cointelegraph.com/
coindesk.com/
themerkle.com/
pastebin.com/snUYmcJW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your mom

Which one do you like to read?

Use that one.

Neither. Most of the stuff on both is temporal short-term interesting gratification. I've curated my own RSS feed to filter important news like 0-days and passed laws.

Not:
>New T-Shirt Sewing Robot Can Make As Many Shirts Per Hour As 17 Factory Workers
>China Plans 600 MPH Train To Rival Elon Musk's Hyperloop
>A camera that snaps a GIF and ejects a cartridge that displays it
>Candy Japan total sales cross $1M

A lot of it is just advertising.

can you share the rss?

/g is better

Please share the RSS please.

HN is full of insufferable SF types

Hacker is really toxic with their 'karma' system. Getting downvoted without a reply is so pointless. Sup Forums is way better.

Share the RSS maybe? :>)

Ayy, I'll drop a link in the morning look out for it because I'm a dirty phoneposter atm ;)

Both are filled with SJWs and libtards because they will remove 'offensive' content.

You're just going to find this in the tech world. There is a reason why tech industry is not right wing biased and it has a lot to do with region and culture in areas where tech thrives. I'm not a fan of the sjw vibe but I don't like all the butt hurt over it either. If a guy is hurt by sjw then they are marked for denial. It's a rough game but women are not fair. If it comes up with a woman just change the subject or let them know you're not a hater and make them laugh about something.

Having said that, posters on hacker news will suggest just saying shit to get you upvotes. Not a platform for good debate if you ask me.

Where does one even find a good hackercommunity nowadays?
Even the 2600 ircs are ded as fugg

Soylentnews and pipedot.

I see what you mean but honestly on the RSS HN feed I dont often see such bullshit

Any update?

Slashdot is dead as fuck. Hacker news is meh these days. Don't know what's good anymore, I mostly just get all news from Reddit these days which is probably unhealthy.

Tech
lobste.rs/
schneier.com/
spectrum.ieee.org/
futurism.com/
arstechnica.com/
hackernoon.com/
liliputing.com/
slashdot.org/
highscalability.com/
kurzweilai.net/
Threats
threatpost.com/
packetstormsecurity.com/
deepdotweb.com/
GNU/LINUX
linux.com/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=home
opensource.com/
lwn.net/

Crypto
cryptopanic.com/
cryptoinsider.com/
cryptocoinsnews.com/
cointelegraph.com/
coindesk.com/
themerkle.com/

>implying it's about the news
The value of both Slashdot and HN is in the comments. The news stories are poorly selected and/or old shit (especially on ./), but it's the comments where you can find real gems of insight by some pretty smart people.

i can confirm this

Thanks a lot for this. I didn't know about some of these.

Twitter is decent too but only if you exclusively follow accounts which only tweet technical stuff. Always unfollow people who tweet irrelevant shit like family photos, politics or memes at all. Lot of smart people there with terrible feeds.

>kurzweilai.net/
wew lad

This

>I used to tweet technical stuff, but fuck drumpf

hacker news because it all just winds up on slashdot anyway

Be a bro and share the link

Problem is people can swiftly change what they're tweeting about on a daily basis, and twitter has been making stupid moves like showing you what others liked.
You could find some who tweets great stuff but everytime you log in all you see is posts he likes which happens to be elderly gangbang rapes.
They have decent mute and filter functions so you can easily ignore the major political debates like filtering out trump/drumpf/etc. So it's not facebook bad yet

I got some script that hides all the likes.

pastebin.com/snUYmcJW
I couldn't figure out how to export my current one, so here's a backup I have. It's still pretty fleshed out, you just need to organize it.
RSS has a different measure than what HN uses to rank posts. HN deliberately removes "controversial" and hard-hitting topics from the front page.
This is true and I was going to add this, but phone. AskHN and a few people I used to follow were great, but now it feels a little bit like everything's fluff from the influx of normans.

>Slashdot is dead as fuck
not really. they still get good comments. the old slashdot had serious multi-paragraph comments tho.

ngate is an amusing way to keep up with hackernews topics

Hackernews is better in general, but most people over there are hipster web-/pythondevs that hate everything that is not pretty and colorful.

Kek, very nice

HN