January 1970).

After 9 years of using Facebook, I decided to finally get rid of it. I only used it as an instant messenger, and incriminating things have been said. How much data have they collected on me?

Some possibilities:
Onboard runs through PCIe instead of USB
Onboard antenna is better
Your position relative to the router gives 2.4 Ghz superior signal strength

How do you pirate Photoshop these days?
Where can I get it?

I have a folder with files I want to work with and I want it to be encrypted. What should I look into?

Do vpns work differently on smartphones? I use android and they always disconnect when I connect to them. Is this a common thing?

recommended software to use a video grabber (VHS) ?

Okay, so I have a valid Windows 10 burnt to a DVD. i want to install it to a laptop without a tray. Are there any methods to do this.

Also, do any of you actually use Windows 8.1? Is it really that horrible? No, not memeing, if I fail with the Win10, I might as well install an 8.1, if I have no other options.

Pleb here, can't update when using command apt-get update I get this result
Hit:1 kali.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/kali kali-rolling InRelease
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.PackageKit was not provided by any .service files
Reading package lists... Done
W: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file '/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/http.kali.org_kali_dists_kali-rolling_InRelease' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

What's the issue and a quick fix?

Samsung ssds are pretty good

How do I make opening in a new tab for everything in Firefox the default behaviour.

I don't mean to open in new tabs what would be open in new windows.

Middle click

I have three Samsung EVOs (two 256gb, one 1tb), no problems thus far.

External tray or flash drive.

>formatted a 10TB HDD while I had windows on my old 500GB HDD
>reinstalled windows onto SSD
>old 500GB HDD appears in BIOS and Disk Management
>new 10TB HDD appears in BIOS but does not appear in Disk Management even after scanning

wait wtf

>go to add an image to this post
>all of a sudden the new HDD appears in file system and works fine

thanks Sup Forums

I middle click so much that I've messed up that button. Repairing it is out of the question.

Is there an easy way to make the left click behave like the middle click in Firefox?

Oh, wow. Meant to quote the post above yours.

as said

you can use a USB flash drive as long as it's over 4gb capacity

Whats the point of endless scrolling? Why is every website trying to do this?

AutoHotkey, maybe.

I've used before, but too complex for my purposes.

I'm running Fedora 26.

UNLIMITED
INFORMATION

Well, control + left click works, too.

What do you put in the 4chanx section "General"?

Also, this: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/quicktab/

Sup Forums, I installed Win10 in a SSD, my old HDD was actually 2 HDD linked with RAID.

In my new install it doesn't recognize my old HDDs, neither does Parted Magic.

Probably my fault since I changed the Sata connectors to put my SDD in Sata 1, and Hard Drives in Sata 2 and 3. I don't even know if I respected the order they had before, nor know if that does matter in order to fix it.

So, how do I make my old HDDs readable againg?

Yeah. That's what I'm using now.

Neat, but no luck. Not compatible with my version.

You will need to go back in to your bios and change the hdds, they were set to be in raid with headers 0 and 1

>Living on the edge.

1.2 is actually a lot... I might be better off just using Ctrl+LMB

Both of my browsers, firefox and chrome, stopped playing swf I already had downloaded a few days ago yet it'll play swf from websites, how can I get it to play my downloaded swf again? I already tried a few things I found online and tried disabling some of my addons but it didn't work.

It works perfectly fine.

Ok. I'll try it.

Thanks a lot, user.

How do I deal with this meme?

Install linux

I would, if I could get the GPU passthrough meme to work. I'm tempted to give it another shot, though.

Stop using snake oil or

If you are not ready for go full penguinpill just dual boot.

I replaced a damaged screen on a laptop.
What should/can I do with the damaged screen?
Can I just throw it away or does it have to be recycled?