Anti Botnet Phone?!?

Hi Sup Forums,

I want to avoid the botnet but still have functionality.
Could I get a phone like this and have it still be functional in today's world?
Does anyone have one, and if so, do you like it?
Are there cheaper nicer alternates?
Ty for any advice!

Luv op

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.jolla.com/sailfishx/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cell towers are a botnet haha Sup Forums said it now you cant get any phone XD

Mind controller sheep puppet retarded idiot.

Librem phones or from technoetical

Get a Lumia

Get a burner.

Get yourself android and flash it with a custom rom of your choice

If you want to avoid the botnet and still have a phone you need to buy a phone + contract without a contract and throw it away as often as possible.

However, you'd still be a part of the botnet.

Cellular baseband processors contain backdoors for carriers and governments.

Any cell phone is a botnet.

Also, Stingray.

You literally cannot, due to the baseband.

Is it possible to avoid the two big cunts of the industry? I just don't want to support Google anymore and I'm not fond of Apple.

I used this phone until last year. Didn't have any troubles (although SMS is basically a postcard).

Yeah. You root your android phone and install some foss android-like OS.

>SMS is basically a postcard
wat

Lumia is part of the Microshit botnet

Text messaging is literally an email from vtext.com (for SMS) and mypixmessages.com (for MMS). There's no encryption, meaning that it has the same issues as all other unencrypted emails: they are the digital equivalents of post cards. Anyone who comes into possession of it, no matter how briefly, will have the ability to see everything on it.

And, since most, if not all, dumb phones don't over any sort of encrypted text app, like Wire, Signal, Wickr, WhatsApp, etc, while google won't be able to see shit, your carrier will still be able to (as will any carrier you send the message to, and any carrier that picks up the slack when you are roaming).

I've been toying with getting a Blackberry Z10 or Z30. Fuck the Google botnet and I can't afford an iPhone

Not trying to push an iPhone on you, but if you're in the states, check out Credo mobile. Me and the wife got 2 free 6s's a year ago, and are paying the same as if we went to an MNVO like Page Plus.

Lumias are dead. Until Microsoft comes up with something new no one should buy a windows phone.

Nobody should buy a Windows Phone period. MS has this habit of putting something out there, and then almost immediately forgetting about it.

Windows Phone is the Playstation Vita of cell phones.

The media has been trying to kill Microsoft and make them uncool to use for 20+ years. It just doesn't help that the company shot themselves in the foot for the Xbox and mobile market.

Meh, the media always goes after whoever is on top. I mean, do you really think that if Apple had the exploding phone problem on the level that Samsung did, the media would EVER let it go? Meanwhile, it's like everyone forgot that the Samsung phone could double as a hand grenade less than a year after it happened.

Two cans on a string.
Boom fixed your botnet...

There's a reason Stallman doesn't own a cellphone

see

TSA never would forget. They would forbid you from flying with those fuckers, calling them out by name.

Is there any hypothetical way in which phones could work without being botnets? Even if it's currently impossible, how should the system be designed in order to make it doable?

blog.jolla.com/sailfishx/

Librem doesn't use cell towers if you don't want it too.

Buy a asus c201/c100p(touchscreen) chromebook for sub $200
Libreboot it.
get a $20 USB modem.
Install arch/debian/devuan.
The chromebook lasts like 15 hours and is ultra light.
I currently do this and it's been great.
USB-modem-gui lets you send and recieve sms thorugh your usb modem and you can get mobile data.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X

Like Replicant?

>nophone master race

Still trying to find a dumbphone with 4G/LTE that can double as a wifi hotspot for using with my tablet. Something like the LG Exalt 4G but with GSM and a SIM slot.

This plus proprietary chipsets

yeah, that would be great

Use shortwave radio to call your buddies (implying you jave any).

Fund Librem's crowdfunding campaign for such a phone, and it will be available in 2019 Jan, at the moment there are no options to your requests.
Read up on it, you'll be amazed.