What is the best password manager and why is it Lastpass?

What is the best password manager and why is it Lastpass?

Other urls found in this thread:

passwordstore.org/
pcworld.com/article/2936621/the-lastpass-security-breach-what-you-need-to-know-do-and-watch-out-for.html
passwordstore.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What does Sup Forums think of bitwarden? Worth using?

keepassx

you guys just use firefox password manager and shut up

It automatically gives your passwords to the developers, so they can tell you what your password is when you forget. That way you don't have to worry about remembering them.

I use it and like it

what do you recommend?

company based on US and stores on cloud...fuck off, just use a plain file and keep all your username and passwords. Store it in other than download directory.

too new

Lastpass has been hacked a lot of times.

think you meant to say passwordstore.org/

>thinking the 'cloud' is secure

Here come the firefox shills...

encypt it with gpg and done.

>not memorizing all of your passwords using flashcards

Just use Keepass. Open source and you store it wherever you want.

depends on your point of view.
If you want to get into some system which isn't yours, LastPass is indeed your friend

Passwords.txt

KeePass you fucking fag.

Not really. Subsequently, they've been pretty fast with patches and transparent with their work.
The fact that I have to continually explain this on Sup Forums of all places really just goes to show how retarded and consumerist this place has become.

Used LastPass before. I liked it, but once they had a data breach I pulled out immediately.

Exported all data, switched to KeePass and never looked back. I may have forgotten to clear my data however but I can't even get on LastPass anymore because I lost the key.

With KeePass I can store my data wherever I want, with two locks. A key and a long as hell password.

Store the database anywhere online, store the key locally in a pendrive or anything physical and most importantly store the password in your head. It's impenetrable.

>storing passwords in the cloud and the hands of a corporation

Why has nobody mentioned this?
pcworld.com/article/2936621/the-lastpass-security-breach-what-you-need-to-know-do-and-watch-out-for.html

>password manager
>2017

Enjoy your leak passwords

Because it's common knowledge and OP is shilling ironically.

I use it, with premium.
it is good and I like it. Used to use keepass but the sync is a hassle (even with the gdrive plugin)

It looks like a lastpass replica, even with the premium features.

>ctrl+f gnome keyring
>0 results found
fuckin plebs

>Jun 16, 2015
wew lad

1Password

>cloudflare

hahaha, no.

gay

just use the same password for everything, then theres no need for a pw manager

everything but keepass is botnet/unsafe.
except for a notepad locked in your desk i suppose.

USE DASHLANE

>storing your passwords in the cloud
You deserve every hack you get

You're much more likely to have your device stolen & have easy access to the passwords than you are getting hacked in da cloud.

botnet

This piece of shit logs out whenever I close the browser, even though I set it not to. Fuck it.

LastPass is definitely the best one out there when it comes to blending security and convenience. If you want to be even more secure but more of a hassle, KeePass, 100%.

People bring up the few scares, but they never actually leaked any real data. And every time something happens LastPass notifies and fixes incredibly fast.

Of course, I'm always on the lookout for if they do anything that means we should jump ship considering those LogMeIn fuckers.

Disclaimer: used to have premium. Now the free version has everything I need so I don't pay at all. Used to use KeePass before.

Then get hacked because some random website with shitty security use a non secure encryption method.

Now you know that. You have to change the password on all the website where you registered.

stop being a faggot OP passwordstore.org/

Better FF extensions than LP.

No Linux support, dropped