Red pill me on why I should NOT use Chrome?

Red pill me on why I should NOT use Chrome?
I hear shit talk about Bot-netting, spying, generic evil but I need some form of proof. Be it Wireshark reports, documentation of code, compiled reports from credible sources. Something.

Also strong/functional alternatives would be handy. I have used Firefox in the past but now they are going SJW.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chromium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumped

Just use it if you find it comfortable. It's one of the only browsers out there that can handle a thousand of tabs.

>I have used Firefox in the past but now they are going SJW.
if you have a problem with this, why wouldn't you also have a problem with Google, who are just as bad? SJW bullshit aside, Firefox at least let's you keep your privacy without going through the hoops of Iridium or Ungoogled Chromium.

i mostly just use Nightly + qutebrowser these days

>Firefox at least let's you keep your privacy
You've gotta be a shi--
>i mostly just use Nightly
Yep, shill.

>wanting to use a botnet because the creators of a browser have SJW views

You're an idiot and don't deserve the spoonfeed.

This.

>wahhh i won't use a browser because the people who made it hold political beliefs that differ from mine

Sounds like you have more in common with a SJW than you thought.

just customize the about:config and disable all of the telemetry, safebrowsing, pinging, etc.

it takes like 1 minute

It literally amounts to toggling a few settings. Telemetry is even disabled by default, only sharing health reports is enabled.

He's kidding, Chrome is infamous for RAM hogging.

If you want proof here's the installgentoo wiki link on Chromium
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chromium

Or just use Waterfox, which is stable and has no telemetry at all..

waterfox is a meme whose optimizations for amd64 are terrible and run worse than the native browser

Google is engaged in activities intended to result in the overthrow of the US government.

I was using Firefox before with no-script. Had it pretty locked down. Moved to google as I wanted to get the fullest for my google services.
do not really give a fuck about ideology, it is more if they start putting in creepy programming based off of said ideology.

Cool, Ill take a look

Yeah, it's a RAM hog, but it's a stable RAM hog. Others would just toss the whole session out of the window and fail to restore it.

check the archive on rebeccablacktech for the about:config

sort by OPs

>, it is more if they start putting in creepy programming based off of said ideology.

What?

mark of the botnet

use chromium you fucking moron. Why would you use the proprietary version of a free browser? You can even install widevine and flash if you need to be Google and Adobe's bitch.

Alternatively, Firefox 55 and up seems to have improved its performance to Chromium's level, so that's an option. Firefox has fewer privacy issues and is less bloated, although that's a bit like saying being a furry is less degenerate than being a brony.

cuz foxes are cool

retard