Adblocking and AdNauseam thread

Can we all finally agree that adblocking doesn't work? How long have we been blocking ads for? A decade? More than a decade?
And what has that done for the internet? Absolutely nothing and the internet has even become worse... MUCH WORSE!
Adtech companies are more numerous than ever and they're more aggressive than ever. They collect tons of data on everyone.

Google is now the biggest ad company in the world and they're pure fucking evil and censor everyone who's not an SJW.

Since ad blocking doesn't do shit and actually makes advertising more profitable since ads don't get shown to people who don't like them and would never click on them, it's time for a change.

It's time to use the nuclear option: automated ad clicking.

Have you installed Adnauseam yet Sup Forums? Are you fighting back against Adtech and Google?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/Install-AdNauseam-on-Chrome-Without-Google's-Permission
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=16504
jsfiddle.net/codefag/3t9r045q/
Adap.tv
plus.google.com/ ArtemRussakovskii/posts/53n5LdCYTbF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fighting botnet with botnet

听过以毒攻毒这一词吗?

that's the only way user

Arguments against ads:
- They provide unsollicited information, which distracts and irritates users.
- They use screen real estate.
- They use bandwidth.
- They use energy.
- They make websites slower.
- They introduce security problems.
- They track users, collect their data.
- They incentivize companies to disrespect our privacy.
- They put users in an information bubble.
- Market failure: not the "best" product wins, but the one with the biggest advertisement budget behind it.
- They make people feel inconfident (see photoshopped fashion ads)
- They play with our minds.
- They are often targeted at children.

If you see advertising as a social ill, that seeks to manipulate people into making purchases that they neither need nor will make their lives better. If that's what you believe it doesn't seem inconsistent to want to do everything you can to make advertising nonviable.

To put it simply: ads work against the free market; instead of the "best" product, the one with the largest advertisement budget wins.

you have to become a jew to fight the jew
haven't you learned anything from Sup Forums?

Show me your AdNauseam stats Sup Forums

this

anyone else?

So I do as instructed on github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/Install-AdNauseam-on-Chrome-Without-Google's-Permission but when I go to load the folder it says "could not load manifest"

What do?

what adblock list do you use, mine doesn't block as many as ublock..

>adblocking doesn't work
what?
i don't care about """making a difference in the world""", and anyone who thinks they can meaningfully do so is probably a young naive kid
i care about not being annoyed by ads
which i'm not
because adblocking stops me from seeing them
i.e., it works

Since ads count against my data cap, they are literally wasting my money. It costs me to load an ad.

Guys, don't listen to him. Keep trying your best. Posters like this are just trying to destroy your morale

>Can we all finally agree that adblocking doesn't work?

I cannot come up with a sound insult right in the morning, so you have to go with a "kill your fucking self dumb shit". Adblocking works. Just use a plain fucking adblocker with element hiding or LibreJS if things get bad, not flavour-of-the-week goatshit like adnauseam, gorshills crap etc.

Just started doing this a few hours ago.

>replying to English in English

>not using wifi

Does someone have an automated web browsing bot or something, that can just pretend to browse the internet in a VM or something? This by design doesn't properly block ads so it can pretend to click on them, rendering it unsafe for daily driving

Adblocking does not work as in it does not stop Google cyberstalking you.

This protects you against it.

>adblocking doesn't work
uBlock, uMatrix, Privacy Badger and countless other but less significant or just simply unknown ad-blocking/privacy retaining extensions don't work? The only ads I ever see are "We've detected you're using an ad-blocker" and I just never use those sites again.

What you just described is exactly what I'm doing here

It also block ads. You are actually safer because the ads are only the results of their cyberstalking, not the mean.

>use adnauseam
>click on random ads
>Google thinks you're a lonely anime pedophile who does drugs and masterbates
>they won't use this information against you
>But... It's just a prank!

Nice try, I'm not falling for your honeypot.

it has to load them to interact with them. Every ad you see in a screen like this
is one it applied an element hiding rule instead of a network filter rule to. This at a minimum allows tracking mechanisms to function.

Joke's on you; you post on Sup Forums.

some men just want to watch the world burn

>lonely
>anime
>pedophile
>drugs
>masterbates

just started day 4

Are you retarded?
An AdBlocker stop ads from loading. This shit is clicking on the ads and thus linking you to a google profile (it will contain random trash, I will give you that).

This is just another shill attempt from Sup Forumsniggers that doesn't work.

I am not retarded like you. I am very smart, in fact I am smarter than you. Your google profile already knows everything about you without you clicking or loading the adverts. You already understand it will give Google random trash. Now you understand that is exactly how it works.

Not a black person. You should not use that language.

no it doesnt, blocking ads will only create more ads, we have to click them to get rid of them

you're probably eating fried chicken right now, Jayquon.

I'm a little confused about adnauseam. So, it's clicking literally every ad, right? Wouldn't that mean that it still sends advertisers my info and shit? Google can't track me very well because it looks like I fucking love everything, but my info is still being shit out all over the place.

Unless I'm mistaken?

no, you set it to click 50% of ads

>it's clicking every ad
it can, but it's better to have it only click some to make it harder to detect
>Wouldn't that mean that it still sends advertisers my info
Yep.
>Google can't track me very well because it looks like I fucking love everything
not just you, but everyone. This poisons their entire dataset and makes it harder for their AI to make guesses about others as well as about you.

i like the idea, but it's too buggy and stable releases come out yearly so it's basically unusable in the meanwhile.

>the ABSOLUTE state of pale moon
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=16504

That's a real shame, I used to like them. We let people get too much headway with "blocking ads=theft" nonsense and this is what happens, the gullible take it and run with it thinking they'll be praised by the imaginary people the shills pretended to represent.

Nice try commie

Often suggested set it to 10 to 50% click rate to avoid detection.

>Just started doing this a few hours ago.
>$300 already
nice!

>$1000
awesome!

randomness is the best. if you set it below 50%, there's no way they can detect it.

Iv had this installed for a week now and it hasnt clicked any ads. how the fuck do i fix this?

Adnauseum is anarcho capitalism at its finest, I love it.

it doesnt work with other ad or script blockers

disable all other blockers. AdN is a blocker itself.

I dont have any other extensions installed

i agree too many normies don't have adblock we need to create malware that adds addblock to normies computers

the problem is that fucking neckbeards installed adblockers to their sisters and miothers computers, no one cared about adblocking before pythonistas and anime watching faggots started to preaching.

show a screenshot of your options.
do you have a hosts file blocking?
DNS server based bllocking?

...did you enable it? Literally "is it plugged in" level question, but when you install it it's turned off by default.

>""""anarcho"""" capitalism
>clicking ads for a company because an add-on they developed tells you it's better than actually blocking

AdN is placebo garbage. Use Pry-Fi if you actually want to "cause war"

fuck off shill. you're transparent.

no, you're a window!

Hide ads, click ads, and block malicious ads are all enabled, click rate is 50%, first two options under extra privacy and interface are checked. The ads are hidden just fine, but it doesnt seem that any have actually been clicked

blocking is a placebo, it does literally nothing

>it does literally nothing
It does. It keeps that shit from showing up on my fucking browser.
Kill all nauseum shills.

You still use data even if you connect through wifi, einstein

>Can we all finally agree that adblocking doesn't work?
What are you talking about? I don't see any ads, so they work the way they should.
Guess what will happen once ad blockers become even more mainstream. If websites don't create enough money to pay for the website, they will either try everything to block users of ad blockers or will charge people.

Nevertheless, I support AdNauseum against Google (+ other cancerous websites).

sub is ok, lets see what will happen after they implement it

use somebody elses wifi

>mfw use brave with the brave ads option
>mfw still never ever see ads
>mfw no face

I keep searching for a $2000 fluke multimeter by specific model number on google.com.

Seeing as how adnauseam says that people are paying up to 50 bucks per click, it seems like the smart thing to do is to search for very specialized, expensive things.

Dumping some fanart

But if you live in america they will have a data cap as well

>other cancerous websites
Like Sup Forums.org? Well, me too

Not that dude, but I never connect to a public wifi. If I can manage to get into Wifi that I don't own, then I consider it public.

heh, you're on the right track user!

check this shit out:

jsfiddle.net/codefag/3t9r045q/

it searches for most expensive keywords and clicks them.

I have no data cap on my plan. 45/month for 20 mbit/sec. Kind of shit, but considering I have no data cap, it gets to be more fair.

Tried it. Searches the most popular keywords, not the most expensive. Also, it's mostly services, like DUI attorney in Florida, which generates generic ads.

I don't blame people for using the script. I do when I'm feeling lazy or stepping away from the computer.

these look amazing user! whoever starts a new thread, please use these images!

you are *not* authorized to use my husbando in your images

question,
should I uninstall ghostry/adp after adnauseam is installed? or is more the merrier?

it's literally just multiplying number of clicks by $1.58

i really doubt advertisers are paying that much per click

Just disable. Don't have to uninstall. I would get a free vpn, though.

You must deactivate all other adblockers. Otherwise AdNauseum has nothing to click on.

>i really doubt advertisers are paying that much per click
some are paying tens of $ for some keywords.

Literally who

So this helps the website you visit while also fudging the useable ad data while I would still see nothing like I'd be using ublock ?

no, it fucks up sites that advertise on google

>literally stolen artwork with a stupid logo pasted over it and a bright eyebleeding neon applied
>"Wow these look great!"

Holy shit you adniggers are literally children

Just use a different adblocker lmao

Stop posting any time
These are awful

I don't understand

No. Whatever site you use this on will actually harm the trust between that site and the people paying to advertise on it.

The entire goal is to hurt google, who has more than 90 percent of their shit sunk into converting your info into specialized advertisements. Fake clicks means that people paying to advertise are paying for a click that doesn't actually happening. Google isn't refunding the full price (only about 10%), which will erode trust in them.

Google has been acting like the arbiters of what is ok for people to see, manipulating search results and censoring videos that don't actually break YT's terms of service (while leaving videos that DO break the ToS up and monetized). The entire purpose of my fuckery is to remind them that we can fuck back.

>plebbit as fuck
>butthurt too
you need to go back there to shill for Jewgle. no one here buys your lies

This is really stupid. Google collects info on you through more than just ads. This isn't going to help.

They collect info through everything. They make their money through ads.

Check this shit out:

>Insane state of today's advertising part 3.
>Companies like Cedato and Adap.tv (now OneByAOL?) are the scum of the Internet. Ads like these make me so mad. Just look at this shit.

>A static ad loads. Then behind the scenes thousands of requests continue to execute, absolutely destroying browser performance. And the worst part is nothing is even happening on the screen - the ad that is showing is completely static.

We really need to kill these companies by making them unprofitable.

plus.google.com/ ArtemRussakovskii/posts/53n5LdCYTbF

the point is to make advertising on google extremely expensive for advertisers so they stop doing that

>Alphabet is solely held up by ads

You're a complete retard.

No, the goal is to erode trust in google as an advertiser. They charge a premium for their ads, up to 50 dollars per click. They aren't willing to fully refund fake clicks (most they have ever refunded is about 10%). If they get flooded with fake clicks, and people are only getting 10% back, then they still lose 90% of that investment and have nothing to show for it.

Would YOU continue to use Google as an advertiser under these circumstances?