/fag/ Friendly Apple General

>optimizan
>integratan
>just werkan
>feelan good

>/fag/
You cant make this shit up

Apple products are shit

Posting from iPhone 6, still working perfectly, still running well, still getting updates after 3 years.

Feels pretty good man

Apple friends can have a bit of fun at our own expense

Is there a way to get more dynamic wallpapers? I like these default ones, but some variety would be nice.

I'm still hoping for a new Mac mini to be announced at their September event.
Their iMacs lack some features i want so i would prefer to buy a seperate monitor.

Not tech.

i hope apple goes bankrupt

Why?
There's nothing on macos that you can't get on linux.
I'm literally posting this from a mac and I had to install fedora just to get a sane fucking OS to work with.

>There's nothing on macos that you can't get on linux.
lol

>All these buttblasted poor fags on their 10+ year old chinkpads
>mfw my PC is pic related and I plan to buy a fully spec'd macbook pro just to see what it's like
>half considering getting an imac if I like the macbook pro

I really like my iOS devices and want to get a mac, but I have no current use for a laptop and their desktops are a pretty tough value proposition. I like the price and form factor of the mini, but the specs are pretty shitty; I would love a refresh to be $499, 128GB flash ssd, CPU refresh, RAM 8GB RAM. I know it won't happen but I can dream, right?

Linux doesn't have the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.

Oh cool, another "graphics professional" who needs the latest version of photoshop and all the other adobe shitapps to make meme macros.
The older photoshops do the job just fine and they run perfectly in wine.

you don't sound very friendly

Nah just pissed after using macos for a bit to transfer some files.
ended up using the terminal because finder is a heap of dogshit. I'm in linux now so it's all good

What I like about apple is that knowing peoples opinion on the brand is the ultimate filter for technology plebs. You just have too look for anyone that likes it too much or hates it too much.

If you can't appreciate what is good about without getting all revved up or acknowledge the bullshit without going into mental gymnastics you are guaranteed to be a manchild.

What where you trying to transfer?
It's super easy to transfer files with AirDrop on Apple devices.

Excelent screenshot, MacOS will suit you well

Previous thread:

Not posting from phone but I have an iPhone 6 too. Still going strong, no issues. I'm happy with iphones but don't know if i want to spend so much on another one

>uses windows
>downloads hottestnewjustinbieberxdrniggagangstashit.jpg.mpg.HOT.music.album.FREE.tar.exe
>OMG WTF I GET VIRUS
>FUCKING M$!!!111
>goes out and buys a macbook
>max r SO secure and KEWL!!!11 no VIRUSES xD

>uses android
>downloads tottalyfreehotnewgameforabsolutelyfree.lol.nojoke.completelyfree.notavirus.apk
>OMG WTF MY PHONE GET VIRUS
>goes out an buys ishit
>PHEW im so glad apel treats me like a toddler and doesnt let me install or do anything, freedum is too dangerous xDD

Why do technology illiterate apple users come to Sup Forums at all?

About 2000 image files, I also found no easy way to convert them to a pdf and batch resize all of them without it taking two hours and the fan going fucking crazy.
Also the transfer would also fail midways about 3 times, infuriating.

meanwhile on linux I was able to do all that using just cp and imagemagick.
It was from a flash drive not another applel device.
Macos is cute for browsing and maybe watching videos or whatever, but trying to do anything beyond that is maddening.
Can you explain why finder doesn't show your home folder and just shows you the downloads folder? Why doesn't it have a directory up button? Why doesn't it have a "open in terminal" option for complex file management? and why the FUCK isn't the trash folder in the favorites, but all the way on the dock?
And why the fuck are the settings so scattered? Why aren't ALL the mouse options under the fucking mouse menu in the settings?

How the fuck do you people put up with this asinine shit? And here I thought fucking gnome was bad...
Their hardware is nice and I love the battery life, everything can just fuck off though.

Also the only "apps" that let you see CPU and fan speed on macos are paid. Unless I'm wrong there doesn't seem to be an lm_sensors equivalent
What a fucking joke

What?
You can set up the Finder in many diffrent ways.
To open a file with a specific app just right click and choose Open with.

How long does a full charge last you?

>Because they aren't anime fags like you

I'm waiting too. My 2010 macbook air 11" is on its last legs and I want a cheap replacement. It's laughable that they even sell the mac mini at that price point right now with the shitty 3 year old specs it has!

>i got scammed buying an overpriced pile of shit
>i'm hoping to get scammed again

rly maeks u thnk...

Bullshit. I use my 5s for nothing but texting and light internet browsing and it's battery life is currently 40mins.

How did i get scammed?
I don't really need great performance in a computer for what i do, the only reason i want to upgrade my current 2012 Mac is because the graphics card isn't capable of outputting at 4K or 5K.
I know i could simply replace the graphics card in an upgradable PC but i don't really want to use Windows or Linux, buying a Mac every 5 years isn't too bad.

That's not the same as opening a directory in the terminal
And there doesn't seem to be an easy way to display dotfiles

see

iMacs are great. Do it.

Also, MacOS has the best screenshotting ever. You can either take a desktop screenshot, or just select a certain part of the screen. It's great. No more copy pasting to ms paint.

Well done Pradeep and Sanjay! 2 rupees have been deposited at your designated shitting streets.

俺がMacを使ってるよ
アニメと漫画は大好きだから日本語を学ばた
(・^ー^・)

Linux has had this for years lmao

The only thing stopping me from getting an iMac is being able to use it as an external monitor.

If I could do that with my desktop I would buy one tomorrow.

I actaully like the mpb. The latest ones are shitty but the 2015 model is one of the best laptops I've ever used. I can do everything on it I can with my x200 with arch, just with modern hardware. I'm never abandoning thinkpads, but I can't find many flaws with this thing.

just
[CODE]
brew install imagemagick
[/CODE]

brew install imagemagick

You can though. Plug your laptop into its DP/Thunderbolt port and when you start the imac after you get to the login screen press command +f2, should allow your desktop to use it as an external monitor

Used to do this with a 2011 27" imac that I used to compile iOS and osx software on.

>Their iMacs lack some features i want so i would prefer to buy a seperate monitor.

what features is it missing?

They removed that.

>GTX 1080
>not superior 1080Ti
>at 80C
baka

Not being able to use it as a standalone external monitor.
Only has a glossy display with option for matte.
It has huge bezels and chin.

But other than that i'd get an iMac with Built‑in VESA Mount Adapter, preferably in a new Space Grey color.

Anything from adobe
>hurr durr wine
Wine is a fucking piece of shit, hard to set up, has a lot of issues and performance is shit.

Top tier software like IINA, garageband and OpenEmu

MacOS is the only OS which is capable to build native apps for both android and iOS, not sure about WP but it may be possible due to Visual Studio for mac (not that WP matters tho)

MacOS is the only OS where you can run all 3 major IDEs: Xcode, Visual Studio and QT

You're right tho, macOS isnt capable of 2 things which are exclusive to loonix: shitty software, retard autist tier UIs

muh free software is overrated
hail capitalism

Not being able to use it as a standalone external monitor.
Only has a glossy display with no option for matte.
It has huge bezels and chin.

But other than that i'd get an iMac with Built‑in VESA Mount Adapter, preferably in a new Space Grey color.

>Not being able to use it as a standalone external monitor.
>Only has a glossy display with no option for matte.

yeah i can understand these

>It has huge bezels and chin.

that bothered me too since the design is pretty dated now (5 years later), but if you can i'd wait for the redesign coming next year

i still bought a 2017 one anyways because i'm coming from the 2013 mac pro and frankly no monitors are able to compete with the price/performance ratio of the iMac right now

Try building a Hackintosh first
It's not that hard and that way you'll figure out if you like macOS without spending any money, while having fun and learning in the process.

To be fair VS for Mac is just MonoDevelop rebranded.

Though with a Mac you can have one PC that can develop on all 3 mobile devices(with bootcamp).

>no monitors are able to compete with the price/performance ratio of the iMac right now
This. Macshit is so beyond shit tier, not even Acer can go down to that level.

Daily reminder that only dumb fucks who pretend they get laid buy a mac (tm).
Daily reminder that people with actual sex lives buy a Thinkpad.

Sup Forums.org

>but if you can i'd wait for the redesign coming next year

I don't think they have a new design for the iMac planned for next year, the new iMac Pro releasing this December has the same design as the standard model with a Space Grey color.
I would be stupid to not give the first iMac Pro model the new design.

this desu senpai

I found my macbook being slow.
I wanted to launch the diagnostic tool while holding the D key at start-up.
Instead of launching the tool, my mac wanted to retrieve information from the network. I never got to the page where I could choose my language.
After having provided the login to my wifi, I have receive a message -1 007D (see picture attached).
What does it means?
Why is the diagnostic tool not launching?

I am using Sierra 10.12.6
Processor: 2,9GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8Go 1600Mhz DDR3

>A full featured 27' 5k iMac with a latest gen i5 CPU, AMD 380 GPU, 8gb of ram and 1tb hard drive costs $1500
>That dell monitor alone costs $1300 bucks... used.

Wow bro nicely done! you sure showed him!

I recently typed the wrong URL into my browser (i.e., "reports" instead of "report"). It sent me to a website squatting next to the correct site and said I needed to update some apps in order to use the site. It partially installed MacKeeper and MegaBackup before I could stop it. I have uninstalled those apps but now I find that the Preview, Safari, System Preferences, Automator, ColorSynch, and Disk Utility apps have barred circles through them in my Apps Folder. When I try to open them, I get a message:

"You can’t use this version of the application “System Preferences.app” with this version of macOS."

If I try to open Safari Preferences, I get Norton Security extension control panel.

How can I get rid of this nonsense?

I would rather just spend the money. I have literally nothing in my life and saving up for things is the only thing I have to look forward too even though I'm always disappointed in the end regardless.

I will admit my battery started sucking after about 2 years. I could get through most days with about 15% left but that was with pretty light usage. I got the fugly apple battery case, and while its ugly as fuck, I easily get through two days of normal use.

I am having the most irritating problem on messages for Mac. Every time I go to send a message to my dad, it pulls him up, shows me his picture, and then sends the message to my mom instead... I checked the Contacts app and there doesn't seem to be anything connecting the two. I even deleted the info listing them as 'spouses' to each other. It seems like a weird coincidence that it's messing up between my mom and dad, but I can not for the life of me figure out why. It never happens on the iPhone or iPad. It's driving me nuts! Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Oh well, good luck then!
I was in the same boat as you, enjoyed my Hackintosh so much that i ended up getting an iMac, even if i liked it i don't really think ill buy another one and just stick to Hackintosh builds.
Even if i love MacOS, i can't stand apple Hardware being so closed (you can't even change ram, and its practically impossible to repair unless you send it to a apple store)

I just upgraded to Sierra. MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012). Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB. Now my track pad does not work to scroll (yes, everything is checked in trackpad settings); only point and click works. Seriously, how can this be?? Thankfully, the mouse works.

In an attempt to use paribus, I added a rule that would forward my messages to a gmail account. However, now that I've added the rule, when I open mail, it's just the spinning beach ball and eventually crashes. I cannot delete the rule because it's stuck in the beach ball. Is there a way to delete this some other way? I'm doomed without my mail!

>fell for the apple brainwashing scheme
>my xiaomi phone and thinkpad with fedora now feel inadequate and clunky, mac seems so shiny and integrated
>tentatively saving up money for the newest macbook model and next year's flagship iphone
I fucking you hate you kikes. I was so happy with cheap, easily repairable and/or open source hardware before

Mail on Mac since Sierra update has deleted all the emails (gmail) in the 'Mail' Inbox and also all the emails in folders 'On My Mac'.

I can not get them back on Time Machine. I can see them but there is no restore button. I did try to find them on the HD Library in Time Machine but the suggestions on the many web pages I have studied have not been able to offer a solution.

I can receive an email but once it is read and Mail is quit the next time I open Mail the Inbox is once again empty.

Mail is keeping the emails in my Sent, Trash and Drafts folders.

I have deleted the account from System Preferences Internet Accounts and everything disappeared except for one sent message. I have re entered the account and all the Sent, Trash and Drafts have reappeared. The issues with Inbox mail disappearing once read and Mail quit have recurred.

These messages from that particular gmail accounts are available on my iphone or if I log into gmail via Safari on the Mac.

Also now I have problems on my iphone with a different gmail account has nothing showing in the Inbox. If I look at 'All Mail' the messages are there. Why are they not in the 'Inbox"?

There is something seriously wrong with that Sierra update.

I installed Sierra on my MacBook Pro a few days ago, and several times it has frozen. First the computer stops responding to my external mouse. About 30 seconds later it stops responding to the trackpad and keyboard. I have to force a restart. Why is this?

Perhaps relevant: According to Activity Monitor, kernel_task now frequently uses several hundred (and sometimes more than 2,000) percent of my CPU. Who knew that was possible?

Time Machine backups have been happily chugging along the past few months. However today there was a warning that the backup failed. I clicked on "Details" and it said "The network backup disk does not support the required capabilities". Why would this happen after months of working just fine?

My Time Machine disk is USB 3 hard drive connected to the USB 3 port on an Asus RT-AC5300 router. I removed the backup disk from Time Machine and tried to re-select it. It tries for a while to reconnect and comes back with the same "required capabilities" message.

Have I been hacked? Unrepairable SSD corruption & Permission Issues

Mid-2015 MBP (Retina MacBookPro11,5)

2.8 GHz i7-4980HQ 4-core

16 GB RAM

Summary of Issue:

Noticed I started receiving a lot of spam calls
FB account possibly hacked, so I took down FB
Began noticing frequent crashes, duplicate apps, screen appearance constantly changing, problems w/ device syncing
Recovery partition disappeared
Frequently asked to update apps I had already updated on MacOS & iOS on a daily basis
I had both FileVault and Firmware Password set, but was still able to boot using key-combos
Running Disk Utility in Safe-Mode reported unrepairable corruption on disk (not volume), but returned status as ok when running repair via internet recovery. Rebooted into safe mode to verify that problem was actually fixed, but received unrepairable corruption message again.
Began to try and fix the problem by:
Disabling firmware protection using my password
Disabling FileVault encryption using my password
Re-running diagnostics (received same errors)
Tried to reinstall Sierra (which I downloaded from AppStore)
Tried to reinstall Sierra from internet recovery

STILL DID NOT FIX PROBLEM!!!

I would defend Apple to the death because I love their hardware, but I can fully agree with you that Finder is a steaming pile of shit. Why the fuck does the file view seem to change every minute? Why is it that when I drop a file into a Finder window, it doesn't arrange itself, but it just sits exactly where I dropped it forever? Why would anybody ever fucking want that? And you can't even arrange files by default. You have to check the option for every single motherfucking folder in the entire system. Finder can suck my nuts.

When I first upgraded my iMAC to Sierra (10.12), Mail would crash every time I tried to select the "Sent" folder. Most other folders could be accessed fine; a few would also cause Mail to crash. Re-installed Sierra, no luck.

Today, Mail started crashing on a few other folders. Then, finally, it crashed altogether and will no longer re-open; every time I try to open the app I get a "Mail quit unexpectedly" dialog and dump. I believe this is the most pertinent information:

Crashed Thread: 6 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NSNull length]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fffb4d7cf10'

abort() called

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Once again I re-installed Sierra, but still cannot open Mail at all. Thanks Apple.

Multi Monitor and Sierra Forgets Window Positions after Wake Up From Sleep

I have a laptop screen and an external monitor. Both are open during my workday. I keep my email and Messages app on my laptop screen and use the 27" monitor as my primary display for everything else. It's basically a multi-monitor setup except my laptop screen is the second monitor.

About once a day, when I leave my Macbook Pro Retina for 30 minutes and it goes to sleep, I wake it up from sleep and all of my windows are moved to my 27" display. I have to drag my email and Messages app back over to the laptop display.

Unless I physically disconnected my monitor, this absolutely never happened in El Capitan or Yosemite and even Mavericks. Every time I work up my Macbook from sleep it would remember where the windows need to be.

Why is this happening with Sierra?

I'm using my MBP 15" with the latest MacOS and with both the Startech and OWC Thunderbolt 3 Docks, I am consistently having problems with the displays. Pretty much anytime my MBP connects to the dual displays, from booting up, computer wake-up or even display sleep I get inconsistent results. Sometimes only ONE display works and I hit restart and then both will come up (nothing changed). Or I have to unplug/plug one then it gets activated. Sometimes are display sleep, the displays are reversed where my right is the main and not the left.

Since this has happened with multiple brand docks and I even saw this with non-USBC and Thunderbolt 2 docks, I assume this is a MacOS just not liking docks.

Anyone else see this behavior? I've tried resetting my PRAM and SMC but the problems always come back.

Don't ask me, I'm a broke faggot that doesn't even have an external display. But if you take OS X through years of use and multiple upgrades it seems to produce random fuckery like that, so if you haven't already, maybe a clean install would fix it.

You love their hardware? You love how they SOLDER their RAM?

how to remove malware 'advanced mac cleaner'

I have malware, 'advanced mac cleaner' that I cannot seem to remove from my iMac. I am using the Sierra version 10.12.2

As if Apple is the only company that does that. Besides, I'm still on the last generation of upgradeable Macs. Their design was at its peak then, in my opinion.

since a while I have not been able to shut down my MacBook pro (Sierra 10.12.2) with a command (only long-pressing the power button..)

Due to this I'm not able to download software updates which require restarting the computer.

On top of that some open applications don't show up in the dock, nor can I switch through them with cmd+tab...

Is it possible that those two problems are connected?

Any idea how to solve it?

>Their design was at its peak then
So were their temperatures. :^)

>Retina
You're a few years ahead of the era I'm referring to , buddy.

I bought my mac air 2 days ago but when i was browsing, a pop comes out saying your mac is infected to trojan horse. Can you please tell me how to resolve this?

Close the tab and quit watching gay porn on shady websites.

User login screen only displays in the top left quadrant???

I just updated my OS to Sierra yesterday. For whatever reason, the login screen is only being displayed on a quarter of the screen (top-left), the other three quadrants are black.

This is the screenshot of the login screen. It makes no sense. Once I login, it goes back to fullscreen. Any help?

lol

Kexts aren't being injected correctly

how about you install a fedora on your head and do some music production on that shitty OS

Several months ago, I got excellent support and my iMac speeded up. Unfortunately, I didn't save that conversation. (Can I access it somewhere?)

Anyway, I need to go through the same process, I think. I know have two IMacs, neither of which can seem to speed up.

Seriously, I'm considering going back to PC!!!

iterm2, multitouch trackpad, icloud

brand new macbook pro 2017 juat arrived and the screen just goes black and I can just see the curser. I reboot and login, the screen goes black again...help!

Sierra Update Deleted All My Docs on iCloud

I accepted the "updates ready to install" not really even thinking about it. I do recall noticing that it was a Sierra update. It updated... and wiped my iCloud completely. I've connected with help desk. Two people told me "they see something really large out there" but that they need the engineers to to look at it. The engineers tried a restore but it returned nothing. All files gone. This happened ~ 3 weeks ago and I've been dealing with help desk.

I'm done with Apple for good.

dude just use the terminal wtf
its not like macOS doesnt have native bash or anything

boot into safe mode and see if its okay
if so, clear out shit that may be hiding in
/library/launchagents
/library/launchdaemons
/library/startupitems
/user/library/launchagents

>using a phone after three years
...is this supposed to be an accomplishment?

literally all of my phones still work fine except for the LG G2

I've been facing this problem with safari when I try to print anything. I've OKI C511dn printer which has worked so well for the last couple of years but now when I try to print safari crashes instantly. I can print via apple Mail and other browsers such as Firefox but safari crashes instantly.

I've searched forums but so far didn't find any solution. One possible suggestion on this forum was to delete com.apple.Safari.plist from your Library/Preferences folder. Then reboot. but I couldn't find this file in that folder. I've also reset Printing System in Printers & Scanners section of the system preferences but it didn't help.

I'd be amazed too if I found an iphone that still worked after 2 years.

lol im using an iphone 5 right now. battery lasts all day, runs the latest OS.

Have fun sticking your head in the sand

I've been having trouble with my trackpad on a 15" macbook pro 2016. It's a little weird, everything seems to work fine and all regular, accessory or force touch clicks register, but at random times the drag feature becomes completely unresponsive: files can't be moved around with the trackpad. It stays that way until it just spontaneously resolves. It's happened quite a few times, even on the most recent version of MacOs. Anyone has any idea what this means or how to fix it?

dude just clean install. its the only way