Linux is faster

>Write python program in Linux
>python3 "Filename.py"
>takes 0.9 seconds to run
>do the same in windows
>takes 1.7 seconds
The only reason I still use windows is due to bad support for multiple screens with different resolutions on Linux.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xrandr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>python
that's the problem

>The only reason I still use windows is due to bad support for multiple screens with different resolutions on Linux.
I do not really have a clue but I also have 3 monitors and one of them has a really low resolution (for terminals and shit yo)
Does linux really not support different resolutions at once? I bet my ass this is bullshit but if that is true then I am fucked. After win7 I really need to switch.

One panel is 4k and the other is 1080p. If I enable hidpi mode then most things scale fine on the 4k panel but are oversized on the 1080p one.

Thanks, I guess I have to check if my shit works as soon as possible. I only have two 1080p and one 800x600 (really cute)

>python
stopped reading there

You're a big boy, Pepe

Momey said it was a big boy langue

install gentoo
USE="$USE xinerama"
man xrandr

xinerama is deprecated you twat

>bad support for multiple screens
If the gui option doesn't work as you want it, it is so easy to make a script to set it up the way you want it.
>b-but muh normie experience
If you have a non standard screen setup and can program in python, you shouldn't have a problem writing a script telling what should be next to what.

oh sorry
I haven't used gentoo in years

>bad support for multiple screens with different resolutions on Linux.
Learn to use xrandr.

No, I want to point and click!

Then get a decent DE.

Do you write a lot of data to stdout? Windows console I/O is abysmally slow.

>Python for Linux and Python for Windows are exactly the same code compiled with the same flags

Compiler GCC on windows is old shit, Linux use almost most modern version.

try lxrandr or arandr, also learn to read wiki's or somethign i dont care

No support for solos

Disregarded

Additionally, RandR and Xinerama are totally different things. Yet, the xinerama USE flag often implies "multi-monitor features for Xorg", such is the case for feh, which magically works with setting one picture per screen as a wallpaper when USE=xinerama, under a RandR config.

>If the gui option doesn't work as you want it, it is so easy to make a script to set it up the way you want it.
Where can i learn this fuckery, I'm on Debian with nvidia drivers and I can't get it to work right at all with multiple panels of different resolution

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xrandr

you could use arandr, basically GUI xrandr

anyone have screenshot of that site that was trolled by Sup Forums about this plane?

This?

yeah

>The only reason I still use windows is due to bad support for multiple screens with different resolutions on Linux.
?
use Arandr or directly xrandr you fucking faggot

It is very basic really.
You need to know what the screen is called.
I used to have this buggy system where the screen wasn't removed when I disconnected the monitor and it wasn't placed correctly, so I made this script.
I had a udev rule that listens to changes on my vga port and every time it happens, I ran the script.
(the bug is fixed now, so I don't use it anymore, but it might give you an idea of how easy it is to solve any problem you might have)
Here is a simplified version:
#monitor names
prim="LVDS1"
ext="VGA1"

if (xrandr | grep "$ext disconnected"); then
xrandr --output $prim --auto --output $ext --off
else
xrandr --output $prim --auto --output $ext --auto --left-of $prim
fi

I had some extra stuff in there to toggle between different screen setups, but you get the idea.
If you want to force a specific resolution, you can get the options by calling xrandr without any options and you can set the position by giving the pixels rather than directional settings.
You can read more in the manual