The god of all programming languages

C - Great language, or greatest language ever?

Does C++ even have a chance?

Learning it right now on my own..new to computer science all I can say is I like how it requires you to know how the computer works in conjunction with the language.

The day I started with C in our programming class I understood this was the one language every programmer needs to learn.

You can see it as the jack of all trades language.

Forth is 100x better.

power of C with classes and not forcing you to use them but to code as you fucking want?

fuck yes, I love C++

>Forth
It's reputation as a write-only language isn't entirely undeserved, user.

And exactly that's why no OS that matters and no program that matters is written in it.

Theres no reason to use C in 2017 when C++ exists other than to maintain legacy code.

Have fun with your memory leaks and reinventing basic data structures from scratch because the standard library is fucking useless

No, it goes like this.

C is good for educational purposes but honestly I would never actually want to use it.

Is the Kernighan book open license? I don't have the shekels to pay for it because I'm a poorfag from a third world country.

I always find these links to it but I have this strong morals against piracy.

(I have worked with arts production and it's absolutely the worst to have your object of authorship being appropriated by others without given credit.)

C breaks people away from higher level concepts though
A true computer scientist knows when to use which concept
A C zealot will attempt to her higher level languages as if it were C

Go to a library.

You are a cunt.

C++ anyday.
Weak typing and void * is cute and all but I've debugged enough core dumps in 10 years to know where I stand.

It's just 30£ on amazon lad.

> Does C++ even have a chance?
No, but Rust has.

This is like 20% of my salary lol

Why is C such a hassle to learn? Took a month for me to "master" Perl/python and it was fun. C on the other hand takes forever to execute/compile. C gives me fatigue

>Does C++ even have a chance?

Yes, even if you insist on writing C style code it still has piles of features that will stop you from hanging yourself.

>C takes forever to compile
C is literally among the fastest languages to compile
What the fuck are you on about

You haven't "mastered" any language in a month - do you know as much Perl as Larry Wall or as much Python as Guido? No.

Why is C such a hassle to learn? Most likely because you're a brainlet who overstates his own ability.

libgen.io you fucking nigger, either pirate it or buy it at the end of the day it doesn't change a single thing in the world if you obtained it from either method