/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.localaccounts/disable-localuser?view=powershell-5.1
youtube.com/watch?v=zssfSRkUG90
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I got a tp link range extender (pic related)

it was working fine for a couple months had the ssid same as my main router. Now that I changed the ssid on both router and extender to new names (same on both) I keep getting a message saying no internet connection artery I've set everything up.

I've changed the name on both, but no matter if I factory reset it or not it keeps giving me the message saying no internet.

It's there something I need to change? or that I'm doing wrong now?

how to use media keys with i3

My brother's Macbook had a drive failure so he went and replaced it. I decided to reformat the drive that he replaced and it seems to work completely fine as a storage drive. Would it be safe to then put it in my computer?

try going back to the old SSID just to test?

it just works, at least the basic ones like pause,stop,play,next,prev,... I dont think I did some special things to get mine going
though mute is kinda screwed up and wont unmute, fucking pulseaudio, fucking firefox that has it required

.xbindkeysrc

xbindkeys
xbindkeys -k
xbindkeys -n

if its hdd run hdtune on it, full surface test to see if its fine
if its ssd then just check smart values and written TB value... crystal disk info might show it

how do i disable smoothscrolling on wordpad?

Gimme a good motherboard for i5-3470 proc. I'm not going to stick GPU in it, but would like to use 2 monitors using HDMI.
I'm looking for good price/quality value.

Choose it in options

Okay I've looked online and I'm asking here, my win8. 1 pc Jeeps getting it's disc usage to 100%, and Windows crashes. I'm not sure what the problem is. I use android studio which causes this problem a lot however I noticed games, Firefox and other thing cause this issue too. What should I do?

reinstall win, ideally on an ssd

whatever is available and has hdmi and dvi output, duh
you are buying ancient shit here, be lucky if you get something for low price

there is no options button

How to make a Windows user that can be only accessible for X hours a day?

that sounds retarded, what exactly you want to restrict / accomplish, the final thing?

Why does blowing ones load feel so good

Dopamine.

What are the equivalent of Golden Books for coding? Like a bunch of simple programs to read that I can use to increase my literacy in a language?

A local online store put up a couple of hard drives on sale for pretty cheap.

Question is, which one in your experience is more reliable?

Toshiba, or Seagate?

So the user can gaym only X hours a day on his/her pc

How do I toggle between different video streams in MPC HC? I'll be willing to switch to mpv if you can do it in that.

My programs always end up being a clusterfuck. How do I stop this?

well, theres probably program for it
but I learn tiny bit of powershell, learn how to schedule task and its done...

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.localaccounts/disable-localuser?view=powershell-5.1

You right click and hover over video tracks?

Is that what you're looking for?

Where?

hmm mine's different. try clicking on Play at the top and see if you have a video tracks option there.

it'll work for a bit, but once I plug it back into kitchen outlet where it used work it'll say the same thing.

All the lights are lit up blue which means it gets reception there, I don't have a clue. would it be best to just email them and try to Rma it?

Nope, none of that. Thanks for trying though.

I work from home, in Australia, for a company in the United States. Recently, Pandora was cancelled here and I thought it wouldn't be a big deal because I'm using Cisco anyConnect to VPN into my company's network. However, Pandora still registers me as working from Australia and prevents me from listening to music. I thought VPNs changed your location? Is there a way around this?
>streaming music
It's my fiancees account, and I can't find the CDs for many of the bands I had

what VPN and how do you access it

I thought anyConnect was the VPN. After doing a quick look through the information found in the anyConnect program, I'm not seeing anything to tell me which VPN I'm using

What system font should I use

I think the problem is your browser, my toaster only has 3gb ram but has no problem opening 10+ tabs even with youtube in some of them.
I did, have lag/stutter issue when I was still using firefox as my default browser. I think it's caused by memory leak or something. In the end I changed to chrome (yes, I know, botnet etc etc), but atleast I don't have lag/stutter issue anymore.

Do you prefer japs or american?

I'm selling my MacBook Pro to get a desktop PC is there an external hard drive that can work for both? Preferably a 2TB SSD.

when I try to post on /adv/ I just get a message saying "connection error"
wats happenin

/adv/ and other boards like Sup Forums have a different captcha server than the rest of Sup Forums and it fucks up posting all the time

>I thought VPNs changed your location?
Common misconception, though it IS possible to do that too. VPNs connect you to a network from a remote place, that's why they're called "virtual" in the first place. There is no requirement whatsoever that states that your general internet traffic has to be routed through the remote network.

If the company just needs to allow you access to their internal network, it makes perfect sense that they wouldn't configure it to route all your internet traffic through their network. Why would they do that, why would they want you to push all your irrelevant shit through their network?

That's a very good point, user. I'm absolutely terrible with networks and all that stuff, but what you said makes sense. Thanks

wtf?
so how do i fix?

It's not a privacy centric VPN, it's your network connecting to their network to share LAN resources. You probably don't have all your traffic being diverted through it.

Sure just spend $700 on a 2TB SSD and format it exfat.

What is the comfiest programing language?

I need a GTK+ music player similar or better than Cantata. What are my choices?

python hands down

/adv/ is shit anyways. It's proof that God exists since you can't use it. Be thankful nigger.

Lua

I need /adv/ because I don't have friends to ask stupid questions.
My alternative is to ask Sup Forums, which is what I usually do, but I thought I'd try /adv/

Why does go exist?
serious question

Cause it's actually more complex and challenging than chess if you know what you're doing, and the chinese were all up in that shit.

How do I get Chromium to use KDialog instead of the GTK file picker?

The few macs in my office are having an issue with folder permissions over SMB2. Specifically we have a home drive share with folders for each of the users. If a Mac user tries to access their own folder they receive a permission denied error even though they have full access in their AD account. We are using Centrify for AD authentication. This issue does not happen on SMB1 via a CIFS:// connection.

Recompile with it

Recompile what with what? I don't want to use KDE, I just want the KDialog for chromium. Assume I'm retarded, please.

why would you think you can do that?
its not a qt application

Because I'm reading that KDE users can have that option. And it's listed as an optional dependency in chromium.

not long ago i got a free laptop from a customer. the hdd was dying and she didn't want to buy a new one so i asked her if i can keep it up so i can tamper with it for fun and she agreed. of course the first things i did was to place my own hdd and everything worked
that was ~3 weeks ago. today the bitch came and asked if i can give it back because she forgot about some extra warranty she bought. of course i got a little annoyed because i just configured the system etc but anyway i told her that she's a bit too late because i disassembled it (including hdd) and broke pretty much any void seal but she wanted to try anyway
so here's the thing: what should i do with it to make sure that no warranty will ever cover it

Go is the least common denominator.
If you know ANY C-style langauge, you can learn Go in one day.

It's basically like serving rice and water for dinner:
Not the greatest dishes ever, not very exiting either. But if you have to cook for 100 people, everybody can live with rice and water.

Why do I remember a general rule of thumb that hard drives over a certain capacity tend to fail more? Is that still the case? If so, what's the largest hard drive I should buy that would have an acceptable fail rate? I'm looking to start converting my physical media to digital

Just tell her you couldn't make it work, so you threw it out

read the post carefully

What is the best free way to spoof sms?

what language will be compiled from english?

stop being a cunt and a retard

Also who the fuck believes your lies?
She tossed away the laptop because of price of $40 hdd? But now she bothers to walk around and deal with shit?

Okay, I'll answer your silly question again. Say "No, you can't have it. You gave it to me as a gift, and I am under no obligation to return it"

>She tossed away the laptop because of price of $40 hdd? But now she bothers to walk around and deal with shit?
Yes?
Replacing the drive thingy in one of those machines is hard and expensive and dangerous, people need to go to college to learn how to do that shit.
But bitching to people about broken technology is a natural skill you can hone just by living in society.

>he actually thinks that normies know shit about these things
She probably doesn't even know that hdds exist, you moron. I bet it was "My laptop doesn't work anymore"

Figured it out, have to put "XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE" in my environment variables. This gives me KDialog in Chromium, but still no image thumbnails, which I thought it supports.

Any KDE users wanna help me out? Can you view image thumbnails in Chromium?

but that doesn't answer my question at all
i saw people throwing away brand new TVs just because they had damaged corner or some other, insignificant shit

Currently configuring internet connection for Arch install. Confused about netctl configuration... For the example profile, if my main connection is an open connection that has a sign-in portal for use, would that be the "wireless-wpa" or the "wireless-open" example profile?

>the hdd was dying and she didn't want to buy a new one

That implies she was informed and thats whats not right with the story. Jewboy there is just scamming poor customers

>i saw people throwing away brand new TVs
YES, I did too. And those people would not ever waste their time dicking around with them afterwards. Thats why the story makes not much sense and he is a nigger scammer who cant afford notebook

>"A hdd? what is that?"
>"This computer has 200gb a that one has 500gb so the second one must be a lot faster"
>"Can you make it so it the facebook will work again?"
etc etc etc. Go outside for once and see how oblivious normies are to these things.

Bruh HE said the drive was dying, not her.
I don't know what the parts of my car engine are called, but if my mechanic said I needed a new one I wouldn't give a shit what it's actually called or what it does or why it needs replaced, I would just care how much it costs to replace.

give me a bachelor thesis topic to write in CS

>And those people would not ever waste their time dicking around with them afterwards
found the NEET

You retarded too? She does not care what is wrong, the point is that what was wrong was an extremely cheap part and any reasonable shop would explain that

also can you imagine you would go in to car shop with a leaking water pump and the tech would ask if he can keep the car that he wants to tamper with it for fun lol?

i used the occasion to get a free laptop that would otherwise spend the rest of its days in the attic, garbage dump or somewhere (well, turns out that it wouldn't) so i decided to make a good use of it. i have lots of spare parts from salvaged computers and i make working machines out of them

you tried, now dont be a nigger, void warranty stickers so that it seems like you actually tinkered with it and give it back.

I have a Win 10 Pro VM with a legal OEM key. Can the license be revoked or otherwise broken if I fuck around with the VM (eg clone it)?

So it's not that she's retarded.
It's that EVERYONE ELSE is retarded.
Did you happen to stop by a computer shop recently and ask for a laptop back because of warranty?

DId you even bothered to read what he said, you turboautist? He said that he disassembled a hdd. That by itself is enough to void any warranty.

>He said that he disassembled a hdd

Just...
>she's a bit too late because i disassembled it (including hdd)
>including hdd

Hey, has anyone got any nifty programs to help you sort through old computers with a bunch of miscellaneous files?

well yeah, i did. for things like youtube.com/watch?v=zssfSRkUG90
for example
but these fags might not notice

repost: can you guys help this idort how to into excel?

the "total"s at the bottom I want to show the value of income minus the first group (mandatory expenses), then income minus the first and second groups, then the income minus the first and second and third groups, etc as they are color coordinated

Basically as a way to show me "You will have x money left over but if you need more just cancel things in a certain group"

You retarded or something? thats what he told her, the lies to discourage her from taking it.

Sorry you can't do that without returning all the data to the original owner because of the warranty

I had hoped for a serious answer but thanks for the smile, user.

Don't worry they WILL notice
>it's true because i said so

whether you believe me or not, the fact is that i removed the hdd case already
i guess you never had the curiosity to take a look inside things, which makes your existence on Sup Forums pretty questionable

Is there a standard quality level that broadcast tv uses?

I dunno, the past few days there's been some autist who obviously doesn't want to help anyone but still feels the need to post in the thread in reply to questions, like they have the audacity to post stupid questions in a stupid question thread.
I still have questions unanswered and others not posted because he's driving off everyone with his shit.

>it's true because i said so
its written like that, therefore its likely true

Do you also believe he voided all the warranty seals when all he told us that he just replaced the drive and put on the new system? Because he told her that too, which anyone with iq above 70 understood is not the honest statement in that part of the story.

oh yeah, when I was 14 years old and disassembled hdds for strong magnets... but hey, its nice that guys from shortbus find still magic in amazement in opening a hdd

He comes here from time to time to insult everyone around and derail the conversation. You don't need knowledge to be a dickhead

Why do consumers want 1440p/4k+ support on tiny devices?

>Do you also believe he voided all the warranty seals when all he told us that he just replaced the drive and put on the new system?
>because there's a varranty seal on every single screw
You really are a retard. The seals can be on hdd, ram, case and that's all

This is /stupid questions general/.