Why do macs overheat and throttle so much?

Why do macs overheat and throttle so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5cvEPu_e0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because its shit

/Thread

Because they can actually do things requiring power and thus produce heat by the internals.

Why would linux computers overheat? Too much command line? lmfao???

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the post

Because people are doing work on them.
Like Google.
Like IBM.

Stay jelly poor, ThinkNEET.

>linux computers
hi summer
bye summer

Since when are apple products high end? Every other hobo has an apple phone on a plan. Unemployed proletarians have them. You literally can't not afford them.

Nice projection there, friend.

>Since when are apple products high end?

Since over a decade ago.

>Apple products are 'status symbols'
>Anyone can get an Apple product

Which one is it Sup Forumsuys?

because homosexuals ruined tech

Then you should only use computers predating Alan Turing.

Apple products are povertyfag status symbols that anyone can afford.

ok

Same deal with TVs, anyone can get them, and they're status symbols to the poor, because they think they make them more prestigious (they don't, because they're cheaply made low quality chinese crap anyone can get). One of the reasons for being poor is that you make low quality judgements, some of which include buying apple products when superior products are available.

This.

had 3 macbook pros, none overheated and/or throttled, using two of them daily (one of witch 8+ hrs/day)

>sent from your $80 chink phone

Your arguments make no sense and you're clearly just triggered.

wtf where did you get this picture of me?
and if trump is wealthy why does he have a macbook?

>replying to low quality bait
hi summer
bye summer

>not recognizing the pasta
i want summer to end

>look, it has no fans and is super quiet, say goodbye to those horrible loud dell laptop fans
>overheats and eventually dies because of it

It's a combination of minimal heatsink surface area, heat pipe arrangement, air flow and the firmware of the machine. In a machine like a MacBook Pro, where space is at a premium and Apple constantly wants to make their machines thinner, the heatsink fin stack is normally the first component to be cut down in size. Older MacBook Pros had an extremely small fin stack relative to the size of the heatsink and the components they were cooling. (Pic related.)

Instead of having dedicated heat pipes for the CPU and GPU, Apple often distributes the heat across a single pipe or pipe arrangement (two pipes, both cooling the same chips). As a result you have a lot of heat production concentrated in a small area.

Until recently the air intake and exhaust ports were directly next to each other. Hot air exhausted from the vent at the back of the computer, directly into the display clutch cover (hinges) - which in itself was a flow restriction - and the computer would then draw air from this now hot area into the machine for cooling. Essentially Apple took an exhaust vent and placed an obstruction directly in front of it thinking it wouldn’t impact cooling efficiency. (This was somewhat fixed on the MacBook Pro Retina.)

And don’t start with the whole “the keyboard is an air intake” bullshit - it isn’t. The keyboard has a solid plastic sheet underneath for the keyboard backlight, so there’s no chance in hell any air could be drawn in via the keyboard itself. It’s a myth that refuses to die within the various Mac communities.

Finally, Apple tunes the machines from the factory with a fan profile that is next to useless. Instead of having a gradual fan curve that increases steadily as temperatures increase, the cooling fans remain at idle until the computer reaches somewhere in excess of 70 degrees C, only reaching maximum RPM once the computer has reached between 85-90C. All because of noise reduction.

Source: Apple Field Service Technician.

They're probably scared to have their laptops make any noise. EVGA has pretty good hardware in their laptops without overheating.

n-th post best post

nice pasta

2 thinn

still holding out for that PowerBook G5 eh? Never give up hope OP

Hi, typing this from my Macbook Pro. Overheats like a bitch even just browsing Sup Forums.

>Muh thin computer
Meme that should've died long ago

holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5cvEPu_e0

Hilariously poor design choices

>and if trump is wealthy why does he have a macbook?

That photo of him sitting in front of a MacBook with his tiny finger raised in the air was obviously staged.

Trump doesn't use computers, let alone understand them. His only encounter with any modern electronic device is his Twitter shitposting smartphone.

Macbook BTFO!

a good post on my Sup Forums? blasphemy, i say

>the definition of cringe

Is this why macfags are so intolerable?

>hot people
>hot computers
Not sure what you're struggling with

Enjoy your Microsoft spyware and "we don't need no stinking apps" Linux.

nice copy spaghetti

oh all that info, ty user .

You just got rekt nigger

he uses a Samsung phone KEK

Mactoddlers have defended this.

damn phoneposters

Thank you for your insight user

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>being this mad

Keep your mac updated, if possible.

His staff replaced his old Galaxy S III with an iPhone a while ago, so that he wouldn't get totally owned by Android malware.

iOS is malware.

>replying to reply replying to low quality bait
hi summer
bye summer

Steve Jobs hated noise and thought that pcs should be silent.

As a result ALL macs throttle and heat up until it is absolutely necessary to use the fan.

Shitty design decisions and also, shitty architecture decisions at Intel.

>butthurt

This guy again. I like how the file name if the same every time. You really don't try to hide the fact it's you.

I like how assblasted iToddlers have to do mental gymnastics to help them sleep at night. You don't even try to hide how analsore and emotionally devastated you are that people are shitting on your fruity cult.

Stop crying. You got btfo threads ago.

fpbp
Just avoid them.

The only modern macs that throttle are the 2011 15", 2012 retina, and 2015 15"
the rest either dont throttle, or if they do throttle it's not by very much.
It's mostly because AMD, or muh thin when the tech wasn't there yet.

>not using 4chanX
Fucking Luddites.

>gets proven to be a lying iToddler
>has no argument
>avoids talking about proof

How mentally and emotionally damaged are you?

>all these thanks

Have this many people never fucked around with a MacBook? Let alone any other laptops to make comparisons with? Is such basic engineering knowledge really so uncommon?
t. just an average hardware monkey

Has any company actually done thermal engineering right on the laptop profile yet?

Seem like nobody wants to make a system that emphasizes stable temps instead of form factor or raw performance.

>Replying to a reply of a reply of a low quality bait.
hi summer
bye summer

Thinking back on my plethora of laptops, the only ones that never really screamed like a jet were either

a) very low power machines (ex: older Chromebook), or
b) didn't get used enough to get to banshee-wailing (ex: Latitude D800)

And I suppose Windows tablets don't count.

>replying
hi summer
bye summer

I have two dell 1525's here and one has a nice sounding fan even when spinning at 3800rpm, whilst the other sounds like a jet.

They both sounded that way even when new.

Putting more the making the device think and sleek as possible while putting little dedication on cooling,

>PowerBook G5

>PowerBook G5

Actually PA Semi developed a laptop-worthy G5, Apple was just too deep in the Intel downgrade to go back.

>the state of itoddler

B T F O
T
F
O
(btfo)

They made a device where the case is the heatsink. Get it hot and guess where the heat goes? That's right, your balls.