So what would be the problem with using an SD card as your main storage device on PC...

So what would be the problem with using an SD card as your main storage device on PC? I'm using a 500gb SSD since I don't store much, just going for the faster loads and a lightweight physical thing.

Would reading from an SD card be as fast as SSD?

the 10 mb/s write speeds would probably suck a little.

Sd cardsis slow as fuck.

Though Android and Nintendo Switch let you run apps from them so they might be fast enough.

>Would reading from an SD card be as fast as SSD?

Nowhere near as fast.

1/5th the speeds.

Further, endurance is terrible on mSD cards, they're not meant for OS's that require tons of read/write cycles.

>$249.99 price tag

lmao wtf
an ssd with the same storage space from the same brand costs half of that and is way faster both in writing and reading
and of top of that, if you need portability, an ssd can be easily unplugged and can fit in a small pocket

can someone please explain, I'm at loss

form factor.

An SSD is 100x the size.

it's not actually form factor
it's just that the manufacturing cost isn't quite as low as previous capacities yet
it's going to get cheaper fast as ever

Write endurance of like 10 cycles.

Don't you dare put winshit 10 on it or it'll be dead in a week.

>100x the size

not even close, an ssd it's 5x the size of a microsd at best

SD cards have also had a price bump I've noticed. Regular usb storage has for the first time in a while become quite a bit cheaper per GB than mSD, at least in retail stores.

....lol?

mSD:
165mm cubed
2.5" SSD:
47,498mm cubed

it's over 250x larger.

>2.5inches is too large
user... seriously... please don't tell me that you are willing to spend significantly more for significantly worse performance all in the name of saving some space

If the device you're using has an mSD card slot but doesn't have SATA interface, 100%.

Why the fuck should I carry around an SSD for a DSLR that is perfectly capable of taking hours of footage with this mSD card?

>cubed
why not sphered then?

Because both mSD cards and 2.5" SSDs are rectangles.

but a rectangle doesn't have volume
maybe you meant parallelepiped?

t. climate change

Which is why I used cubed, by the way, you meant "rectangular parallelepiped" not just "parallelepiped', also you could just call it a three-dimensional orthotop as well.

That's an entirely different use case than what OP gave. OP said they want to use it in their PC.

I can't put an SSD inside my phone.

I blame mobile phones. They're causing ddr price hikes, the increased personal data people give away means the nsa has to buy all the hard drives to collect it all hiking the price of ssds and hdds, cypto mining is need for distributed shit so phones can remain secure thereby causing gpu prices to increase. Phones are a cancer on everything and now msd is back in fashion for phones their price is also going up.

doesn't matter anyway, the source of this sperging comes from the false dichotomy volume/size

Which is a retarded use case and has already been said several times.

No one should EVER use mSD for primary computer storage because of endurance of the NAND.

Further, as was explained, the price difference is because of the size. I never made any comments regarding the use case, if you're pretending you're stuck in a world where you can only use mSD cards for primary storage, then i urge you to stop LARPing and come back to reality.

You seem to be pretty upset over the fact that we agree. Is something wrong user?