Other urls found in this thread:

docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/lookandfeel/plaf.html
rbt.asia/g/search/image/ESlqhlqqLVFXRK5wAwtyaQ/
lingscars.com/
virustotal.com/
virustotal.com/sv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My eyes hurt.

Guess which overweight Ex-Microsoft employee that's now even fatter made this abomination...

People hate on Java's Swing GUI but I think it's comfy. What does Sup Forums think?

>he uses scrot directly from i3 instead of a comfy mapped key for screenshots

Linux. I don't have a screenshot, since it's literally just a command line.

That's fine by me, not as spartan as I'd like, but not bloated either.

>he doesnt know how to screenshot a CLI

fpbp

better

color scheme isnt diverse enough. 5/10

i3 != dmenu

>he cares about colorscheme

>doesn't use a monochromatic CRT

Lets have a better question, what's bad about the interface. I think that would have more interesting answers then a screenshot of linux and then a screenshot of windows.

see

That looks very comfy though desu senpai.

What is this from

Excuse my ignorance, but is this a real XP variant? I have never seen anything like this.

Oops, I am an idiot. I found out, sorry.

>it's a DesktopX theme, made by Stardock, creators of the excellent WindowBlinds products.

No design eg. terminal > Shitty design

how did you get those buttons?

swing buttons looks like 2003 era desing and awt buttons looks like windows 95 tier.

dude animated wallpapers lmao

Post more of these screenshots from old software and Windows, let's make this a nostalgia thread

This makes me uncomfortable.

Probably like this docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/lookandfeel/plaf.html

better yet: websites as wallpapers

BAZIMPLOS

b-but muh high ppi

If you set look and feel to system, it really doesn't look bad. It's deprecated though. Haven't messed with JavaFX; is it any good?

I fucking hate these "modern" UI prompts where there's nothing but a single sentence written to be comforting but coming off as condescending and smarmy.

Like an error message that goes ":( sorry something happened!" rather than giving telling me what happened or at least giving me a code I can google.

>female
>department: Kitchen
Ugh, sexist much?

This thread needs more muhammad sadeem

The only best interfaces.

That's really fucking bad. I hope it had lots of tooltips at least.
>BINGOBOYS

it does show a code you can google

Linda Gates?

POO

>2016

Oh you so edgy

BeOS/Haiku is pure aesthetic

>2016
Holy fuck

reminds me of sonique

it might actually go well with this, with a little more yellow instead of the green grass background

>just a command line
post it!

I miss this early 2000 aesthetic, truly the worst.

I'd rather use that than today's flat communist design.

I used looping video as wallpaper at one time

Can you do anything with that case now?
Looks like the same size as ITX.

> flat communist
That's just loli propaganda. Commies have tits too.

You can use one today.

>tfw found a windows xp installation cd in my closet

rbt.asia/g/search/image/ESlqhlqqLVFXRK5wAwtyaQ/
keep reposting

Fuarrk I remember that

That's wonderful! I'm frankly taken aback by this...in a good way. I want it.

So much more lively than our dull lifeless standard desktops...my god...we need more of this and less of monotony.

we absolutely do not

The design you're praising is literally textbook monotony.

How fucking young are you?

Note the consistent user interface and error reportage. Windows is generous enough to flag errors, yet prudent enough not to overwhelm the novice with verbosity.

is this your mother

lingscars.com/

It's meant to create yet more layers of abstraction between the end user and the fundamentals of a computer, because error codes are too "scary" for normies.

kek

please- at the time that shit was epic

shut the actual fuck up you fucking street shitting shill

Kek

It still gives you the STOP code, and if you're not retarded (the sort of person who would actually benefit from additional information) you can see all the information in the event log and by further analysing the crash dump.

Printing stack traces and memory dumps on the screen only serves to confuse the majority of users, hiding the information where a normalfag won't see it but it can still be easily accessed by someone who wants it is the best solution.

Jesus Sup Forums, I came here to laugh, not to feel.

I remember getting sonique because it could do tempo change or some shit

>being this new

I was what, 7 years old when it came out, and everyone in my house was still pretty computer illiterate so when I accidentally changed the tempo parents thought I broke the thing and we used a different media player form then on. I'd be probably still using sonique if I hadn't done that.

>tfw found windows 3.11 floppies at a law firm I worked for

I find it slightly depressing that win xp is now 'retro'

I feel ya, My first OS was Windows 3.0. Fucking kiddies these days has no clue.

>cropped screenshot of ubuntu desktop terminal running in virtualbox on windows

GABEN

I miss the late 90's - early 2000's internet era

comfy

>Longhorn
The peak of Windows UI design.

back to tumblr

this is literally, art.

Go back to imgur faggot

Art of jizz

LGR restored that one to original factory functionality but I do believe he was talking about getting another and building a modern PC in it.

when I was a kid, I used pic related as a grid for my wallpaper, never had a seizure and still wondering how

remind me of the piss filter movies

It's garbage. I can't stand anything that isn't GTK+2. Swing always looked like garbage, and it does it consistently regardles of what you're running it on.

>NT 5
>not NT 4

Why would that gif give you a seizure?

Compare the new Virustotal webpage:
virustotal.com/
To the old one (this is their swedish one which hasn't been updated):
virustotal.com/sv
Great fuckin "upgrade"

>not using tomorrow

KDE

New one looks better and streamlines where your eyes go. Immediately they focus on the main button to upload the file. Old design your eyes were playing a tug of war between the fuckhueg logo and the scan it button.
This is just a situation of change being scary. You'll get over it and appreciate the new design.