Sup Forums, why do the big companies only let us use their white theme?

Sup Forums, why do the big companies only let us use their white theme?
I'm not here to say >muhh dark theme are better, I'm just saying that they don't even give us a choice, it's all white.
Personally I use substratum and Stylish (>muhh botnet) but some people don't about this.
My question is just, why?

Another example

People trust white websites more than black websites.

Racism

Design always looks clean senpai and also white highlights the other color so well.

So does black

I actually prefer white since my eyes somehow can't handle dark themes, I even use my android keyboard, photoshop and code editor in white. Also for Android if you are outside with your phone white is way better to read

>Stylish
It's a botnet user. Use Stylus instead.

Does Stylus use userstyles.org? I've been keeping with Stylish because I made some userstyles themes

Yeah the only difference is you need to click the "show css" button on the website and copy and paste that into stylus.

Thanks a lot!

The main reason I use Stylish, and the reason I think most people use it, is to Black every website.

The Genius lyrics website owner changed his website theme for that reason. Is there any actual evidence for that?

I hate the editor for Stylus on Waterfox. It looks just like the Chrome editor for Stylish. As a theme dev it's a pain to use.

> Is there any actual evidence for that?
Probably. I would think that people assosiate black with darkness, which in turn associates with the unknown and danger. It's probably part of a very primal instinct we have.

>white theme
Huh? Google has rainbows.

normies and boomers are too used to paper which they're still using. any major theme from any company having to deal with either of them will have this as default. graphic design or lack of it is quite possibly the biggest meme out there as design shits cite circular "industry standards" and the whole thing goes in cycles every 15 years

White:
>calm
>righteous
>clean
>fluid
>good

Black:
>powerful
>aggressive
>structured
>hard
>evil

Tech companies want to present themselves as a friend, not as a ruler.

To answer your question: because they can, if you don't like it then go and use another page, no one is pointing a gun to your head to use google. Simple as that

that's pretty sexy design, gives the illusion of continuing on the next column
too bad they had to ruin it with those cards in the middle

white looks cleaner and friendlier
black text on white paper is what normalfags (the target audience) are used to

those are the only reasons i can think of. i make everything dark where i can, i hate white themes. pic related

The newspaper/book -> internet situation is probably the major factor.
It also doesn't help that when experimenting was encouraged, we created full image webpages or used 0000FF blue with yellow font. Effectively forcing people towards the white themes.

black background with white letters is literally your pic, or you can tell me when you look away you can't read the letters burnt on your retinas?

Big same, I can't stand white themes.

what?

black backgrounds waste more energy
also it's harder to style because you'd need ugly neon colors for visibility

What is AMOLED?

>>Yeah the only difference is you need to click the "show css" button on the website and copy and paste that into stylus.
Are you sure? Clicking install "Install Style" worked for me.

Stylus 1.1.3.1

>black background with white letters is literally your pic
that's why you don't use pure white on pure black

Because most people browse the internet by day in sunlight. So a bright theme is nicer to view and dark text on bright background easier to read.

>be youtube
>no dark theme for years
>people start using stylish/stylus
>decide to make a new theme and a dark theme
>new theme completely ruins people's styles
>people get mad and lazy to change
>I, personally, don't want to activate dark theme everything so stick with Stylus
>youtube fucks up once again

Black themes matter!

>>Because most people browse the internet by day in sunlight.
That's a moronic excuse. Make mobile versions light, desktop versions dark. Practically nobody uses a laptop outside.