Sup Forums does this laptop exists?

>14" screen size ideally
>weights less then 2kg/4.5lbs
>Linux just werks
>7+ hours of browsing on wifi
>Core i5 CPU, no Celeron shit
>costs less than 500$

Plenty of refurbs but nothing new at that price point. Sorry poorfag.

of course. I forgot to add that I'm looking into refurbs/used laptops not new ones

bump

Refurb T460s/T470s/T460/T470 but when there's a sale on the lenovo outlet

X220/30

T430

your price and expectations are unrealistic.

T430s with Ultrabay Battery

are those really less than $500?
might have to drop down to t450/t440

macbook air

Until you got to $500 that was a totally reasonable laptop.

user you have to be willing to pay for quality.

what's the cons of running fedora on that macbook air

T430s fits everything you want perfectly. 1.79kg, 3 cell ultra bay battery will give you 7 hours. You can get ones with core i5/i7, you can even retrofit the old keyboard if it's more to your liking and it will only cost about 300 dollarydoos.

With GNOME I got at best 6 hours of battery, in KDE I can get 8 with regular use and 9 if I really try. Macos gets about 13 with just browsing and having pdfs and libreoffice open, which is what I'm doing 99% of the time.

Linux does run a bit hot though, avg cpu temp is around 55-60, but it lets me use my encrypted drives and run the opengl stuff that I need just fine. Emulators and games suck on macos, but they're just fine in linux.

If KDE supported trackpad gestures I would probably never use macos though, that shit is really comfy when I don't have my m+kb connected.

Are you looking to buy a mac?

I'm looking into a portable device being able to run nodejs and squarespace in browser on the go

T430
>14"
>weighs 2kg
>7+ hours with 9 cell
>core i5 3320m
>less that 500 even if you get a Newegg refurb

The air wouldn't be a bad pic. Macports and homebrew have mostly everything you would find in a standard linux repo, and the battery life is amazing.
You can also wait for apple to fix up the 13in pro, it's a solid machine but the battery life leaves a lot to be desired.
There's also the option of a 13in clevo machine with linux on it/ system76 galago pro

>13in clevo machine with linux on it/ system76 galago pro
I've never heard of this. I'm euro tho, even tho, they ship to my country

Probably, the galago pro is just a rebranded clevo but they sell them at pretty much the same price as a generic machine, so get whichever has the branding you like most.
They probably ship to cuckland, check the website.
Just be warned though, the high res screen does only give you like 4 hours of battery life, the trade off for that is an amazing matte screen, a ton of drive options and a lot of ports.

T420 but it's probably over 5lbs with the 9-cell battery. Just stop being a pussy.

>7+ hours with 9 cell

Yeah right. Even if you let it idle with the screen off you're looking at 4 hours

T440s.

you're pretty cool guy. I'll prolly go with an air since I can either pic it up in a store locally or buy it used from another guy. Anyways, thanks.

My T440P with a 9-cell has hit 8 hours.

You got a defective battery.

My X220 gets 11 hours idle with a 70++ 94Wh 9-cell.

Same people who claim they get sub 30c under load with a noctua D14

Post a screenshot of your battery info in Power Manager.

I wouldn't recommend it if you want to run linux on it. It's admittedly pretty hacky and I most have it there so my important files can be encrypted with luks and dm crypt.
And look up the software that you need in macports and homebrew first.
If you can wait a bit and get the 2018 pro I would do that as well.

t. man who doesn't understand battery saving

I can throttle mine down to 12w/h.

t. t440p guy

T440s maybe, but the faggots claiming that the **20 is getting anything more than 4 hours on a 9 cell are spewing absolute bullshit.
t.own both, even with a super minimal arch install and just a WM, tlp and thinkfan running I could never go over 5 hours, drops down to 3 with any kind of use

oh and powertop --auto-tune

thinkpad yoga

cpufreq throttle the CPU and you'll see insane gains.

>Kanako Itou
my nigga

I'd go with macOS anyways. A newer mac? Most people complain about the latest levels, wouldn't that be a worse choice?

Ok but I actually want to use my machine and not have it run slow as fuck

Meanwhile my air can easily do 12-13 hours without even needing to do anything.
Thinkpads are great portable desktops for gentoomen who don't want a shitty consumer pc that can't handle windows, let alone run linux properly; but don't pretend that they're very portable.
When my life was even shittier than it is right now somehow, I used a T61 as my main computer, it was fine as a desktop plugged into the wall but carrying around with me was fucking hell.

When my life was even shittier than that I used an eeepc as my main machine (keep in mind this was before thinkpads were cheap on ebay), that was portable and actually got have decent battery life but it was absolute garbage as a desktop like machine.
/sperg

That's what I'm saying. I mainly bought the air because I wanted a replacable battery and SSD, cause I need this thing to last at least 5-6 years.
The trade off for that is that I'm stuck with a pretty meh screen, better than 133x768 trash but the pro has an amazing looking display and I sometimes kinda wish I got that.

The main issue with the new pro is the shitty battery life and the price, but that'll be fixed by 2018. Remember that the air was almost 2k when it first came out, and that thing was total, utter garbage. Apple likes making their R&D money back in the first few gens of a product before dropping prices.

Yeah, it's a pity I know. All that researching and there is always a flaw. So when does apple usually ship their latest products?

>asus eee 901 master cock reporting in

Lol what's the point of owning a laptop that can't even run The Division at 60 FPS on high like buy a fucking tablet like Lol

the eeepc sucked, probably the lowest point of my life
September I think?
Again, if battery life isn't a concern I would go for the galago pro/ whatever clevo machine it's based on.

Godspeed, user!

Just got a refurbished T430 a few days ago for $170 at a frys
Going to learn how to use linux on it
Wish me luck senpaitachi

I literally have a T420 on fucking windows 7 with a 6-cell that gets 4 hours browsing the web. Stop lying.

See
This is a true story.

Prove it
Prove it

I'm not going to reinstall Windows 7 and Power Manager on my X220 just to post a picture you'll say was edited. Why don't you post your battery specs and rated Wh?

I'm in my dorm. All I have on me is my mac air

not fully charged but here

>>costs less than 500$
not new

You can say I'm lying all you want, but my X220 does get 9-12 hours depending on usage, more like 6 if I'm doing heavy shit. So does my X230. I can't speak to the T-series, I don't bother with 9-cell batteries in laptops I don't take outside.

>got refurbished dell business laptop - $300
>has some kind of nvidia quadro card
>runs hot af, fans loud all the time
>full charge gets me 2 hours
>bulky

Overall I'm pretty happy because I'm always plugged in.

I want to get one of those nice little ARM chromebooks and install linux (no virtualization shit). Anyone have a recommendation?

MacBook

>nice little ARM chromebooks and install linux (no virtualization shit)
kek
Enjoy a hacky chroot
If you want a light unix machine save up for a macbook 12' or wait until they get cheap

14" is the perfect size for a laptop. You can't prove me wrong.

12.5"

>macbook 12'
How much should they cost right now?

13"

7"

ew

Anything between 12" and 14" is disgusting.

Yeah thinkpad E-series quite easily

I got a Xiaomi AIr 12.5 for around 500$. i5 with 8GB Ram and 256ssd. Wait for a flashsale.