youtube.com/watch?v=t4CyEKb-ywA&index=4&list=PL85XCvVPmGQhUSX_QBkxb4g1-o56cCqI9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I believe every thread deserves at least one reply

thank you

Every Rust thread deserves a sage.

>introductory documentation
>concept: how we store data
>absurd names

cya, I'll be back and have a laugh when you'll try to explain your rvalues or some shit.

Nice, but they STILL have to make the language easier to use

>finally have a look at some Rust code
... It's a OCaml reskin.

Rust isn't hard. Its just a bad language.

is rust standardised in anyway?

Also why is the syntax so fucking ugly?

I almost forgot it's from Mozilla

ITS A NEOBOY

Was it a feminine menhir?

No

It's not gay if the balls don't touch, right? RIGHT?

>LR(1) parsers for Rust
Wtf, Menhir is already an OCaml parser generator

>Rust isn't hard.
See that talk . 7 minutes out of 31 allocated to "how to use yet another langage specific package manager", which is nice.

>using rust
>ever
Hahahaha I'm so glad these freaks are coming out of the woodwork.

lmao butthurt
Enjoy your memory leaks fag

youtube.com/watch?v=wxPehGkoNOw

>I need lists, so I'll use arrays.

You just attacked C. How does it make you feel? It must have been hard to attack your favorite language like that.

the first video is about that

You are doing the same thing your kind accuse others of, identity politics. Why don't you present valid criticisms on his/her work instead?

I had no issues with youtube.com/watch?v=t4CyEKb-ywA&index=4&list=PL85XCvVPmGQhUSX_QBkxb4g1-o56cCqI9 until he got to the Code of Conduct part. It's "nessesary" in his words. Then he goes on a minority-jerk. Fuck that.

Can't wait for Rust19

Yeah, that part is just stupid. I could see there being an argument for having a CoC in a big project like Rust or Node, but for small ones (which are the vast majority), there's literally no point. If there's one guy running the whole show, then whether someone gets banned will always come down to whether that one guy thinks the person is an asshole, regardless of what "official policies" are set out in CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md.

I was curious what kinds of huge projects this guy works on that he thinks a CoC is necessary. Out of the top 15 projects on his github, 4 have CoCs:
- mgattozzi/grove (1 commit, 0 issues, 0 PRs)
- mgattozzi/ferris-says (4 commits, 0 issues, 0 PRs)
- mgattozzi/ReVim (1 commit, 0 issues, 0 PRs)
- mgattozzi/ffzf (1 commit, 0 issues, 0 PRs)
So in other words, he's talking out his ass

CoC make no sense with regard to code, ever. They only make sense with regard to conduct which is a social behavior which involves communication, and thus only over communication channels. Remember irc? No? You were born yesterday you say? Oh well. The point is, irc channels always have their own rules with regard to interactions, which is exactly what a coc is supposed to be about. Instead, the way it's being memed everywhere, it's used as a call-to-dox to find out who are the ebil nazzeez DDD: that are """hiding""" in the (((community))).