Are sound cards a meme?

Are sound cards a meme?
Is it actually worth to replace realtec ALC887 to something cheap like Audigy 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Plug in your headphones/speakers. Do you hear humming? If yes, get a usb card. Otherwise, no.

No humming but audio always sounded a bit distorted in compare to using the same headphones in a phone.

maybe your computer is playing it correctly and your phone is distorting it

What headphones?

Tried it on diffirent devices as well. Only the PC plays it shitty
Creative Aurvana Live

Now that i checked, there's some noise when any sound is player but its only noticeable on full volume.

I upgraded from integrated Realtec to Xonar D1.
The difference in sound quality is nigh and day.

I upgraded to a Xonar too but when I did I was getting lots of noise that I didn't have with the integrated... What do

I never had this problem.

I got a SoundBlaster Z, but my integrated sound chip wasn't good... they probably make better chips now.

From my personal experience user
I own an H97N from gigabyte.
Always found the audio really average.
Did some researches all channels told me to go with dac/amp bullshit
Purchased a Z200 speaker box because I live in an 3x3 square foot bedroom
The quality of the audio from my shp9500 has increased considerably

So I presume that a dedicated soundcard will also increase by a ton the quality of your Integrated audio. Speaking from simple motherboards

If you own the expensive shit "gayming" ones idk how much it would change but my friend owns an Maximus 5 whatever expensive motherboard

He bought an PCI soundcard from creative sb 1500 he told me that the audio quality is much better than the onboard audio

So I guess that there will be an improvement for sure. The thing that you gotta lookup is if the price is worth it

Pic related is my bst the pic is outdated I own an shp 9500 now

Not really, these days they slap any chip they can find on shenzhen thay fits the specs they put out.

Nice setup.

tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733.html
this blind test says they're a meme, what do you think?

Thanks attached the headphone for proof

>Audigy 2
Yes! Audigy is 10x less noisier than MoBo shit.

I'd say that its not a big diffirence but you have a fucking ALC887.
Literally anything will be better.

Upgrade headphones first, then a sound card. Then fall down the meme slope: replace op amps, buy a dedicated amplifier, and so on and so on.

Heh, you even attached a white stand to the case. Attention to detail.

One more thing to add, unlike fleeting CPUs and GPUs, audio is here to stay with you.

Unless you do recording or have a cinema surround set up, both scenarios that require more physical plugs then yeah they're worth it. Otherwise you're wasting money

Is much better this way than on the table desu
It kept falling Everytime I was reaching the headphone.

Driver support for sound cards is shit

LOL I fixed it