Lightweight web browser

Is there a usable browser that isnt so RAM hungry?
I am currently using firefox but its just ridicilous how much RAM it uses. 200MB per tab, wtf? Why tf do you need 200megs to show some text and pictures?!

200mb isn't shit tho...

it's 2017 for fucks sake time to stop being a poorfag and buy some more

Thats a sad excuse for not optimizing shit. I have other shit open that ACTUALLY NEEDS more RAM, its just becomes impossible to use anything else when on ff.

I have 8 tabs open, and am using 570.7 MB of RAM.

>yo mane is {CURRENT_YEAR}
Neck yourself, advancements in technology doesn't mean devs are allowed to slack and shit all over their code instead of optimizing it.

As for OP's question:
I don't think web browser devs can really do much more when the webdev children are shitting up their pages with pajeetscript. Trying out forks of Firefox can't hurt though, see if any of them are better or at least fit you better. Chromium is a route you could take if you don't have a rod up your arse about Google.

9 tabs open now. 562.9 MiB of RAM.

What kind of things do you have open?
Will try them out. Thanks.

Firefox is the most ram wasting browser.

>What kind of things do you have open?
Tutanota and eight Sup Forums tabs. Down to 555.1.

World's heaviest sites and I can't get it above 430mb, which by no means is anything of consequence.

any chromium-based browser.

I thought of using QupZilla.
But then I saw picture related.

It's renamed to Falkon and now a member of the KDE family.

i have 8 tabs open right now and it's taking up 620MiB. i don't think switching to chromium will help as i've seen people bitch about its memory usage as well, though feel free to give it a go. are you using a lot of plugins?

KDE becomes increasingly better. What will happen to Konqueror though?

Nope, just adblock nad https everywhere. There must be a browser that doesnt use this shity tab technology?

>latest commit is a month ago

It never went over 1.5GB for me and that's when I had almost 50 tabs open, with a dozen being YouTube tabs.

I use FF on my shit computer running Lubuntu. It has less than 512MB of RAM. I don't have any major issues (outside of the machine being crap). I would recommend (if you haven't already done so) installing a script blocker and an adblocker. Also, I can't have a bunch a tabs open. I know many people use tabs like bookmarks now. I don't. That probably helps some.

Firefox can work with low RAM machines. So what you are describing (200MB per tab) isn't true in my experience. Consider using ad/script blockers to cut down on what is running one webpages. I use ABP/NoScript...others will recommend uBlock/uMatrix.

Good luck.

UNINSTALL 4CHANX

Install gentoo

How much does that use up?

you can disable multiprocess if you want FF to use less ram.
also a lot of memory is spent on aggresive JS optimizations. there's a big memoryperformance tradeoff when optimizing JavaScript and 99% of the people posting in browser threads seem to not be aware of this simple fact.

Too fucking much.

uh, that's wrong, sweetie

I would recommend the browser whose name is related to a satellite but since they got aggressive with their add-ons blocklist I can't.

better to use the inbuilt Sup Forums one?

Poor cuck.

qutebrowser obviously

That's not good

I have 30+ tabs now for the test and it hasn't taken up anything. I'm sitting 500+~ with these tabs. Even with 1 tab I'm there

They should upgrade/optimize their own computers before trashing this lol it's not meant for old dinosaurs.

They specially don't count in facts their bloat/addons and probably their 4ChanX (Which I have too).

Out of 32 gbs, a mere 500~ mbs is nothing.
Even at 16 gb, come on people we're in 2010+7.