Delete virtual machine data?

I followed this guide: whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox.
This guarantees a somehow anonymous and secure browsing from what I've read.
How do I make sure there are no data left in my computer after shutting down the virtual machine?

Other urls found in this thread:

whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox
whatismyipaddress.com/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/814599/how-to-use-cipher-exe-to-overwrite-deleted-data-in-windows-server-2003.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>VirtualBox.

Come on I'm a retard.
I want to know how to delete all data just in case.
From what I understand the virtual machine is still there even after Machine>Remove...

On top of that this is not working.
whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox claims my IP is from Germany but I'm still banned on Sup Forums.
How is the connection anonymous is Sup Forums still knows how I am?
What gives?

I did the WhonixCheck in Whonix-Gateway and updated was asked.
I'm browsing from Whonix-Workstation.

>whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox
* whatismyipaddress.com/

I was permanently banned from Sup Forums so this might be working.
I'd still like to know how to solve the problem in OP.
Thank you.

You will need to shred the virtual disk file, it's the file that is the virtual disk for the VM to use, though you are so paranoid, might as well have system-wide encryption for the host.

that's because your Exit Node is known to Sup Forums to be a Tor Exit Node that can be used to evade bans and hence bans any post attempted by that Exit Node.

Please read the documentation thoroughly.

>I'm still banned on Sup Forums
honestly, bans from Sup Forums should apply to whole Sup Forums
once the cancer gets banned there it starts to spill to other boards with retarded questions like op here

i dont see how this could work, it is still using your physical NIC which has your BIA, it's still going through your router, which has your external IP.

the only way is through private VPN's

One (and probably only) certain way is to simply shred the virtual machine image file, shred -n 1

oh you guys are talking about TOR?

get outta here

I was banned from Sup Forums for shit posting.
I tried posting through Whonix thinking I would evade it (I already know you can restart your router) but the ban was still there.
I thought it was the old ban but now I see they banned me from all boards because I'm using tor, so it is actually working.
I'm posting from Windows now.

>t. commie

>shred -n 1
So that would be:
shred -n 1 C:\Users\user\VirtualBox VMs
from Command Prompt?

>So that would be: shred -n 1 C:\Users\user\VirtualBox VMs
from Command Prompt?

not sure how the structure is set up on Windows, but following your example:

shred -n 1 C:\Users\user\VirtualBox VMs\"name of actual image file"

>"name of actual image file"
Can I address the whole folder or do I need to delete the folders/files singularly?
These two folders are inside VirtualBox VMs.

shred does not have recursive shredding so you need to point at the direct image files. It's not as if you need to shred the actual directories though.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to keep your clean VM image in a separate directory and then write some script which copies your base image to the VirtualBox VMs, launched the VM, and when the VM exits, the script shreds the image file. I haven't tried it in practice but it would seem the easiest way to make sure you don't forget to shred the file once you are done.

Oh, and use 'shred -n 1 -u' the '-u' also removes the actual file instead of just overwriting it with gibberish.

Thank you.

You're welcome user

If we banned the cancer there would be no image board left.

>virtual machine data
>Implying this is somehow different from any other data, like magic virtual ones and zeroes

I tested this: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/814599/how-to-use-cipher-exe-to-overwrite-deleted-data-in-windows-server-2003.
Data relative to the virtual machine.

>Data relative to the virtual machine.
and how is that different from deleting any other data? Remove the vm_name.vdi/.vbox/.* just like you normally would with files you want to get rid of.

>and how is that different from deleting any other data?
Any other data and the data relative to the virtual machine have different paths.
>Remove the vm_name.vdi/.vbox/.* just like you normally would with files you want to get rid of.
I would normally click over the delete option.
In this case I wanted to delete it so that the data could not be recovered.
I used the method described here: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/814599/how-to-use-cipher-exe-to-overwrite-deleted-data-in-windows-server-2003.

you're fucked regardless of the data left on your machine

>you're fucked regardless of the data left on your machine
Can you elaborate?
You mean there is no method for anonymously surfing the internet?
Mind you I'm not committing any crime that I'm aware of.

>Anonymously surfing
Tor is fairly good for the job, just make sure you disabled JavaScript and don't run anything shady outside of a closed environment.

In VirtualBox you could also encrypt your virtual disk drives as well, check out that option too.

Good to know, thanks.

Just don't let any of the FUD autismos scare you