Dual Boot BTFO

>He doesn't use a Linux VM on a networkles Windows Host directed to a dupe DNS to get optimal gentoo-ism while maintaining optimal legacy support.

L.O.L. Why aren't you doing excactly this ?

Castrate Wangblows by disabling the network adapter and directing it to a fake DNS, while allowing the VM internet access. Set up a shared partition and clipboard sharing and simply set the VM to start at boot in fullscreen mode.

Simply use CTRL-L to switch to Linux-Windows-Hybrid-Mode (pic related) when in need of legacy applications and CTRL-F to switch back to Linux-Only-Mode.

No bugs like on vfio, no hours of switching back and forth like on dual boot, no kikery like on Windows-Only and no "no-gaems" like on Linux-Only.

Comfy.
As.
Shit.

>uses the two worst os
>COMFY AS SHIT BROS LIKE TOTES DUDE

>MacOS or BSD
>implying

But do you have PCI passthrough enabled so you can actually play videogames?

share wallaper

all that autism and Muhammad uses such a shit browser

i.imgur DOT com SLASH yUrZa1h.jpg

Why should I ? I'm on a Windows HOST, so if I would want to play games, I'd CTRL-L to Windows Mode and boot it up.

I used vfio-pci-passthrugh for a while, but it is buggy as shit if you want to do audio recording, or drawing in photoshop, etc.

So I switched to usng a Linux VM for everyday use and switching to the host only when using legacy applications. That way I'm avoiding the bugs that come from using more complex applications within a VM.

Disabling network adapter might not be enough. It's better to use openvpn connection from VM to your router and block anyting else. Such tactic will also disarm all possible NIC backdoors.

Why would I?

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it asap.

>he doesn't have enough money to set up various computers for distinctive purposes in a separate and protected room and stream their output using ffmpeg with full resolution to a hand held devices while all controlled by a very efficient software that handles the input devices all going trough a secure connection that not even the nasa would be able to hack.
kid call me when a Wind/mac fag can do the same as me.

>Having multiple machines where one would suffice

Uncomfy as fuck !

I want one stationary computer that will accomplish 99,9% of all daily tasks, one portable computer, one portable communication device and one portable gaming console homebrewed to emulate everything I'd want to play on the go as well as x amount of special taskers like e-readers or projectors for media consumption on the couch, that can't be emulated because of special hardware.

Everything needs to be nice and self contained with only one singular homebase: the desktop pc. Everything else is uncomfy trash and should be regarded as such.

>still slow
whoops

well i was joking about my setup, but your description can be achieved easly.
The streaming out of your home wont be posible do.
Give nomachine a try that would be the streaming element of your setup

>Windows HOST
Disk calls are shite Low performance when it comes to random 4k IO
NTFS has aged like milk.

What kind of fucking pocket calculator are you using that you can't run a fucking linux VM in the background.

True, but in the end I won't be using any type of VST plugins, gaymen after 2006 or decent graphic tablet drivers on pure linux or vfio solutions anytime soon.

In the end I'm 70% of the time inside the Linux VM where my important data is stored, suffering no performance hits, as a gentoo xfce installation is lightweight as fuck. And I only leave the VM space to run ProTools or Photoshop.

On a sidenote: having a veracrypt partition hidden inside another veracrypt partition (making it impossible to proove that it even exists) on a luks encrypted virtual disk written on a veracrypt encrypted physical hdd as a daily driver is nice to have.

>disabling the network adapter
>directing it to a fake DNS
"directing" what? what's "it"? a magic pixie? unless by "disable" the network adapter you don't actually mean that

>Windows Host
>Comfy
choose one

Why don't you just run Windows in a VM?

That shit isn't comfy.
Use Qubes.

Try using Photoshop, Gaymen, ProTools or the like inside a VM.

And here I thought that you were going to talk about how it is pointless to dualboot Windows from a Linux machine.

How disappointing.