Which aspect ratio is best? And I'm not talking about gayming...

Which aspect ratio is best? And I'm not talking about gayming. I'm talking about productive shit like video/image edition, comfy coding, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_5l0vXSjIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In the order it is on the image.
The wider the worse.

21:9, everything below is old obsolete unusable shit.

>image edition
I got this 16:10 motherfucker at the office. Find it to be a lot more comfortable for any fullscreen work (making layouts in Indesign, retouching photos, etc.) than my 16:9 monitor at home. But when you need to work with 2 applications at the same time (text editor on the left, browser on the right) - wider screen is better.

5:4 for a 'square' aspect ratio, 8:5 for widescreen

I've had a 16:10 Dell U2412M for 2 or 3 years now and it's amazing. I went from a 16:10 to a 16:9 some years ago and couldn't stand it, had to go back.

I wish there were 21:10 screens. Would upgrade to one of those.

>Dell U2412M
I have 2 on my desktop here at work
They are ok. Not as much contrast as I'd like, but generally OK for work.

>not 999:9
???

Yeah, to be honest the only downside I find in mine are the 5 blackest blacks, they don't look different enough and that could definitely be improved (it's a pretty old monitor so it's understandable).

Is this any good for basic shit?

For productive shit, 16:10. You can edit videos in fullscreen and still have room for toolbars. For coding and other "text" stuff you get more vertical space.

For gaming it depends on the genre. In RTS/DoA, you see more of the terrain with a wider screen (see op's pic).

what is this league clone

I see what you did there :) Very funny.

this is the future, but there is one "16:10" ultrawide out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=v_5l0vXSjIM

16:10 is the best aspect ratio.

1:1 master race

yeah you like big black dicks in yoru asspect don't you you fucking cuck #ally #communicationsdept

>I'm a frustrated gay ass retard with a cancerous laughable opinion and I actually believe in it

Depends on the size.

The bigger the screen, the wider it should be.

>1280x1024
Why?

Here's the kicker, more screen space is better. so a 27" 16:9 is better than a 23" 4:3 in every way.

As for laptops where you can't just have a bigger screen, it depends on what you do. 4:3 for text, 16:9 for media, 16:10 as a mix but mostly leaning towards 16:9.

16:10 is simply the closest thing to perfection
1:1 and 3:2 are also great

>See more terrain with a wider screen
Literally the opposite of correct for dota. If you look at his image you'll see that horizontally, all are the same, but vertically, 4:3 provides the most.
t. Ex-amateur dota player, I also have eyes

1280x1024 still gets you native 720p with actual vertical screen real estate