So... THIS is the power of LaTeX.

Where the fuck are Sneed and Chuck?

WTF?! I hate Word now!

fuck latex and academic writing ree

kys sneedposter

this but unironically

I pour boiling oil on your skull

Yes, that is the power of latex.
Readily available you have an enormous amount of predefined tools at your hand to create everything you want.

If you ever tried to write complex math equations and diagrams in word you would know what a blessing latex is.

Easter eggs

found them while writing my erotica

A lot of mathematicians are involved in making the simpsons, so this is probably their doing.

>showing latex to y humanities fag friend
>teach him to use it
>he's now virgin and alt-righter

Post erotica pls

Anime emotes fucking when? I don't care about Simpshit, and I may consider start using LaTeX.

Does this shit have a WYSIWYG editor to quickly build your document and edit the "source" to your exact specifications?

\Left\Sneed\

>quickly build your document
Not caring how it looks is the quickest way to build your document

You can use a vim plugin to preview the document in real time, I believe it's called vim-latex-live-preview, alternately there is LyX, which is not exactly a WYSIWYG editor but I think does what you would want it to.

>diagrams

I hope you're not suggesting that TikZ is usable, user.

>WYSIWYG
Texstudio is working fine, but you need to compile it to see the changes, as far as i know.

Which is the opposite of WYSIWYG

i-its just a keypress away

If you have too much time on your hand it is perfectly useable.

>If you ever tried to write complex math equations and diagrams in word
But I have, user. You have obviously never tried.

"Muh equations" is literally the only available argument for TeX, and it's not even a good one.

The word equation editor is only efficient if you know LaTeX, so he's still right. Most use it like retarded monkeys, clicking for every symbol.

A Riemann integral is not a complex math equation and isn't this pretty much analogous to Latex?

well, I wouldn't call it the opposite.
TexStudio is a WYSIWYM editor.
And honestly, after learning to do the bare minimum in LaTeX, documents are finished faster than if I had to fuck around in Word

That it's better than Word doesn't make it WYSIWYG. It's good because it's not WYSIWYG.

Sadly, it does not seem to foster reading comprehension.

Nowhere did I ever say that it SHOULD be WYSIWYG.

>And honestly, after learning to do the bare minimum in LaTeX, documents are finished faster than if I had to fuck around in Word

I don't have a need to write complex math equations, but LaTeX is fantastic even for basic letters and essays.
You don't need to mess with formatting at all - you just worry about the content and the compiler makes it pretty for you.

If you actually did some research you would know you could install a plugin/package in your favourite editor to compile latex on the background after a user defined interval. Also you could define keystrokes to quickly paste some templates. This makes it effectively WYSIWYG with a small latency, just like overleaf but offline.

You just need to git gud

vimtex+synctex+zathura
You're welcome.

What book should I lean LaTeX with?

Don't bother with books, just look up a basic guide or look at some templates, then just search for what you want as the need arises. Honestly most things are quite intuitive and you'll have a good idea of what commands to use after a short while.

But I want a book for my library.

Jesus, and people complain about emoji bloat in Unicode. What a fucking waste.

Just use LyX

>learn latex
>kind of a pain, but looks good
>hate recompiling and the fact that it's overkill for basic stuff when my primary use case is basic stuff with added mathematics
>realize that word allows for complex math input using latex input
>haven't used latex since
Maybe I'm a pleb but "it just werkz" is such a fucking relief.

Word is so far from it just works that it's not even funny anymore.