All the brave circlejerk recently

what other bowsers do you guys use?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9482689
waterfoxproject.org/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

icecat

Google Chrome

I use firefox because it has tracking protection.

Netscape

iridium

>implying firefox still honors their """tracking protection"""

Brave.

SeaMonkey

Waterfox.

Well it disables some ads (which causes certain sites to give trouble), so it's more likely it works than not.

recently said firefox goodbye after many years because I finally got sick of how much RAM it uses.
tried brave as I used that on android, but it's not ready for desktop.
tried iridium which was okay, but didn't feel quite right.
tried vivaldi which at first seemed bloated, but it was snappy. went through the extensive customizations, changed a few things from default and now I'm hooked. works great, looks great, included features are great.

>main browser
Firefox

>business
Edge

>banking
Chrome, in incognito for extra autism

Slimjet, I can't believe no one uses it.

qutebrowser

>>business
>Edge
Uhh... why?

Nightly

Lynx w3m

I've been using waterfox.

>thinly veiled brave shill thread

Pale Moon

icedragon

I just use Vivaldi at this point.

Desktop - Firefox

Android - Lightning

Vivaldi. Brave is a really neat idea, but it needs to mature before it can seriously compete.

>shitposting
firefox 27

>media consumption
vivaldi

>everything else
brave

If Brave is so good then how do you type a url in the android version? Checkmate Bravetheists

>bowsers

>icecat
started using this after I realized that Firefox calls to google analytics on about:addons and to make matters worse addons are disabled on internal workings of firefox like this by default so all along google knew everything they could possibly want to know about my addons and how I use them. All along I thought linux distributions patched out all the nasty stuff at build time but it appears that the browser itself was bad. I trust that the folks of the GNU project will patch out the botnet which they do as they don't even have the mozilla addons site on about:addons. Also since it's firefox esr it will be more stable.

not the browser itself being bad but mozilla not having the right interests

I've always liked this one.

Opera

>basically google chrome
>can use chrome addons
>isn't google chrome

+integrated adblock, free "vpn" (not actual vpn but good proxy for locally blocked content), battery saver setting, user settings sync across your appliances, etc...

Are you posting from 1995?

Using Iridium, testing/looking at code of Brave though.

>Opera
I've read a few users claiming that even when everything is disabled and Opera is idling there are connections captured with Wireshark.

probably yeah, like most chrome based browsers

i wouldn't be using account synchronization in the first place if i worried about privacy...

pale moon

So long, gay Bowser!

Fucking Brave tabs go dead if left up for a few hours, where you cant even close the whole browser in the upper right corner. only on the task bar right click. then reopen the whole thing, still like it better than slow firefox and invasive chrome.

Waterfox

If you work in corporation they all want you to use either IE or Edge.

I am trying out Waterfox at the moment, but before now it was FF. I have Brave for submitting resumes, because my FF/WF settings are tinfoil mode, which makes it difficult to do.

Brave needs a LOT of work.

What's the difference between Firefox and Waterfox?

Nice

Brave needs to get rid of the gay macshit ui and start working towards its plugins/addons support, especially now that firefox, which was for the longest time the chosen alternative browser to use, continues going downhill and into the gaping maws of google. Their latest version just nicked the ability to load media if it's from a site that isn't conforming to their garbage new format, you have to roll back several versions just to get a puush image to load in-browser.

No arguments from me. As stated, Brave needs a LOT of work. I wouldn't find it acceptable as an alpha build.

Firefox Nightly

This is false unless you work for Microsoft.

FF 55

Touch url field. Type url using software keyboard.
>so hard

firefox stable

the jews have won the broser wars user

FF was the only option and then they went webext

all we have now is vivaldi and it's shit

just use waterfox until they're forced to update to webext too and then kill yourself, at least that's my plan

Complaining about browser ram usage is a dead meme. Low quality shilling

Brave on iOS.

Safari if the website doesn’t load properly.

Brave is fucking garbage

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9482689

It’s pretty good actually.

Using it on iOS.

It used to be mostly placebo but now it's the fact that he strips all the new shit like Pocket and telemetry

He is also planning on supporting legacy addons when 57 hits

Doesn't even load 4chins properly, it's trash

It’s fine for 4chins

I've always been a Firefox user. I got disappointed when I heard they would be helping Soros and also when the extensions broke. I switched to Waterfox and it feels less bloated.

firefox because qutebrowser does not have addblock

qutebrowser does have a built-in adblocker

I literally tried it earlier this morning and it wouldn't even load shit. Posting also sucks. Is a fucking garbage app especially for iOS

I'm waiting for the waterfox mobile port coming next week

For reals?

waterfoxproject.org/blog/