Did phoneposting make the internet a shittier place?

Discuss.

No the people owning them did

It has probably reduced the number of typos.

But that's about the only positive thing I can come up with.

you just did

yes
Sup Forums is shit now
thanks to phoneposters

hiro is loving them though

How it they use adblockers ;-)

nah, it's almost the same. The web design is certainly worse than it was back in the day, though. Everything is fucking gigantic now.

No, the mobile web did

Since the majority doesn't know how to install adblockers, companys shamelessly exploit this with flashing, heavy ads that in some cases even fucking vibrate and make an eery high pitch noise (!).

No sane person would use the mobile web for more than a few minutes

How do you block this cancer?

Firefox or Brave or some other have adblockers as addons.
If you root your phone you can install system wide ones, but with the downside that more and more apps won't work on rooted phones

In both cases it sometimes doens't stop those redirecting ads that vibrate and make noise and all that shit, I tested many scenarios but this never fully goes away somehow

>sjwfox
No thanks. I will test this Brave one.

I think it coincided with a more bleak world view, leading to general shittiness, but I don't think the phoneposters are to blame, I think the quality of content coming from desktop sessions has gone down at the same time
the less travelled boards are mostly okay, but I'm seeing some fucking tourists lately

Phones certainly lowered the barrier to entry and allowed normies to drag their bullshit on to it, making it worse overall.

Not phoneposting, but retards phoneposting.
So i guess it did, oh well

Oh boy it's this thread again! Every usenet shit will out-faggot you with muh eternal september and just like you they'll be unable to "remember" what they want about the old internet but still pine for it and not shut the fuck up.

Just because you showed up first and jacked off on some sonic the hedgehog forum for a few years, doesn't give you some higher opinion on how everything should be run. Stick to IRC.

I'm phoneposting right now and if I get banned I can restart my phone and get a new IP lmao

I also hate niggers

Have you seen any of the screenshots they post Most phoneposters are too stupid to use adblockers on mobile.

Tried going on efukt with brave, didn't even dent the obtrusive ads.

Actually, it depends. On websites like Sup Forums when lurking is advised instead of posting whether you're browsing on your phone or your computer, I don't think that phoneposters/lurkers as myself caused too much harm in terms of discussion quality. Sure, smartphone with internet access probably removed a barrier of entry for children/immature teenagers but that's it. They mostly lurk, and if they attempt at posting they are usually regarded as baiters. (As their sheer stupidity is clearly visible) Again, this is from my experience so I'm not sure if it holds for every phone user out there. I won't deny that it's the best way for comfy shitposting, though.

The problem is mostly linked to websites UI that are pandering more and more to the mobile audience. Shitty material design everywhere, etc. Instead of modifying the website itself, devs should create apps for specified phone use. See Clover/Dashchan for Sup Forums for example.

Yes. If phones didn't get this cheap there wouldn't be this many indian ugly pieces of shit and illiterate people on the internet