Is hires audio worth it?

Is hires audio worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

plug.dj/hummingbird-me
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug.dj
medium.com/@Xander51/the-mastered-for-itunes-difference-jagged-little-pill-acoustic-6770cf60647d
support.discmakers.com/hc/en-us/articles/220796007-What-is-Mastering-for-iTunes-MFiT-and-do-you-offer-it-
images.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/docs/mastered_for_itunes.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

of course not

Are you a dog, a cat, or a bat?

No, most people can't even hear 20 KHz. 24 bit audio is also a meme unless you're into music production.

Yes but not for the reasons it's advertised.
Retards.

standard 320kbps mp3 is already placebo tier, no one in the centuries to come will ever notice differences on higher qualities, don't fall for the meme and don't waste your money.
non-lossy formats are for archiving don't waste GB on your hdd with them.

>"don't waste GB"
Poorfag detected.

I don't store music and listen everything on youtube

What if I'm a rat in a hat?
What do you think of THAT?

The ultimate redpill

plug.dj/hummingbird-me
come join me

>he does not know about plug.dj
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug.dj

>download a 24bit 192khz lossless album
>download finally finishes, some ukrainian IP sends me the last bits
>load the album on mpv for a quick quality check
>click, pop, crkkk
>shift+del whole folder
>check the comments
>5/5 amazing rip
>5/5 almost like listening on real vinyl!!!
t-thanks

Rip all your cd's into "Wav" format - You get a perfect 1:1 copy with zero compression. Flac is also a perfect copy format but it introduces a bit of compression. or for just archival and you don't plan to play tracks just rip the damn thing to an image file (iso/bin/cue) and be done with it.

Just because you're ears can't hear it, doesn't mean hardware or software that's capable of exceeding that mark is useless.

For recording yes, that 16 bit 44.1 signal is just fone enough to capture everything

Like, i swear I have noticed some higher frequencies in flac vs mp3 v1 but i havent done an abx test proper.

The real problem is that we're not using opus for everything yet.

Can any wise anons tell me if something like opus would gain anything from hardware decoding?

I just cant wait for the AV1/opus future, spearheaded by autistic anime fansubbers.

the mastering is more important. i'd rather listen to lossy "mastered for iTunes" stuff than the typical "tuned for laptop speakers" crap

Artists get paid dogshit for youtube streams due to Google's kikery, even hacked Spotify pays them better. Unless it's remixes or mashups, do them a solid if you like them.

mastered for itunes means absolutely nothing more than that it was checked with apple's encoding tool right before the final export.
it has no influence on the sound of the premaster.

the mastering is completely different, they have guidelines that tell the producers to master it properly, try actually listening to it before you make a judgment fucking retard

It *is* useless.
The entire point of music is that people listen to it, and people can't head more than 22 kHz.

are you paid by apple or just plain delusional?
stop pulling stuff out of your ass.

kill yourself retard

inform yourself, mate

you're fucking clueless, you're objectively wrong, fucking delusional sperg, the difference in dynamic range etc is obvious even to a normie if you actually listen to it

medium.com/@Xander51/the-mastered-for-itunes-difference-jagged-little-pill-acoustic-6770cf60647d

It's right in the picture. Makebelieve

support.discmakers.com/hc/en-us/articles/220796007-What-is-Mastering-for-iTunes-MFiT-and-do-you-offer-it-

Recording, yes. Listening, no. High res audio uses more CPU and with higher buffer it's still pretty much useless.

Can you elaborate on why it's worth it? In the area of mastering/producing, yes it most certainly makes sense to use 24-bit, but for the consumer that listens to the music, it's not necessary.

and?

I think that's what meant.

as I said, there's no romantic guidlines on how to properly master, you throw it through the encoder, attach the resulting check file and be done with it.

the producer is strongly encouraged to "achieve dynamic range that’s superior to red book audio"

> If you follow the guidelines outlined in this document and audition sample AAC encodes on Apple devices, you can achieve dynamic range that’s superior to red book audio and a final product that’s virtually indistinguishable from the original recording.
images.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/docs/mastered_for_itunes.pdf

what's the point?

>Is hires audio worth it?
That is your call to make.

I listen to a lot of music and appreciate higher end audio gear. Of course, there's a difference between high end gear and audiophool nonsense; do your homework.

no one gives a shit, you can deliver files that are smashed to shit just as long as they're not intersample clipping.

you're doing it wrong fag

>Mastered for iTunes: Music as the Artist and Sound Engineer Intended
if you're saying there's no difference, it only reflects poorly on yourself and your own music, there are very noticeable differences in mastered for iTunes versions of music from other artists

That guy is a total idiot.

Morrisette vs Bach / Mozart / etc?

Morrisette BTFO

Master your shit once at Abbey Road with an engineer who isn't tone deaf and you won't have problems down the line.

Apple - making problems where there isn't one to steal more of your money.

>loudness war
>not a problem
ok bruh

loudness normalizing targets like youtube and spotify have been establishing are doing much more work than adding some blue badge that tricks consumers into thinking it guarantees some sort of quality while it doesn't do anything

Perfect FLAC / web / vinyl / hi-res or die.

youtube, spotify and especially deezer are pretty fucking bad, fucking moron, if you want quality music then listen to music that was mastered properly in the first place, not shit that had to be pasded through an even shittier filter

>320kbps mp3 is already placebo
dumfuck
get losslees its just a lil more MB from 320mp3, then encode to hq opus which ends up being around 100-180kbps and youre set, small files for mobile devices, and future proof codec on storage

exactly. that's why mastered for itunes makes no difference, every shitty master can get it. while shitty masters on spotify just get pulled down to target level automatically, this isn't about the quality of the portals, but about the mechanics behind it or more like the absence of one on apple's side. EVERYTHING can get mastered for itunes as long as a whitelisted mastering house tags it

I don't know, OP. I'm just listening to Spotify with my Chord Hugo and the MrSpeakers Ether. I think it's worth it.

FUCKING RETARD, just listen to some samples, the difference is clear, just because you think everyone is a shitty as you are doesn't mean they won't master their music properly

it's absolutely fine if you don't want to get the point

i get your "point", but you're being an absolutely retarded sperg, just because a producer can theoretically get a "plain" version certified as mastered for iTunes, doesn't mean it's what actually happens, every mastered for iTunes i've ever listened to has had much better quality than the "plain" version

I'm gonna ask the guy from SpectreSoundStudios and see if he say the same. Otherwise I'm just gonna dismiss you as the idiot who are spewing bullshit you know nothing about.

Or maybe stop talking until you give us a clip or a sample of your mastering work.

BLAH BLAH BLAH i don't give a fuck, why do i even keep wasting my time replying to you underage shitkids, have fun being ignorant sperglords

YOU'RE a underage shitkid

have a (You)

>High res audio uses more CPU
Oh no I'm gonna use 2% of my cpu instead of 1%. How will I shitpost on Sup Forums now with only 98% remaining.

>plain version
>iTunes version

They don't exist. Mastering requires money, producers are not going to make two different versions.

Yes.
Storage space is cheap enough that you can just store all your music in FLAC for cheap.
Then if you want to put it on a music player, you can either just get a big SD card or convert it all to a lossy format.
Keeping the flac originals means that your music is 100% future proof as you can convert it into whatever format you want without constantly degrading the quality.

the difference is obvious to anyone who has listened to it, i don't know who you're trying to convince

I don't need (You)s

>click, pop, crkkk
>like listening on real vinyl!!!
This is accurate though...

Speaking of which, how do I remove the brown noise from a vinyl recording in a non-shitty way?

you download the digital flac rip from rutracker

No, I mean, I've digitized some vinyl records and during some silent parts there's quite a bit of brown noise. How do I reduce this? Noise removal sounds shitty.

a noise gate, maybe? i mean, you'll always get that with vinyl rips, vinyl is inherently inferior for audio in every way

You physically clean the records and buy a better record player and record again

Right now, nothing better than what was already done.
Future: Neural Networks.

>the neural network just identifies the song and downloads a higher quality digital version of it

I laughed.